ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 48
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:36 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
It is quite astounding how badly they mismanaged Star Wars. They had the perfect opportunity. The fan base was ready for a fresh start and they completely squandered every ounce of good will.

All they needed was one more adventure with the old gang to set the tone and it was all hyperspace. However, agendas were pushed instead of story arcs.
Shit, agendas are fine if you use subtext and have interesting characters. Like good writing does.

I mean the moral of Forrest Gump was "If you do what you're told by authority figures and follow the ultimate authority (mr. Bible) you can succeed even if you're retarded. Meanwhile if you are a hippy it was because you were molested and will probably die of AIDS."

Still, I love that movie.

The biggest problem with the Disney SW (and TLJ in particular) is the characters suck and the 'on the nose' social lecturing that takes place.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:07 PM 07-01-2019
It is quite astounding how badly they mismanaged Star Wars. They had the perfect opportunity. The fan base was ready for a fresh start and they completely squandered every ounce of good will.

All they needed was one more adventure with the old gang to set the tone and it was all hyperspace. However, agendas were pushed instead of story arcs.
It really is astounding.

The problem with a lot of writing today is that it just whistles past logic whenever it’s inconvenient. When your characters can’t answer simple questions about what is motivating their actions the film usually falls apart or rings untrue (like The Last Jedi). I said it at the time TLJ was released: who are we supposed to care about anymore and why? I’ll see Episode IX, but I’ll see it with a big shrug.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:30 PM 07-14-2019
So, Sith Troopers

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/star-wa...ews.85567.html
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:32 PM 07-14-2019
Yeah that's been all over Facebook for the last 48 hours. It has predictably garnered MUCH meh.

And scorn!
[Reply]
Bowser 07:35 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yeah that's been all over Facebook for the last 48 hours. It has predictably garnered MUCH meh.

And scorn!
What is the percentage chance that these Sith Troopers are connected to whatever Chuck Wendig teased at the end of Empire's End out in the Unknown Regions? Because that might actually pique my interest if they go that direction.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:05 PM 07-14-2019

And scorn!
Fan bases can only be fooled so long. The desperation is evident.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:15 PM 07-14-2019
Fan bases can only be fooled so long. The desperation is evident.
There's a reason Solo lost money, and it wasn't just because of what Solo presented in trailers.

It's because a lot of people like me went to see TLJ and said "Nope. Fuck that. I'm done."

Boring ass meandering insulting pile of nonsense.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:31 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
What is the percentage chance that these Sith Troopers are connected to whatever Chuck Wendig teased at the end of Empire's End out in the Unknown Regions? Because that might actually pique my interest if they go that direction.
Who knows? Probably just another toy at this point. I mean the gist of the movie is known, the rest is minimal details. Even Rey's parentage is known, at least the father is anyway.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:38 PM 07-14-2019
Who knows? Probably just another toy at this point. I mean the gist of the movie is known, the rest is minimal details. Even Rey's parentage is known, at least the father is anyway.
Stop it.

Nobody buys toys for this new trilogy.

And it's alienated the emotionally stunted virgin losers in that group who buy all the toys.

Kids don't watch this shit anymore, and they sure don't buy toys like they used to. Maybe an app for their iphone.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:45 PM 07-14-2019
Well, yeah. But it's still a toy. I never said kids were the intended buyer. The stores barely stock the shit because it doesn't sell. Kids want Marvel.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:51 PM 07-14-2019
Well, yeah. But it's still a toy. I never said kids were the intended buyer. The stores barely stock the shit because it doesn't sell. Kids want Marvel.
Yeah, but Star Wars has cornered the toy market for woke feminists, so there's that.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:59 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Yeah, but Star Wars has cornered the toy market for woke feminists, so there's that.
Well, yeah.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:36 PM 08-04-2019
It's kind of surprising how little we've heard about IX considering we're already in August. Here's a new vid put out that might have a few spoilers in it, maybe. Click at your own risk.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:00 PM 08-24-2019

[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:31 PM 08-24-2019
Meh, has all the believability of Danaerys turning evil. If it happens, not buying it, if it doesn’t happen, shameful ploy to garner attention to the movie. Either way they don’t seem to know what they’re doing with this disjointed trilogy.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 48
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Up