Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Yikes. Spags Explains Why He Didnt Play Pennel
Titty Meat 10:53 PM 11-15-2019
This dude needs to go.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...sage-vs-titans
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 08:59 AM 11-16-2019
It was stupid to sit Pennel in that particular game. Hopefully, lesson learned.
[Reply]
493rd 09:02 AM 11-16-2019
We’re the Chiefs, we field bad defenses and don’t win SBs. It’s what we do.

Geico
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:03 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
Yep. Offense scores 32 points but it’s their fault. Pat has over 400 yards and 3 TD passes, but wasn’t good enough. Again, the rhetoric of the offense having to play a perfect game to win because we know our defense cannot resemble anything close to a competent NFL unit is getting old.

This offense has and continues to do their part to win games. It’s a ridiculous take to hold them to such perfect standards. In every single game I’ve watched Pat lose, it was the fault of the defense. They are not holding up their end of the bargain in any way, shape, or form.
To be fair, they couldn't get 2 whole yards to ice the game...
[Reply]
FAH-Q 09:06 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
To be fair, they couldn't get 2 whole yards to ice the game...
Even Pat Mahomes isn’t good enough to overcome the idiocy of Reid’s end of game play calling at times. The last 2 minutes of every game have me reaching for liquor strong enough to numb the senses. It’s screwed my alcohol budget up weekly.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:29 AM 11-16-2019
These last 6 games need to be effective performances by the defense. The players. The coaches. Everyone needs to bring their a game for us to have a good shot at running the table and having a fighters chance at a bye.

Sitting your best run defender and limiting the snaps of your next best run defender against a run first team was inexcusable. Only having 10 players on the field on 2 crucial plays is inexcusable. Fair catching inside the 5 has been inexcusable.

These last 9-10 games of defense and ST will dictate if this team will win a championship or not.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:41 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
Yep. Offense scores 32 points but it’s their fault. Pat has over 400 yards and 3 TD passes, but wasn’t good enough. Again, the rhetoric of the offense having to play a perfect game to win because we know our defense cannot resemble anything close to a competent NFL unit is getting old.

This offense has and continues to do their part to win games. It’s a ridiculous take to hold them to such perfect standards. In every single game I’ve watched Pat lose, it was the fault of the defense. They are not holding up their end of the bargain in any way, shape, or form.
To be fair, the defense stopped them on all 4 downs on their own territory at the end of the game which should have done it. The offense failed to get a first down to win it. As good as the offense is, they have to and should get 2 yards at the end there.

Coaching fail all around.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DrRyan 09:55 AM 11-16-2019
Damn, that reads really bad. That Joey Ivie ever dresses and is considered valuable in pass rush is concerning. As mentioned above the massive list of inexcusable mistakes on defensive personnel and ST decisions are way to much for a team this bad on defensive to overcome.

2 TDs given up with 10 men in the field? Continued penalties and kicking game mistakes that are seemingly getting worse? This is currently just a mediocre team. Please prove me wrong down the stretch big red.
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:24 AM 11-16-2019
Like an idiot I still held out some hope for Spags until I read that article. What a butt sucking moron! This team is screwed until it gets an actual DC and a backbone. Like others have said, every time our defense takes the field I expect the worst. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:25 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Always love the "no rhyme or reason" explanation. Let's me know we have the coaching edge.
An abysmal choice of words, no question
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:26 AM 11-16-2019
He literally sounds like he doesn't know what's going on. Hes really dumb.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:42 AM 11-16-2019
I am surprised Ivey has been able to cling onto this team.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:47 AM 11-16-2019
I literally didn't even know we had a guy on the team named Joe Ivie. The fact that he was activated over possibly our best run defender against a 250 pound RB and Ryan Tannehill is just asinine.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:53 AM 11-16-2019
This is unbelievable. Do we really have a DC who offers comments like:

- That's probably why that happened
- There was no rhyme or reason for it
- My guess is that with the Reggie situation, that's exactly what happened

Are you kidding me? Do we really have a DC who, 5 days after the game, STILL is unsure about how/why things transpired the way they did? Please tell me that this guy is not our DC.

How can anyone have any faith in this guy with "answers" like that? Heck, at this point, I'm less concerned about his decisions to sit Pennell and limit Ragland's snaps than I am about his spineless answers to the Press. I've never heard any coach sound so unsure about why he made gameday decisions. Sounds like everything was a guess, or a maybe, or a probably or a stinking haiku poem.

Wow, talk about a lack of assertiveness. Whoa. I guess I need to remember that said wishy/washiness is just what gets juices flowing in our slam-bam defensive unit. We must remember that football guys truly enjoy the cerebral side of things and are driven to new heights by directives like "this might work" or "I think that maybe the other team is making us do it this way".

And this guy is the leader of our defense? Lord, give me strength...
[Reply]
bobbything 10:56 AM 11-16-2019
The defense has not improved overall. They have just gotten better at some things and worse at others. The one constant is that, when asked to do so at the end of games, they don’t get off the field. The lone outlier is the Vikings game.

To win games this year we have to do one of three things to win:

(1) Have a substantial lead near the end, forcing teams into garbage time stats, or

(2) Have the ball on offense with a chance to win in the end, or

(3) Ask the defense to make a stop in crunch time. Thus far they have succeeded 1 out of 5 times.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:00 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
An abysmal choice of words, no question
At least he's honest about not having a fucking clue.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up