ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders GM Mike Mayock on Draft strategy
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:41 PM 04-11-2019
This is a pretty fun listen. No matter what he says you can tell he's under a ton of pressure to get this draft right because he used to be the draft guru . LOLOL. You can tell he's worn out worrying even though he says he's not. That being said i think he'll get it right for the Raiders and in two years they'll be easily 8-8.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:43 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Stop giving horseass credit he doesn't deserve. Hell, he probably didn't even MAKE those picks in the top 10.
Like I said, he probably didn't make those d picks and trusted his scouts and coaches on those picks I agree with you BUT he was the GM during those picks.:-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 06:02 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Interesting fact: Robert Aires likes to go on vacation in Buenos Ayers
lol, yes, Robert Ayers...
[Reply]
jdubya 01:24 PM 11-18-2019
If this is correct then he is off to a great start

Josh Dubow

@JoshDubowAP
#Raiders are the 1st team since sacks became official stat in 1982 to get 10+ sacks and 10+ TDs from rookies in the 1st 10 games of the season
18:11 - 17 Nov 2019
Twitter Ads information and privacy
[Reply]
KC Hawks 01:35 PM 11-18-2019
Drafting Clelin Ferrell over Josh Allen is still awful.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:26 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
I don't think so.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:39 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think so.
Ferrell has been playing pretty damn well recently. I guess we'll see.
[Reply]
493rd 05:56 PM 11-18-2019
If only they had a QB...
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:16 PM 11-18-2019
Mayock has done a pretty good job so far with his picks. And I don't see any reason why he won't in the future. Yes, he'll miss a few, because everyone does, but he'll make plenty of good picks as well.

What's funny is that if he hits on more than his fair share, a lot of people will denigrate his decisions, saying things like, "his scouts made all those picks; he had nothing to do with them," and if he misses any they'll say, "Mayock can't find talent to save his life; he sucks." Fans are stupid.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:16 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by jdubya:
If this is correct then he is off to a great start

Josh Dubow

@JoshDubowAP
#Raiders are the 1st team since sacks became official stat in 1982 to get 10+ sacks and 10+ TDs from rookies in the 1st 10 games of the season
18:11 - 17 Nov 2019
Twitter Ads information and privacy
How many other teams had as many early round picks as the Raiders? Make an adjustment for that and overall picks and I'd be curious if they stand out.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:16 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
How many other teams had as many early round picks as the Raiders? Make an adjustment for that and overall picks and I'd be curious if they stand out.
Some truth to that but don't get pissy when Gruden and Mayock have the balls to go to the dartboard and take a shot rather than funnelling off 1st round picks every year in the quest for "surefire" FA's needing fat paydays.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:31 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Mayock has done a pretty good job so far with his picks. And I don't see any reason why he won't in the future. Yes, he'll miss a few, because everyone does, but he'll make plenty of good picks as well.

What's funny is that if he hits on more than his fair share, a lot of people will denigrate his decisions, saying things like, "his scouts made all those picks; he had nothing to do with them," and if he misses any they'll say, "Mayock can't find talent to save his life; he sucks." Fans are stupid.
Ummm... OK
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:39 AM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Trayvon Mullen, 2nd round pick, game sealing INT this past week.

Maxx Crosby, 4th round choice, just had a 4 sack game.

Foster Moreau, 4th round choice, 16 catches, 142 yards, and 4 TDs.

Hunter Renfrow, 5th round choice, 33 catches, 365 yards, and 2 TDs.

Isaiah Johnson, another 4th round choice, just came off IR.

I'd mention Abrams, but since he was a 1st rounder, I guess that it doesn't matter he's been on IR since after week 1.

Also, we had a lot of 4th round picks because Mayock traded down a bunch to gather those picks.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:02 AM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Trayvon Mullen, 2nd round pick, game sealing INT this past week.

Maxx Crosby, 4th round choice, just had a 4 sack game.

Foster Moreau, 4th round choice, 16 catches, 142 yards, and 4 TDs.

Hunter Renfrow, 5th round choice, 33 catches, 365 yards, and 2 TDs.

Isaiah Johnson, another 4th round choice, just came off IR.

I'd mention Abrams, but since he was a 1st rounder, I guess that it doesn't matter he's been on IR since after week 1.

Also, we had a lot of 4th round picks because Mayock traded down a bunch to gather those picks.
The Raiders had literally double the draft capital of most other teams because of their 3 first round picks.

They had a good draft but it is nothing special at all...yet.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:46 AM 11-20-2019
No matter how you slice it, these last few years of drafts are some of the best that the Raiders have had in years. But, again as its been pointed out. picking at the top of the draft is a lot easier to find better players than at the bottom. So they should be graded on some kind of sliding scale.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:59 AM 11-20-2019
That guy thought kizer was the best QB in the 2017 draft.

Pfffffttt!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up