ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders GM Mike Mayock on Draft strategy
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:41 PM 04-11-2019
This is a pretty fun listen. No matter what he says you can tell he's under a ton of pressure to get this draft right because he used to be the draft guru . LOLOL. You can tell he's worn out worrying even though he says he's not. That being said i think he'll get it right for the Raiders and in two years they'll be easily 8-8.

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:22 AM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Alex Smith had one season as good as Carr did last year. That was in 2017 with an amazing array of skill players. Carr had jack and squat last year for weapons, but put up just as good of numbers as Smith did in 2017.

I'm not saying Carr is the answer. I'm enough of a realist to know that is probably not going to happen now. He is better than freakin' Alex Smith though.
You know stats are an actual measurable things that people can look up right? Carr’s overall rating last season was a 93.9. Alex Smith’s average rating for his 5 seasons with the Chiefs was a 94.76. No way does Carr ever touch the rating Smith put up in 2017.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:17 AM 04-13-2019
Mayock's under no pressure he is just Gruden's fall guy if it all goes south. We all know who is calling the shots and why Gruden will fail in Oakland the 2nd time around just like he did in Tampa after winning the SB with Dungy's assembled team.:-)

Gruden's forte is not personnel although he thinks it is.

Just like we all know who is calling the shots here in KC and it ain't Veach.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 12:40 PM 04-13-2019
I like Mayock, and hate to see him wearing the black and silver. My gut tells me that the Raiders will be a more formidable opponent in 2-3 seasons. Lucky for us, we have a generational talent at QB with three more years on his rookie contract.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:33 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Mayock's under no pressure he is just Gruden's fall guy if it all goes south. We all know who is calling the shots and why Gruden will fail in Oakland the 2nd time around just like he did in Tampa after winning the SB with Dungy's assembled team.:-)

Gruden's forte is not personnel although he thinks it is.

Just like we all know who is calling the shots here in KC and it ain't Veach.:-)
Maycock has to be under enormous pressure . Think about it. He's been a professional draft analyst getting paid big bucks for the last many years and NOW he's responsible for actually making those picks. If he fails his whole life gig is OVER with. I love it. But I think he'll do good for the Raiders.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:34 PM 04-13-2019
I suppose we'll see after this year.

Care to place a small wager on whether Carr will destroy his own, and Smith's best years this coming season?
Ok

But he's gotta throw more than 26 tds, have a better rating in both passer (104) and qbr (65).
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:38 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Ok

But he's gotta throw more than 26 tds, have a better rating in both passer (104) and qbr (65).

Stupid bet. Two shitty fucking QB's who need to eat AIDS and die.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:38 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Stupid bet. Two shitty ****ing QB's who need to eat AIDS and die.
One has.

And one will
[Reply]
jdubya 02:19 PM 04-13-2019
Anybody watch the whole interview? At the very end he is asked about the QB situation and he says "David is our QB...." If I am DEREK I`d be a little worried lol.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:21 PM 04-13-2019
Mayock was really the only draft analyst I consistently agreed with and enjoyed. I miss his takes. That said, he has alot of pressure on him with the Raiders to get this draft right. 4 picks in the top 35 and he really needs to hit them all.

If the Raiders are looking QB, I think they are looking QB in the wrong draft to be honest. Murray is a midget that has one year of experience. I don't know that I'd be going all in to get him. Lock struggles with inaccuracy although I like him alot more than I did Josh Allen. If the Raiders do go QB, I could see a mild trade up to #3 with the Jets, giving up 35, to ensure they get Lock. The reason I think Lock is possible is that he's that much more mobile and fits Gruden's scheme. I don't think Haskins, despite his arm talent, fits what Gruden likes to do. And the biggest thing is whether or not they'd be gaining anything with these QBs over what they already have in Carr? I really don't think they would be.

I think they should focus on the defense and getting more weapons around Carr. Get a stud pass rusher like Josh Allen at 4, get an athletic TE like Fant at 24, get Josh Jacobs at RB at 27, and get another CB like Trayvon Mullen at 35. That really sets your foundation on both sides of the ball. With Fant, Brown, and Jacobs, Carr really has no excuses not to produce. On the other side you get a solid #2 CB to pair with Conley and you replace your stupidity of trading away Mack at #4.

If Carr doesn't produce in 2019, then sell the farm for Herbert in 2020.
[Reply]
Munson 02:24 PM 04-13-2019
I think Mayock will have a good first year. He's got 4 of the top 35 picks, 3 of which are 1st rounders.

But after the first year, he'll descend into typical Raider suckage and be gone in 4 or 5 years.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:28 PM 04-13-2019

Care to place a small wager on whether Carr will destroy his own, and Smith's best years this coming season?
Being in year 2 of Grudens system Carr should do better but his ceiling is already been reached. All the talent in the world doesnt replace his shit for brains when the going gets tough. Like checking down on a Hail Mary on 4th down and game and many other bone headed plays he has done that shows his lack of football IQ under duress. He might be great in the film room and when wearing the red shirt but he pisses himself in games.
[Reply]
Tges58 02:46 PM 04-13-2019

Since Smith got his leg Theismaned last year it's probably too close to call
[Reply]
ROYC75 07:52 PM 04-13-2019
I really think you guys are selling these 2 short. Gruden has started his house clearing last year, the pics are going to be a start on the rebuild. IMHO, I feel these 2 will right that ship in Gruden's 3rd year, being very competitive.

IMHO,we better get our shit together and stay young & athletic.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:39 PM 04-13-2019
I agree the Mayock is under pressure to get the draft picks right. I think he's going to find out rather quickly, that it's one thing to critique teams and picks, and it's quite another to actually be the one pulling the trigger on the picks.

I remember when Mayock said Robert Aires was going to be the best pass rusher in the draft, he just needed time to develop. Wrong. What I saw when I watched the youtube videos of Aires was a slow first step, not a fast first step. Mayock said Aires had a quick first step but I saw the exact opposite, I thought he was slow off the snap. Anyhow, the Broncos ended up drafting Robert Aires and he was very mediocre. He wasn't bad, but he was nothing special either.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:09 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I agree the Mayock is under pressure to get the draft picks right. I think he's going to find out rather quickly, that it's one thing to critique teams and picks, and it's quite another to actually be the one pulling the trigger on the picks.

I remember when Mayock said Robert Aires was going to be the best pass rusher in the draft, he just needed time to develop. Wrong. What I saw when I watched the youtube videos of Aires was a slow first step, not a fast first step. Mayock said Aires had a quick first step but I saw the exact opposite, I thought he was slow off the snap. Anyhow, the Broncos ended up drafting Robert Aires and he was very mediocre. He wasn't bad, but he was nothing special either.
Interesting fact: Robert Aires likes to go on vacation in Buenos Ayers
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up