ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 45
« First < 344041424344 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
Mecca 12:20 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
So how does clark’s deal compare with cox’s deal? Interested in who your favorite picks are?
Clark makes a shit ton of money lol, in a lot of ways we gave him Chris Jones money. 5-105 with 63 guaranteed.

Jones probably thinks he should get more than that because he wasn't brought in from the outside.

Now for the guys I like, I love Willie Gay, I think that dude has all pro written all over him, he runs and sheds and makes plays all over the place if you buy in that he won't be an NFL issue.

Even with the blah 40 time I think Cam Dantzler is an NFL starter, he plays far faster than that time, and he looked like shit coming off the blocks so I think he just didn't run it right. But if that time can drop him and we can nab him in say round 3, I'd be thrilled.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There are some people that think other than QB you shouldn't give out 2nd contracts to anyone because they're at best a 50/50 gamble and a 3rd contract is more like 20%.
Those people are stupid.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:28 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Those people are stupid.
I don't agree with it for the most part but lots of things factor in.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:35 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I sure as hell hope not because the Chiefs would need to use both those picks in an attempt replace him.

I think you've all gone mad regarding Chris Jones.
Retaining HoboSpirit after 2016 was wildly popular round these parts.

CP is getting savvier.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:36 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So don’t pay for defensive players....got it.
No, don't make one defensive player top 5 paid in his position when you already have two other defensive players paid like that especially when the strength of your team is the offense.

Jones served his purpose and we won a SB but we don't need him to win another. I'd rather build with the draft than give Jones more than 100m

Originally Posted by staylor26:
Those people are stupid.

You are delightful to debate with.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:41 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
No, don't make one defensive player top 5 paid in his position when you already have two other defensive players paid like that especially when the strength of your team is the offense.

Jones served his purpose and we won a SB but we don't need him to win another. I'd rather build with the draft than give Jones more than 100m

You are delightful to debate with.
What is there to debate?

Not signing any players other than QB’s to second contracts is a stupid philosophy. Is it not?

I guess we should’ve let Tyreek walk too. Oh and we definitely shouldn’t have traded for or signed Tyrann/Clark!

It’s fucking stupid. What else needs to be said?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:42 PM 03-03-2020

So we don’t pay Jones. What do you do with Ward?
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:44 PM 03-03-2020
I'd pay Jones if his contract demands weren't asinine. If we trade him it's obviously because what he wants is more than we can afford.

Ward will be wildly more affordable.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:45 PM 03-03-2020
I'd pay Jones if his contract demands weren't asinine. If we trade him it's obviously because what he wants is more than we can afford.

You don’t know that.

Will he be less than Jones? Yeah. But you don’t know where he’ll end up on the CB market scale.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 03-03-2020

Well judging by your reply to my post you agree with the philosophy of not signing guys to second contracts other than QB’s.

Which is it?
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:50 PM 03-03-2020
It doesn't have to be one or the other. There is a lot of room between not overpaying a defensive player and not giving anyone a second contract.

My opinion is Chris Jones won't agree to a contract that works for the Chiefs so if he gets traded I won't be mad. But if he DOES agree to a contract that makes sense I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Anyone saying a blanket statement that keeping him is stupid or trading him is stupid is ignoring a lot of the details
[Reply]
bowener 12:53 PM 03-03-2020
I'm a moron so excuse my terrible take, but I think you pay Jones whatever he is worth.

If we don't have Jones then we need major upgrades at both CBs, obviously LBs, and DE opposite Clark, and DT. Having Jones on the field in passing situations is a huge help to the secondary and LBs in coverage. Without his pressure up the middle QBs will be able to step up and out of Clark's reach and coverage will quickly break down.

What is the cost of upgrading at least 3 positions on the defense as well as replacing half of Jones' production? I am betting it is more than $23 million a season and none of this is taking into account his connection to teammates. Those positions still need upgrades, but you won't require an all-pro corner, and our DE situation is serviceable with Speaks coming back in a depth role (unless he somehow steps up and grabs the starting spot opposite Clark). I hope the Chiefs are able to draft a starting LB and DB in the first three rounds, but I imagine we'll only get one of those.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:53 PM 03-03-2020
It doesn't have to be one or the other. There is a lot of room between not overpaying a defensive player and not giving anyone a second contract.

My opinion is Chris Jones won't agree to a contract that works for the Chiefs so if he gets traded I won't be mad. But if he DOES agree to a contract that makes sense I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Anyone saying a blanket statement that keeping him is stupid or trading him is stupid is ignoring a lot of the details
Literally nobody said that.

I said not signing anybody other than a QB to a second contract is a stupid philosophy. Read before you argue.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:00 PM 03-03-2020
Nate Taylor brought up on Times Ours that the Chiefs want to keep Watkins and that what may happen is that another year gets added onto his deal to lower his cap hit this year, keep him on to make another championship run and then cut him next offseason after the new CBA so he can get one more big contract in FA.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:10 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Nate Taylor brought up on Times Ours that the Chiefs want to keep Watkins and that what may happen is that another year gets added onto his deal to lower his cap hit this year, keep him on to make another championship run and then cut him next offseason after the new CBA so he can get one more big contract in FA.
I can’t even imagine that.

Kelce
Hill
Watkins
Hardman
Draft Chase Claypool
D. Williams
Draft Anthony McFarland

I can’t even imagine that shit. My balls would be empty for the entire year :-)
[Reply]
Page 44 of 45
« First < 344041424344 45 >
Up