ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBA is heading to the players for a vote
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:10 AM 02-26-2020

The NFLPA Board of Player Representatives voted to send the proposed collective bargaining agreement to the membership for a vote. #NFLPA #CBA

— George Atallah (@GeorgeAtallah) February 26, 2020

CBA goes out to players for a vote at 9 am ET. Voting window will stay open 7 days, per source.

— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) March 5, 2020

An update on our CBA vote: pic.twitter.com/d8P5KoFYP6

— NFLPA (@NFLPA) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 01:43 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Pittsburgh Steelers Center, Maurkice Pouncey says no...

I wonder what part of the deal he does not like? More money, more benefits? Do they actually have the CBA now so they can read through it?

💯 pic.twitter.com/E3UITUrYXS

— Erica Danielle (@CoachE15) February 26, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 01:44 PM 02-26-2020

The @NBA & @MLB are doing it right.
Players come first.

ALL @NFL players deserve the same.

WE should not rush the next 10 YEARS for Today’s satisfaction.

I VOTE NO.

— Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) February 26, 2020

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:19 PM 02-26-2020
Wow, they are really pissed off about this. I wish one of them would actually say what the problem is, instead of just saying this is a shit deal...Is it just the revenue sharing?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:23 PM 02-26-2020
I love all the high dollar players coming out and dogging the NFLPA. Yet they don’t wanna be part of the NFLPA executive committee to negotiation the deal with owners. ( God forbid they give a little of their time)
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:30 PM 02-26-2020

"Lifetime health care" sounds great but is impractical in the case of NFL players for myriad reasons. I wrote about that in this CBA piece last July: https://t.co/DRlmHCzhRY https://t.co/hzUIbgGVhA

— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) February 26, 2020

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:34 PM 02-26-2020
In a weird way, the Coronavirus may actually be a factor in helping to create a sense of urgency to get a new CBA done so the the NFL can jump into the TV/media negotiations.

From The Athletic...

Originally Posted by :
An underlying theme of the NFL’s push to get an early renewal of the collective bargaining agreement is to strike while the economy is hot and a surfeit of media companies — traditional and streamers — are clamoring for more NFL games.

Then came Monday’s 1,031-point drop in the Dow Jones Industrial Average as fears about the coronavirus upending the global economy spooked the markets. The equity swoon comes as the NFLPA’s leadership meets with key NFL owners Tuesday in a high-stakes faceoff, apparently to seek added concessions in management’s proposal with a deadline looming. Owners are sure to use Monday’s market swoon as exhibit A in the dangers of waiting longer or giving more.

Already, top NFL officials, a key source said, have been nervously watching the market plunge of Viacom since it merged with AFC broadcaster CBS, dropping from about $30 billion market capitalization on the Dec. 4 merger of the two companies to less than $20 billion. CBS is expected to be a key bidder in a projected game of musical chairs for NFL TV rights that the league wants to turn to as soon as labor peace is secured. But remove CBS, and the bidding may not be as frothy. On the day of the merger, ViacomCBS’ stock price was $40.77. On Monday, it closed at $26.93, a 34 percent drop.

[Reply]
ghak99 02:40 PM 02-26-2020
I assume they voted for the list of players who represent them. After seeing that list of player reps, except for a few, all I can do it laugh at some of these rants.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:45 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Wow, they are really pissed off about this. I wish one of them would actually say what the problem is, instead of just saying this is a shit deal...Is it just the revenue sharing?
heard on NFL live that 60% of the Players association members make the league minimum. Most will be in the league 2-3 years, at best. $100K raise for those players ain’t pocket change. The deal only needs a simple majority. It’s going to pass.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:47 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Why do other sports have it?

The NFL wants to be cheap and players are short sighted and let it happen, that's the sum of it. Anyone who can realistically say players the NFL uses to make billions on can't have healthcare because it's to complicated is a league shill.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:51 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

The NFL wants to be cheap and players are short sighted and let it happen, that's the sum of it. Anyone who can realistically say players the NFL uses to make billions on can't have healthcare because it's to complicated is a league shill.
Did you not read the article? Worker’s compensation is a huge issue.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:55 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Did you not read the article? Worker’s compensation is a huge issue.
Yea it's called the players care more about the money, fuck the dudes that came before them and yea it won't happen to me etc etc. The owners know this so it's never taken care of.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:03 PM 02-26-2020

well there's about 200 players in the nba every year and 2000 in the nfl...

the nba has about 8 billion in revenue a year and the nfl has about 8.1 billion in revenue a year.

if you cant figure it out i dont know what to tell you.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:05 PM 02-26-2020
Yea it's called the players care more about the money, fuck the dudes that came before them and yea it won't happen to me etc etc. The owners know this so it's never taken care of.
or , you know, these guys that are making at least 100k a year could just pay for insurance like everyone else...
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:07 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Just find it odd for them to say no to a vote just a few days ago and then decide to change their mind if there is nothing new in it. This will pass and there is no doubt in my mind about that.
Putting aside the specifics and intricacies of the deal, seems to me anyone with an existing deal and/or on the tail end of their careers probably is a no vote. Younger players about to go into FA should sign up now.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:14 PM 02-26-2020
A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush

I get that they want more, and don't like the extra game, but we all knew it was coming.

The players also realize that an approved deal will allow the NFL to sign HUGE new TV contracts. Don't fool yourselves, they want that money just as bad as the owners do.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up