ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What one bargain Aldi Item do you find top quality?
srvy 08:01 AM 05-10-2019
I use Aldi for quite a few items that are budget priced offering great quality and value.

My choice at one time would have been the pork roll breakfast sausage for B&G but they have changed many suppliers and what is offered now is greasy tasteless trash.

My one item isnt even food. Its a 7.99 coffee conical burr grinder. I Thought for price worth a try but 3 years later its not trash in fact its a workhorse that wont die.

ill admit I am off for my annual wellness checkup the first with new Doc the old retired. Sweating out whether he will be a butt pirate. The old wasn't he left that for the professionals and tossed me the stool sample kit.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:11 AM 05-10-2019
The grocery carts. Best loaner tool for a 25 cent deposit anywhere.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:30 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
I like a lot of items from Aldi's, but to name a few...

Broccoli Stuffed Chicken
Millville Cereals

They usually have the best deal on eggs, as long as you pay attention to the expiration. Can of mixed nuts are WAY cheaper than the regular grocery store.

The produce can be hit and miss, for awhile I was buying Mango for 69¢ each, but last time the Mango was pretty foul. Most grocery stores ask 99¢ to $1.99 for Mango.

Almost too many items to name. One thing I dislike about Aldi however is that some products are only available on a seasonal basis.

Otherwise, it's a great place to shop.
Eggs have expiration dates? I mean I’m sure they go bad eventually, but it seems like they last forever.
[Reply]
redfan 09:35 AM 05-10-2019
That white cheddar cheese. In fact, a lot of their cheeses are great. Their wild salmon fillets are very nice as well.
[Reply]
scho63 09:48 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
The grocery carts. Best loaner tool for a 25 cent deposit anywhere.
You selling em to the homeless for .50 on a side hustle? :-)
[Reply]
srvy 09:50 AM 05-10-2019
Anyone tried the frozen Scallops? I have been temped but haven't bit yet. The price is right especially when they slash 2 dollars off.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:52 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
You selling em to the homeless for .50 on a side hustle? :-)
Hey!!:-) Hell, for a buck a guy could put together a nice little home, transportation, storage unit. That's your money maker.:-)
[Reply]
chinaski 09:57 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Eggs have expiration dates? I mean I’m sure they go bad eventually, but it seems like they last forever.
Float Test. I'll usually hard boil them when they start to get near the expiration...
[Reply]
Jerm 10:20 AM 05-10-2019
Back in the day it was Frosty Delites...
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:21 AM 05-10-2019
Never stepped foot inside an Aldi’s. There is one three miles from our house. Am I missing out? For some reason I thought they were like the Dollar General of grocery stores.
[Reply]
Renegade 10:39 AM 05-10-2019
Yes, you are missing out
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:40 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Never stepped foot inside an Aldi’s. There is one three miles from our house. Am I missing out? For some reason I thought they were like the Dollar General of grocery stores.
Aldi is a good bargain. Like others have said in this thread the specialty items can be top notch. Some of the produce can be hit or miss. For general stock up items a $100 gets a shit ton
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:45 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Aldi is a good bargain. Like others have said in this thread the specialty items can be top notch. Some of the produce can be hit or miss. For general stock up items a $100 gets a shit ton
The pantry is getting a little low on some items. Maybe I’ll give Aldis a chance over the weekend.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:46 AM 05-10-2019
Aldi is a German owned company. Their bratwurst is very good, so is the marinated turkey breast. And their house brand beer is good if you buy the stuff brewed in Europe. They make a knock off of Shiner Bock made in Belgium that's excellent, and a german lager that's actually brewed in Germany, both are very good. But beware, some of their other beers are brewed in Rochester NY by the same people who make Genessee. Their cheeses are OK too.
[Reply]
xbarretx 10:52 AM 05-10-2019
The greatest thing my wife and I found was a multi cooker from Aldi. It was on sale for like $50 bucks during Christmas. It looks like a crockpot but steams, warms, has high and low slow cook settings, it bakes, it also has a high and low skillet setting so we can brown meat and fry in it! It also has a timer for each setting. Either way, we use the bejesus out of it and it was for only $50! We loved it so much we ordered a second and it was on clearance for about $30 ish. Win win!

https://www.costway.com/4-in-1-6-qua...aign=connexity
[Reply]
srvy 10:54 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Aldi is a German owned company. Their bratwurst is very good, so is the marinated turkey breast. And their house brand beer is good if you buy the stuff brewed in Europe. They make a knock off of Shiner Bock made in Belgium that's excellent, and a german lager that's actually brewed in Germany, both are very good. But beware, some of their other beers are brewed in Rochester NY by the same people who make Genessee. Their cheeses are OK too.
I have bought the Holland 1839 lager at 5.99 a six it was ok. Seems every time I try to pick it up its oos. I guess others like it to.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up