ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 45
« First < 313738394041 42434445 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:57 PM 03-01-2020

[Reply]
TribalElder 04:57 PM 03-01-2020
antoine winfield jr

something about that db. Not familiar with his college career, Minnesota evidentally
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:19 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
antoine winfield jr

something about that db. Not familiar with his college career, Minnesota evidentally
He is number 61. NFL network has coverage right now, this guy is crisp on his cuts. I get it, it's the combine so whatever. His dad was a probowl corner

the way he backpedals reminds me of honey badger for some reason
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:25 PM 03-01-2020
https://youtu.be/nPjchxUuo6A
[Reply]
O.city 05:27 PM 03-01-2020
I like the CB from Florida. Doubt there's any way he's available when we have a chance to pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:55 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I like the CB from Florida. Doubt there's any way he's available when we have a chance to pick.
Oh he’s for sure going to be the second corner off the board.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:18 PM 03-01-2020
Looked up Kyle Murphy OL from Rhode Island. We’re met with him.

He seems to be exactly what Andy looks for. Really good zone blocker who is thicker with long arms and can play everywhere but LT.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:50 PM 03-01-2020
I did expect a 4.2 out of Javelon Guidry, but....4.30 and 4.30 will work.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:39 PM 03-01-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...wp2?li=BBnbfcL

Winner: Teams that need something besides an OT/QB

Building off of a previous point for a moment. If you look at the fact that this draft includes four top-fight offensive tackles, with more trying to burst into that tier, and couple that with the annual “Rise of the Quarterbacks,” some teams that have needs outside of those two positions are going to see some elite talent fall into their laps later in the first round.

Consider the current NFL draft order and the quarterback position. Among the teams picking in the first 15 slots there are at least seven organizations to keep in mind: Cincinnati, Miami, Los Angeles, Carolina, Las Vegas, Indianapolis and Tampa Bay that are in the mix for a quarterback. Every year a few wildcards join the fray, and teams like Detroit and Washington could surprise us all and dive into the QB pool. Heck, even Joe Judge and Dave Gettleman opened the door to selecting a quarterback back on Tuesday when they would not even mention Daniel Jones by name. (I for one would not read much into that, but stranger things have happened).

Moving now to the offensive line, there are a number of teams picking in the top 15 that could address tackle: New York (both the Giants and the Jets), Cleveland, Carolina (if they forgo quarterback), Tampa Bay, Los Angeles and Arizona.

Suppose, for a moment, that all four offensive tackles and four or even five quarterbacks come off the board in the top 15. Those teams picking in the bottom of the first round are going to see premium players fall to them. Not a bad place to be.
[Reply]
Jamie 10:55 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
the annual “Rise of the Quarterbacks,”
I haven't seen a mock with less than 4 QBs going in the first, and most of them have 5. Not needing a QB fucking rules.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:55 AM 03-02-2020
I was looking at some highlights of Justin Jefferson, the wideout from LSU and that kid is a stud. He would be perfect in our offense.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:46 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
I did expect a 4.2 out of Javelon Guidry, but....4.30 and 4.30 will work.
I think they officially put him at 4.29
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:57 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I think they officially put him at 4.29
Yep...

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Former Utah Utes nickelback Javelin Guidry ran the fastest time in the 40-yard dash among the defensive backs at the NFL Scouting Combine. It was also the second fastest time in the entire NFL Combine.

Related Links
Utah DB Javelin Guidry To Forgo Senior Season, Enter NFL Draft
Former Utah DE Bradlee Anae Puts Up Impressive Numbers In NFL Scouting Combine
Guidry ran a 4.30 40-yard dash on both of his attempts. His official time is 4.29. The NFL record for the fastest 40 was Washington Huskies wide receiver John Ross ran a 4.22 in 2017. He is now playing for the Cincinnati Bengals. Only Alabama wide receiver Henry Ruggs ran a faster time at 4.27 in 2020.

[Reply]
RunKC 09:37 AM 03-02-2020
Trade down Veach. Multiple times. Get as many picks as you can.

Originally Posted by :
2. The 2020 draft appears to feature the deepest class in a long time. It feels like we say this about a draft every few years, but it’s hard to argue with the assessment this time around. More than 20 defensive backs ran sub-4.5 40s. A loaded receiver class performed even better than expected in terms of measurables and on-field workouts, with Alabama’s Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs III stealing the show. Do-it-all Clemson defender Isaiah Simmons ran a ridiculous 4.39 40 at 238 (!) pounds. And Louisville tackle Mekhi Becton clocked a 5.1 40 at 364 pounds earlier in the weekend—the fastest time for a player weighing more than 350 pounds since 2003.

Becton expected to put up more than the 23 reps he managed on the bench press, but a source told me he was forced to complete the drill without warming up after a couple of other players declined to participate. Forcing these prospects to do a vertical jump at 10 p.m. after being poked and prodded all day seems ridiculous, but the combine’s recent scheduling change didn’t appear to have a negative effect on the actual numbers. This is a loaded, athletic class that should produce some real steals in the middle rounds.
https://www.theringer.com/platform/a...mpression=true
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:51 AM 03-02-2020
Bench press for OL is a contradiction. Short arms significantly assist in high bench reps and are a big red flag for OL.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 45
« First < 313738394041 42434445 >
Up