ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 240
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:12 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
Seems to be a terrible in game coach, but great in every other aspect. Not sure if that's an endorsement, though
Matt Cassel graded out perfectly in practice too.

As well all know, Tuesday - Saturday means squat if you shit the bed damn near every Sunday.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:13 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Kubiak was well on his way to losing that game until their QB fired him in halfway through it
Yup
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:14 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
You tell me :

Does Reid suck, and the front office sucks by proxy and we will never win a Super Bowl because below average is a-okay??

OR

Does Reid throw these games away on purpose??

There has to be a REASON he's allowed to draw a paycheck and call himself an NFL head football coach. It's certainly not his stellar Sunday performances over the years...

You tell me what you think it is.
Probably because despite his fuckups he wins more games than he loses (.587).

I want to add I am not defending him I never wanted him hired in the first place.
[Reply]
Hootie 10:15 AM 09-18-2015
Matt Cassel graded out perfectly in practice too.

As well all know, Tuesday - Saturday means squat if you shit the bed damn near every Sunday.
He has a winning record in KC ... Not sure how that's damn near every Sunday, but I'm not here to argue today.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:16 AM 09-18-2015
Seems to be a terrible in game coach, but great in every other aspect. Not sure if that's an endorsement, though
It certainly doesn't allay my fears.

Look, at the most crucial moments in the game last night, he routinely made bad decisions. The best one, offensively, was bringing Knile Davis in the game in the 4th qtr score and lining up in what looked to be a pass formation. That play was fucking money. Beyond that, it was a series of aborted fetuses when we needed a Coach with his experience to make the appropriate calls. Disappointing to say the least....
[Reply]
Brock 10:18 AM 09-18-2015
You tell me :

Does Reid suck, and the front office sucks by proxy and we will never win a Super Bowl because below average is a-okay??

OR

Does Reid throw these games away on purpose??

There has to be a REASON he's allowed to draw a paycheck and call himself an NFL head football coach. It's certainly not his stellar Sunday performances over the years...

You tell me what you think it is.
He's a coach who wins more than he loses. He's a safe pick, that's why he'll have a job as long as he wants one.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:20 AM 09-18-2015
The reason Andy won in Philly was three fold.

1) Philly's D was excellent and had a nasty mindset. Our defense is good but doesn't seem to have the mindset to crush a good offenses spirit.

2) McNabb was a much better QB then Smith. In fact Smith has more talent at the offensive talent positions then McNabb had. Remember, the Eagle trotted out Freddie Mitchell for multiple seasons.

3) At the time Andy's horizontal passing attack was innovative. It isn't anymore.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:20 AM 09-18-2015
He has a winning record in KC ... Not sure how that's damn near every Sunday, but I'm not here to argue today.
Because you can get a winning record in KC beating up on the likes of playing Oak and SD twice a year, plus we get Buf, Jax, Houston, etc on our schedule often.

Anytime we come up against a real playoff caliber opponent (SF, Den, Arizona, etc.) We come out and shit the bed.

He beats the teams he should beat. But never takes the next step.

Todd Haley had a winning record in KC, too...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:22 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The reason Andy won in Philly was three fold.

1) Philly's D was excellent and had a nasty mindset. Our defense is good but doesn't seem to have the mindset to crush a good offenses spirit.

2) McNabb was a much better QB then Smith. In fact Smith has more talent at the offensive talent positions then McNabb had. Remember, the Eagle trotted out Freddie Mitchell for multiple seasons.

3) At the time Andy's horizontal passing attack was innovative. It isn't anymore.
Kinda, that's all true, but...

Andy won in Philly because of Jim Johnson's defense.

When Johnson died, so did Reid's domination of the NFC East.

The reason Reid NEVER took the next step, even with that stellar defense??

BECAUSE HE'S A TERRIBLE HEAD COACH.
[Reply]
Hootie 10:23 AM 09-18-2015
I guess I dreamt beating New England, Seattle, and 4 other teams with winning records last year.
[Reply]
mcaj22 10:25 AM 09-18-2015
Kinda, that's all true, but...

Andy won in Philly because of Jim Johnson's defense.

When Johnson died, so did Reid's domination of the NFC East.

The reason Reid NEVER took the next step, even with that stellar defense??

BECAUSE HE'S A TERRIBLE HEAD COACH.
Bowles and McDermott were two DCs Andy had after Johnson and he underminded them both to fall on the sword for his mistakes and both of them currently field two of the better defenses in the NFL today.
[Reply]
Brock 10:26 AM 09-18-2015

19-26 isn't a winning record
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:26 AM 09-18-2015
Because you can get a winning record in KC beating up on the likes of playing Oak and SD twice a year, plus we get Buf, Jax, Houston, etc on our schedule often.

Anytime we come up against a real playoff caliber opponent (SF, Den, Arizona, etc.) We come out and shit the bed.

He beats the teams he should beat. But never takes the next step.

19-26 in 3 seasons.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09-18-2015, 10:26 AM
This message has been deleted by rabblerouser.
rabblerouser 10:27 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
19-26 in 3 seasons.
Yeah, I forgot about 2009.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:27 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Bowles and McDermott were two DCs Andy had after Johnson and he underminded them both to fall on the sword for his mistakes and both of them currently field two of the better defenses in the NFL today.
It's those things that make you go :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 240
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up