ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 151
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 12:26 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Picking Houston also blocks Baylor from getting Houston. If Baylor is the number 2 team in the nation, you might as well make it harder on them.
Honestly, I doubt Self would do that to Drew.

Self plays to win, but he's not Belicheat level asshole.

He seems to have a good relationship with all the coaches in the league.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:42 PM 02-28-2020
Self is going to send Baylor to the midwest. If he doesn't he is 1: a fool and 2: not doing what the damn system was set up for him to do.
[Reply]
Sorce 01:34 PM 02-28-2020
Go to the city that is the least infected by the Coronavirus.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:35 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I believe Drew is one of the coaches that most coaches don't like.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:02 PM 02-28-2020

I agree. That doesn't sound like a Self thing to do.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:12 PM 02-28-2020
It's not about doing what's worst for Baylor, it's what's best for us.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:56 PM 02-28-2020

I don't understand how that would be cheating.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:26 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't understand how that would be cheating.
It's absolutely not cheating. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's just a total asshole move where he's worried about other teams losing as he is winning.

It's a douche move that Belicheat would do.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:40 PM 02-28-2020
I don't see it as a douche move, just strategy. I mean I also see it from the point of view that picking Indy would be a good move considering football stadiums can sometimes hinder good shooting teams, and since we don't really rely on the 3 anyway, it wouldn't hurt us as much as it might other teams. I'll trust whatever Self and his staff decide to do.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:47 PM 02-28-2020
Of course I'm also getting way ahead of myself. We might not even end up as the #1 overall.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:01 PM 02-28-2020
I could be wrong, but I don't see taking Houston away from Baylor for not a ton of gain as something Self would do.

Self is going to believe that he can win anywhere.

But I could be all the way wrong on that too.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 10:15 PM 02-28-2020
I could be wrong, but I don't see taking Houston away from Baylor for not a ton of gain as something Self would do.

Self is going to believe that he can win anywhere.

But I could be all the way wrong on that too.
I mean this is an objectively terrible argument. And I say this as a KU fan living in Indianapolis and wants to see us play. We are almost certainly going to be matched up to one or more of Dayton, UK, or Louisville, if not MSU. All of them have a much closer fan base. Assuming all arenas have bad sightlines, I'd much rather play in a place where we have the most fans. There is basically no chance we are out numbered in Houston, and several timelines where we are outnumbered in Indy. We can win anywhere or lose anywhere of course. We all saw us lose in KC against Oregon. But it's an upside downside game. Downside of Houston? Not much, if anything. Indy? We play the elite 8 in front of a huge crowd cheering against us. It's a no brainier.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:18 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I mean this is an objectively terrible argument. And I say this as a KU fan living in Indianapolis and wants to see us play. We are almost certainly going to be matched up to one or more of Dayton, UK, or Louisville, if not MSU. All of them have a much closer fan base. Assuming all arenas have bad sightlines, I'd much rather play in a place where we have the most fans. There is basically no chance we are out numbered in Houston, and several timelines where we are outnumbered in Indy. We can win anywhere or lose anywhere of course. We all saw us lose in KC against Oregon. But it's an upside downside game. Downside of Houston? Not much, if anything. Indy? We play the elite 8 in front of a huge crowd cheering against us. It's a no brainier.
Yeah, we have no clue who is going to be in what bracket and KU won't either.

Like I said, I could be wrong. Just don't think Self would take Houston away from Baylor for the sake of doing it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:24 PM 02-28-2020
It's fucking stupid to think Self would think about Baylor before his own team.

FFS, up by 3 with 7 seconds left, the guy will play defense 10 out of 10 times over fouling... and you think he'd opt to avoid competition against one particular team 6 rounds into a crapshoot tournament than do what's best for his team over the course of multiple rounds?

Some people should keep their thinking inside the box.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:26 PM 02-28-2020
I don’t think they’d make any decision based on hindering an inferior Baylor team that we have no reason to be afraid of. It’s going to come down to what they think is the best spot for this team.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 151
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117 > Last »
Up