ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Nzoner's Game Room>Representatives from 24 teams expected to appear at Colin Kaepernick’s workout in Atl
Msmith 11:26 AM 11-16-2019
What will your reaction be if the Chiefs sign him?

Link:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/representa...111844990.html
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:33 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And that's how much different from the entire Chiefs team, especially Honey Badger, openly recruiting PP and Ramsey... how? Is that them throwing young Ward and Fuller under the bus? The media was baiting Reid to talk about his friend and he went a little overboard with it. I don't like it. But does that make him an unsignable locker room cancer? That's a stretch.

Is that really a good enough reason not to have signed him in 2018? Even bigger stretch. It's very hard to believe Eric Reid wouldn't have been high reward in 2018 at almost no $.
I’m SO glad Reid is in Carolina and not here

He’d have taken a hot dump on Matt Moore too, hope this post clarifies my thinking on this matter
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:06 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Whatever. So I missed up a word. Sue me.
messed
[Reply]
Coogs 07:08 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
messed
:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:16 PM 11-18-2019
And that's how much different from the entire Chiefs team, especially Honey Badger, openly recruiting PP and Ramsey... how? Is that them throwing young Ward and Fuller under the bus? The media was baiting Reid to talk about his friend and he went a little overboard with it. I don't like it. But does that make him an unsignable locker room cancer? That's a stretch.

Is that really a good enough reason not to have signed him in 2018? Even bigger stretch. It's very hard to believe Eric Reid wouldn't have been high reward in 2018 at almost no $.
Dude you are making huge stretches with your comparisons a usual. There is 1 starting QB on a team who controls the whole offense. Thats not remote;ly close to advocating for another defensive player to add tot he mix.

Just stop because you are ruining your own argument.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:18 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I’m SO glad Reid is in Carolina and not here

He’d have taken a hot dump on Matt Moore too, hope this post clarifies my thinking on this matter
You'd have to be on crack to think he wouldn't have been a huge difference over Jordan Lucas vs NE. We lost the game by inches.

But for shame, he advocated for his good friend over a backup qb who hasn't been playing well.

I really don't care if we extended Reid. But it was a flat out mistake not to sign him last year. And we know damn well why and it wasn't because the Chiefs predicted he'd throw a future backup qb under the bus on the off chance mahomes got injured.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:27 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Dude you are making huge stretches with your comparisons a usual. There is 1 starting QB on a team who controls the whole offense. Thats not remote;ly close to advocating for another defensive player to add tot he mix.

Just stop because you are ruining your own argument.
The media asked him about his best friend who happens to be controversially blocked out of the league. I don't agree with what he said at all. But to claim that makes him unsignable is a getting riled up about something that doesn't matter because you flat out don't like the guy.

Anyone who claims we shouldn't have signed the guy last year cares more about whining than winning. What excuse does anybody have to not sign him for a 1year contract other than being offended.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:38 PM 11-18-2019
The media asked him about his best friend who happens to be controversially blocked out of the league. I don't agree with what he said at all. But to claim that makes him unsignable is a getting riled up about something that doesn't matter because you flat out don't like the guy.

Anyone who claims we shouldn't have signed the guy last year cares more about whining than winning. What excuse does anybody have to not sign him for a 1year contract other than being offended.
Because CK wears pig-cop socks to work maybe.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:41 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Because CK wears pig-cop socks to work maybe.
Not a defense for Kaepernick. I get why teams stayed away from him. Teams blacklisted Eric Reid for stupid reasons. Including a chiefs team that clearly could have used him last year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:59 PM 11-19-2019
You'd have to be on crack to think he wouldn't have been a huge difference over Jordan Lucas vs NE. We lost the game by inches.

But for shame, he advocated for his good friend over a backup qb who hasn't been playing well.

I really don't care if we extended Reid. But it was a flat out mistake not to sign him last year. And we know damn well why and it wasn't because the Chiefs predicted he'd throw a future backup qb under the bus on the off chance mahomes got injured.
Eric Reid is ABYSMAL in coverage.

