ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders GM Mike Mayock on Draft strategy
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:41 PM 04-11-2019
This is a pretty fun listen. No matter what he says you can tell he's under a ton of pressure to get this draft right because he used to be the draft guru . LOLOL. You can tell he's worn out worrying even though he says he's not. That being said i think he'll get it right for the Raiders and in two years they'll be easily 8-8.

[Reply]
JakeF 05:51 PM 04-11-2019
He already looks older. lol

It's really difficult to root against Mike Mayock. He's such a down-to-earth guy.

I wish he wasn't a Raider.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:53 PM 04-11-2019
I loved mayocks draft coverage

That was the worst part of him going to the raiders

It seems like he was right more often then not

I think he even had Earl Thomas over Eric Berry back in the day
[Reply]
JakeF 05:58 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I think he even had Earl Thomas over Eric Berry back in the day
He did. I think he was either first or one of the few that did say Thomas over Berry. The players turned about to be fairly even so it doesn't really matter. Although recent injuries will probably give the career of Thomas the edge over Berry.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:05 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
He did. I think he was either first or one of the few that did say Thomas over Berry. The players turned about to be fairly even so it doesn't really matter. Although recent injuries will probably give the career of Thomas the edge over Berry.
Wait , were Thomas and Berry in the same draft. I remember it being Taylor Mays/Eric berry.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:05 PM 04-11-2019
Mayock was the reason I switched to NFLN draft coverage from the abortion of what ESPN draft had become. Really enjoyed Mayocks breakdowns and commentary.
[Reply]
Munson 06:08 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Wait , were Thomas and Berry in the same draft. I remember it being Taylor Mays/Eric berry.
It was the 2010 draft.

We took Berry at #5.

Seattle took Thomas at #14.

SF takes Mays at #49.

Seattle also got Kam Chancellor in the 5th round #133.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 06:37 PM 04-11-2019
Even the haters recognize MayGOAT is destined for greatness.

Raiders are taking the division THIS YEAR. Bookmark this post.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:52 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:

Taking last.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 07:01 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It's really difficult to root against Mike Mayock. He's such a down-to-earth guy.
Eh, I don't see it. He is a bit of a "me guy" to me. Even on the very first question, he should have said there is a team of scouts, yadda, yadda.

And notice how he used to talk to all the GMs before, and now he can't. We shall see how much he just echoed what he heard pretty soon.

Honestly, I think his unsubstantiated ego is going to do him in and hurt their drafts.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:12 PM 04-11-2019

LOL. Dumbass!
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 09:30 PM 04-11-2019

You’re gonna have to beat KC For that to happen and you wont be able to do that unless the refs give you 400 untimed downs from the 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
NWTF 10:17 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Eh, I don't see it. He is a bit of a "me guy" to me. Even on the very first question, he should have said there is a team of scouts, yadda, yadda.

And notice how he used to talk to all the GMs before, and now he can't. We shall see how much he just echoed what he heard pretty soon.

Honestly, I think his unsubstantiated ego is going to do him in and hurt their drafts.
Mayock's pretty respected around the league. Other teams were interested in him for GM in the past. I think he knows his stuff, but that doesnt mean they will hit on everything in the draft, and they wont. You still got Gruden in the mix and hes proven to be a bad evaluator and in the end he could overrule Mayock. Funny, but Gruden was at his best when Al Davis did the grocery shopping for him. Even though Mayock was brought in, and I think it was a good move Gruden seems to have final say.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:49 PM 04-11-2019
Maycock
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:00 PM 04-11-2019
May he fail in spectacular fashion.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up