ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Utah RB Zack Moss details formal meeting with Chiefs
Tribal Warfare 09:26 PM 02-26-2020
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...interview/amp/

Utah’s Zack Moss is widely considered among the top running backs in the 2020 NFL draft class, and he’s out to prove it at the NFL Scouting Combine. He’s been compared to great players like former Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch and even models his game after him. This past season Moss became one of the most prolific rushers in Utah history. He now holds career records for carries (712) rushing yards (4,167), 100-yard rushing games (18), rushing touchdowns (38) and total touchdowns (41).

Moss met with the Kansas City Chiefs for a formal meeting on Tuesday night, where he positioned himself to become the next explosive weapon added to one of the NFL’s most fearsome offenses.

“It was really good,” Moss said of his interview. “I was able to meet head coach Andy Reid, all of their offensive coaches, the RB coach and offensive coordinator. We talked some football and I just picked their brains and they picked mine.”

There’s no hangover from Super Bowl LIV for the Chiefs’ front office and coaching staff. Moss learned a few things about the franchise and their approach to the combine during his interview with the team.

“They’re business first,” Moss told Chiefs Wire. “They’re down to the nitty-gritty, from every single detail. When you come in there you have to be prepared to go — you feel like it’s a hostile environment.”

Moss felt that he left a positive impression on the Chiefs’ coaching staff following the formal interview. It sounded like the type of impression that could make him an option for Kansas City come April’s draft.

“I feel like they learned that I’m going to be a knowledgeable guy,” Moss said. “That I’m more than just a run-between-the-tackles [type of player] and that I can adapt to any offense.”

Moss describes himself as a versatile player, one that teams will never have to take off the field. He feels comfortable catching, blocking, and in short-yardage situations. He’s faced adversity in college football, suffering a knee injury in 2018, but he bounced back from it. It’s given him an added layer of confidence throughout this process.

One thing that added confidence in his interview with the Chiefs was familiarity with a member of their staff. Chiefs defensive quality control coach Alex Whittingham played with Moss at Utah. Moss says they’ve kept in touch since Wittingham graduated and joined the Chiefs’ coaching staff.

“I’ve talked to Alex, two or three times in the past couple of months,” Moss said. “I shot him a text message saying ‘Congratulations on the Super Bowl’ and things like that. I was able to see him a little bit earlier [before the Super Bowl] last year.”
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:20 AM 02-27-2020
I like D'Andre Swift's game a lot. Can you imagine him in our offense? I doubt he falls to us though.
[Reply]
scho63 04:48 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Great vision, quick feet, deceptive speed and very good power. I think the Chiefs see some KH in this guy.
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Does he get drunk and kick bitches in the ass?
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
That's what they are trying to find out on the backside.:-)
As long as he tells them upfront and doesn't lie, he can beat all the btches he wants along with 1,500 yards rushing.
[Reply]
Danguardace 04:59 AM 02-27-2020
I personally would like Jonathan Taylor
[Reply]
Coogs 06:07 AM 02-27-2020
"you feel like it’s a hostile environment.”

Probably not going to score big points with that comment.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:30 AM 02-27-2020
Yep, looks like our kind of guy.

Williams
Williams
Thompson
Moss
Ware in reserve for an injury spot
[Reply]
kcclone 07:58 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
They would never let real targets go to the press like that. Veach plays his cards close to the chest.
Agents and athletes leak stuff for obvious reasons.

Veach said himself that they were trying to gauge which other teams were the most interested in Mahomes when they drafted him.
[Reply]
tyton75 08:05 AM 02-27-2020
If they guy hurts his knee getting into bed...I think I'd be looking elsewhere
[Reply]
Mecca 08:06 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
I personally would like Jonathan Taylor
Wisconsin RB's scare me because they've generally been abused in college.
[Reply]
Danguardace 08:24 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wisconsin RB's scare me because they've generally been abused in college.
For sure 300 touches per year for 3 years in college, but the Chiefs wouldn't need him to be high volume. I just think they need a guy like him who could be a 3 down back. Williams is going to need to get paid soon and seeing as Chiefs have already gotten the best out him on the cheap cant see them doing it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 AM 02-27-2020
Why spend a 1st rounder on a RB. We have Williams for at least another year. Our defense needs help everywhere but safety. The O-line needs help.

Seems to me to be a luxury item. We can get a RB next year when Williams wants to get paid.

But, considering his history, whatever Veach does, is more likely to be the right pick. We are in a way better place than those King Carl/Pioli days.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:57 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why spend a 1st rounder on a RB. We have Williams for at least another year. Our defense needs help everywhere but safety. The O-line needs help.

Seems to me to be a luxury item. We can get a RB next year when Williams wants to get paid.

But, considering his history, whatever Veach does, is more likely to be the right pick. We are in a way better place than those King Carl/Pioli days.
It's mainly because when we had injuries our inability to run the ball exposed Mahomes to injury.

Being last in the league in rushing is generally not a way to win titles.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:36 AM 02-27-2020
That spin move reminds me more of Charles than Hunt.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:49 AM 02-27-2020
It's mainly because when we had injuries our inability to run the ball exposed Mahomes to injury.
I can say the same thing about our interior O-line.
Being last in the league in rushing is generally not a way to win titles.
Its a new era. We did okay last year with a sub-par running game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:53 AM 02-27-2020
Spending a 1st on a RB is just stupid as hell. When you consider the talent that we've gotten later in the draft at that position it makes the thought of wasting a 1st on a RB sound retarded.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 10:07 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I can say the same thing about our interior O-line.
Its a new era. We did okay last year with a sub-par running game.
yes we did, but I had to survive several heart attacks in the process!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up