ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>CBA is heading to the players for a vote
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:10 AM 02-26-2020

The NFLPA Board of Player Representatives voted to send the proposed collective bargaining agreement to the membership for a vote. #NFLPA #CBA

— George Atallah (@GeorgeAtallah) February 26, 2020

CBA goes out to players for a vote at 9 am ET. Voting window will stay open 7 days, per source.

— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) March 5, 2020

An update on our CBA vote: pic.twitter.com/d8P5KoFYP6

— NFLPA (@NFLPA) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:31 PM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Most places my family has retired from has allowed health coverage thru them.

Bare minimum I think the league should offer lifetime health to anyone played 3,4,5 years. Or career injured.
I don't know of any co. that carries their former employees for life with continued health insurance. You are probably hearing them talk about COBRA going into Medicare with a supplement which is "on them now" once they retire paying the whole premium which is very expensive. COBRA allows the former employee to stay on with that particular health insurance carrier and not be dropped immediately(in case they are uninsurable because of pre-existing conditions).
[Reply]
Sorce 04:40 PM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I don't know, does each player vote, or is it just each team's representative that votes?
Everyone that pays nflpa dues so even some free agents who aren't on a team.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DRM08 04:50 PM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
60% make around the league minimum. 50%+1 passes the new CBA.
Smart move by the owners to give a really nice raise to the bottom feeders of the league. Better benefits for them and so forth. It's a dirt cheap investment by the owners to get the 17th game, extra playoff games, and a bigger TV contract.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:56 AM 03-09-2020

An update on our CBA vote: pic.twitter.com/d8P5KoFYP6

— NFLPA (@NFLPA) March 9, 2020

Lol this is getting old
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:10 AM 03-09-2020
Sounds to me like they aren’t getting the turnout they thought they would.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:29 AM 03-09-2020
All talk no action

Interesting from @TomPelissero: #Packers QB Aaron Rogers, #Texans DL JJ Watt, and #Seahawks QB Russell Wilson were not present for the NFLPA meeting. All three have been vocal about voting against the new CBA… but were not there to state their case.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 11:38 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
All talk no action

Of course not. That was all grandstanding bs. They’re rich either way. What do they care?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:35 PM 03-09-2020
Russell Okung, one of the most outspoken opponents of the proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement, filed an unfair labor practice charge with the National Labor Relations Board on Monday, Ken Belson of the New York Times reports.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-negotiations/
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:17 PM 03-09-2020

I asked my lawyers @meiselasb and @markgeragos to review all 456 pages of the proposed CBA. Attached is their summary. It’s a bigger disaster than we could have imagined pic.twitter.com/sWXJwJw7YA

— Eric Reid (@E_Reid35) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:35 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I bet that you could find a lawyer for the owners that will write up just as compelling of an argument that the agreement is a great deal for the players. Funny thing about lawyers. You pay them to support your opinions. This means nothing. Reid went in there asking them to find problems to persuade others because he is against it.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:00 PM 03-09-2020
Apparently some players have asked to be able to change their votes and were denied.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:16 PM 03-09-2020
The NFLPA is a shitshow.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:21 PM 03-09-2020
Players act like they havr power. They dont and Okung is insane if he thinks he will win. The damn thing gives the 48% revenue. Thats somehow and insult. This is proof that players dont think like regular people.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:22 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The NFLPA is a shitshow.
No the players are out of their league in these sorts of negotiations imo.

They need to do what the owners do, hire a professional to handle their affairs. There is a reason Roger makes 40m a year. Players vote in some dude and think they can get what they want. Never going to happen. If they didn’t want to play 17 games every star player should have been saying so all fucking year.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:27 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I bet that you could find a lawyer for the owners that will write up just as compelling of an argument that the agreement is a great deal for the players. Funny thing about lawyers. You pay them to support your opinions. This means nothing. Reid went in there asking them to find problems to persuade others because he is against it.
Maybe so, but I think his lawyers make a valid point about the 10-year situation. Owners want to lock stuff down, knowing that the TV money is going to explode during the next 10 years. That's probably not a great deal for the players. I think the players should be pushing to knock this down to a 5-6 year deal.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Up