ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 45
« First < 333940414243 4445 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:41 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Willie Gay Jr is a dark horse for our pick, we don't shy away from off the field issues and the dude is a supreme talent.
His "off the field" issues involve cheating at school and don't bother me in the slightest. Who cares? He's not gangbanging or choking his coach. If he fell to the Chiefs I'd be ecstatic to get him.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:34 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
So, because the Chiefs failed to draft a quarterback for so many years, we shouldn't enjoy the advantages finally having one gives us now? Were you really so beaten down by this franchise you stopped being disappointed by our failure to draft a quarterback?

Just remind yourself, it's okay. We have the best quarterback in football and won the Superbowl. You don't have to wallow in the hopelessness of the past anymore.
You were only referring to the single advantage. That "advantage" was already being enjoyed by knowing that was not a position that we were going to draft. That has not changed with our current situation of having the best QB in the league.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:27 PM 03-02-2020
Yeah, Gladney, Claypool, Akers seems pretty awesome.

If they trade Jones, I expect to make it even more sploog-y.

I’d love to pair a speedy WLB like Gay or Davis-Gaither with that trio.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:49 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, Gladney, Claypool, Akers seems pretty awesome.

If they trade Jones, I expect to make it even more sploog-y.

I’d love to pair a speedy WLB like Gay or Davis-Gaither with that trio.
I’d have to think Veach is itching to trade Jones, if he can get a proper haul. 1st and 3rd this season? Yeah, he’s doing that.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:39 PM 03-02-2020
I've got a funny feeling about Antonio Gibson tbh. I just can't believe Andy wouldn't want guy like that who has tons of potential and could be a mismatch weapon made for the ages. He's an ever improving Running-back who can take it to the house at any moment...and he's also an experienced WR who knows the route tree and could be a nightmare in the slot!!..I honestly think he might be our RB In the third or fourth round IF Veach and co aren't fully convinced about Dobbins, Mcfarland, Moss and Clyde-Edwards.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:22 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I’d have to think Veach is itching to trade Jones, if he can get a proper haul. 1st and 3rd this season? Yeah, he’s doing that.
I sure as hell hope not because the Chiefs would need to use both those picks in an attempt replace him.

I think you've all gone mad regarding Chris Jones.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:24 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Matt Miller’s 3 round mock is sploogetastic

Gladney, Claypool, and Akers.
:-) Yes, please!

Matt Miller is my new spirit animal.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:10 AM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I sure as hell hope not because the Chiefs would need to use both those picks in an attempt replace him.

I think you've all gone mad regarding Chris Jones.
You'd be mad to give him Aaron Donald money when you have to pay Mahomes and suddenly need to replace a lot of other players. It's not like you can slap a franchise tag on Jones and expect him to play, I highly doubt he would. You also will never get as much return for him as you will right now.
[Reply]
Matrix 11:35 AM 03-03-2020
This is further proof of how shitty Barry Odom was as an on field tactician.

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/stat...43637045727233
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
You'd be mad to give him Aaron Donald money when you have to pay Mahomes and suddenly need to replace a lot of other players. It's not like you can slap a franchise tag on Jones and expect him to play, I highly doubt he would. You also will never get as much return for him as you will right now.
I'm 50/50 on it, if he wants to be paid what Donald is you can't do that.If he is willing to come in at Fletcher Cox type rates with the cap inflation then I can handle that. If you break that down with the % and what Cox got that would mean Jones would get a deal that is something like 6 for 110-120 with 60-70 guaranteed, if he wants more than that you have to move on.

What is also interesting this year is 2 of my favorite prospects are from Mississippi state.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:58 AM 03-03-2020
I'd love it if you could make the contract work but if you have to lose someone like Schwartz no way.

Also we did this with the Justin Houston contract and he immediately got hurt. These huge contracts for defensive players are a bad idea in general in my opinion.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:59 AM 03-03-2020
I'd love it if you could make the contract work but if you have to lose someone like Schwartz no way.

Also we did this with the Justin Houston contract and he immediately got hurt. These huge contracts for defensive players are a bad idea in general in my opinion.
In a lot of ways we gave his money to Frank Clark...we got a SB and we needed his attitude so I won't say it wasn't worth it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:01 PM 03-03-2020

So don’t pay for defensive players....got it.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:04 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So don’t pay for defensive players....got it.
There are some people that think other than QB you shouldn't give out 2nd contracts to anyone because they're at best a 50/50 gamble and a 3rd contract is more like 20%.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:16 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm 50/50 on it, if he wants to be paid what Donald is you can't do that.If he is willing to come in at Fletcher Cox type rates with the cap inflation then I can handle that. If you break that down with the % and what Cox got that would mean Jones would get a deal that is something like 6 for 110-120 with 60-70 guaranteed, if he wants more than that you have to move on.

What is also interesting this year is 2 of my favorite prospects are from Mississippi state.
So how does clark’s deal compare with cox’s deal? Interested in who your favorite picks are?
[Reply]
Page 43 of 45
« First < 333940414243 4445 >
Up