ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>AFC West Week 11 projections
jjchieffan 09:09 PM 11-15-2019
I would like to start by saying that I will be more consistent with these through the rest of the season. It's been a rough month for my family. My sister Kristina was diagnosed in July with colon cancer. They didn't catch it in time and it was already stage 4 and had spread into her liver. The doctors gave practically no hope. She went to a naturalist for treatment and stubbornly refused to try anything else. That, unfortunately, sealed her fate she went into the emergency room on October 17 with her colon blocked so badly that they had to remove it. She never left the hospital, and on November 4, she went home to be with the Lord. Thanks to those of you who were praying for her. It is much appreciated. I'm moving forward now and learning to live with the heartache. So, here are my projections for this week.

Week 11 features a divisional match between the MASH unit known as the Chiefs going to Mexico City to face the homeless Chargers. When these teams last faced, the Chargers came from behind to win at Arrowhead their first win against the Chiefs since defeating a Chase Daniel led squad of backups with nothing to play floor in week 17 of 2013. On paper, the Chiefs should win this one walking away. The Chargers have underachieved badly this year and looked absolutely horrible against the Fade with Rivers going 0-8 to finish the game when he only needed a field goal to win. But, the Chiefs looked equally bad against the Titans, fumbling away a scoop and score, Fielding punts at the 2, botching field goal snaps, and letting Ryan Tannehill lead a game winning drive after failing to convert 3rd and 2 to ice the game. One thing for sure, it's going to be high scoring. But, I just don't see the Chargers winning this one.
Chiefs 31- Chargers 28

Next we have the 2nd place Faiders facing perhaps the worst team in the league, the Cincinnati Bungles. I didn't think that the team could get worse than Marvin Lewiston led squad, but wow, these guys are bad. Chiefs better win if they want to keep the lead, because the Faiders have an extra bye week this week.
Faiders 27, Bungles 3

And finally, we have the hapless Donks led by some nobody quarterback after putting their has been quarterback on IR. The Donks face the Vikings this week. The Vikings are a good team, the Donks are a bad team. Hmmm. I wonder what to do here?
Vikings 24- Donks 6
[Reply]
TLO 09:31 PM 11-15-2019
Sorry to hear about your loss
Best wishes to you and your family.

I enjoy these threads. Glad to see you around again JJ.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:08 PM 11-15-2019
sorry to hear about your sister, that sucks dude. Prayers for your family.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:18 PM 11-15-2019
Sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:57 AM 11-16-2019
Sad to hear about the loss of your sister, that’s terrible to hear. Prayers for your family.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:11 AM 11-16-2019
My condolences to you and your family. Thanks for taking the time to make these predictions.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:24 AM 11-16-2019
I'm sorry for your loss JJ. Condolences to you and your family
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:06 PM 11-16-2019
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:10 PM 11-16-2019
Sorry for your loss JJ. Losing a sibling is hard, as I know all too well. I try to remember what I loved most about them and then a funny story whenever I feel sad and realize the loss that I can't call them. It helps. Prayers...
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:11 PM 11-16-2019
Sorry for your loss prayers to you and yours.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:49 PM 11-17-2019
Well, Denver had me thinking that I was going to miss that one when they opened up a 20-0 halftime lead, but they collapsed in epic fashion. 2-0 so far. Hopefully, the Chiefs win tomorrow night to give me a perfect record this week.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:19 PM 11-18-2019
Sorry for your loss........
[Reply]
TEX 06:03 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Well, Denver had me thinking that I was going to miss that one when they opened up a 20-0 halftime lead, but they collapsed in epic fashion. 2-0 so far. Hopefully, the Chiefs win tomorrow night to give me a perfect record this week.
I second this.
[Reply]
TEX 07:51 AM 11-19-2019
Perfect record this week. :-)
[Reply]
Up