Are we really talking about the same player? He's among the worst coverage safeties in the league. I reiterate, Daniel Sorensen is a better safety than Eric Reid. Reid has a whopping 4 interceptions in his last 60+ starts dating back to 2015. Mathieu, OTOH, has 12 and 43. Sorensen, in a fraction of the snaps, has 6 and 18 PDs in all of 18 starts in that period of time. Reid is a SHITTY coverage safety. Absolute garbage in space. No, I am not overstating it - he sucks at it.

But even if he'd have been a slight upgrade in 2018, so would a couple dozen other guys who wouldn't have carried his baggage and were available who we didn't get.

You say "it's obvious why we didn't sign him" yet we didn't sign Trey Boston. We didn't even sign Mathieu. There were a BUNCH of safeties we didn't sign last year who would have been an upgrade so just how is it 'obvious' that his activism is why we didn't sign him? We didn't sign him because we didn't expect the defensive secondary to be an abortion.

And when you start to just hand-waive what he did with Allen then your argument simply lacks any meaning. What he did was the highest form of 'shitty teammate' that exists. It was truly trash and is ample evidence that this is not a guy you want in a lockerroom, especially not if things are going poorly.

And Jordan Lucas wasn't the problem against NE, nor was Sorensen (who you noticeably didn't include and who was who he'd have been replacing in that lineup). It was Eric Berry. And no, Reid/Sutton wouldn't have replaced Berry with Reid in that lineup. If anyone came out it would've been Dirty Dan and he played one of the best games of his career that day.

So yeah, I can easily say that Reid wouldn't have made a difference in the AFCCG - he would have taken our best Safety off the field in all likelihood.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:40 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eric Reid is ABYSMAL in coverage.

Are we really talking about the same player? He's among the worst coverage safeties in the league. I reiterate, Daniel Sorensen is a better safety than Eric Reid. Reid has a whopping 4 interceptions in his last 60+ starts dating back to 2015. Mathieu, OTOH, has 12 and 43. Sorensen, in a fraction of the snaps, has 6 and 18 PDs in all of 18 starts in that period of time. Reid is a SHITTY coverage safety. Absolute garbage in space. No, I am not overstating it - he sucks at it.

But even if he'd have been a slight upgrade in 2018, so would a couple dozen other guys who wouldn't have carried his baggage and were available who we didn't get.

You say "it's obvious why we didn't sign him" yet we didn't sign Trey Boston. We didn't even sign Mathieu. There were a BUNCH of safeties we didn't sign last year who would have been an upgrade so just how is it 'obvious' that his activism is why we didn't sign him? We didn't sign him because we didn't expect the defensive secondary to be an abortion.

And when you start to just hand-waive what he did with Allen then your argument simply lacks any meaning. What he did was the highest form of 'shitty teammate' that exists. It was truly trash and is ample evidence that this is not a guy you want in a lockerroom, especially not if things are going poorly.

And Jordan Lucas wasn't the problem against NE, nor was Sorensen (who you noticeably didn't include and who was who he'd have been replacing in that lineup). It was Eric Berry. And no, Reid/Sutton wouldn't have replaced Berry with Reid in that lineup. If anyone came out it would've been Dirty Dan and he played one of the best games of his career that day.

So yeah, I can easily say that Reid wouldn't have made a difference in the AFCCG - he would have taken our best Safety off the field in all likelihood.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why Reid signed with nobody last year then suddenly took a contract to play for Carolina pretty much for free. And what team would have needed him more than a chiefs team that had no confidence in berry to return. You can do all kinds of gymnastics around it... Eric Reid would have helped and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why the Chiefs never even considered him. he carried NONE of the baggage Kaepernick had except that he knelt and was vocal about his beliefs. No proof that he was a bad teammate, a bad player, or lazy. Much as you want to use one character example that popped up a year later as retroactive proof that he wouldve been a distraction in kc.

He would have helped us in 2018. He wouldn't have costed us anything. And the lame attempts to character assassinate him don't change that. He made a not so great comment on Kyle Allen once in his career. Wow, that makes him totally unsignable to a bad defense.

By the way, we didn't sign Mathieu in 2018 because we got outbid, he was expensive, and unlike in September, we didn't realize the extent of Berrys injury when Mathieu signed.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Up