ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 151
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 12:01 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
There's little to say after that blowout, but Jankovitch could be the worst walk-on we've ever had. Fumbled 2 balls there on passes right to him and the team went like -11 in 2.5 minutes. :-)
Really bad opinion. Jank is actually one of the better shooters on the team and has some size. Hes actually one of our better walk ons we've had at least of recent years when we had Self, Manning, and Christian Garrett. Manning at least learned to handle the ball some but those guys might not have even been NAIA players.

Jank could have played D2 or a reserve at some bad mid majors.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:04 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Really bad opinion. Jank is actually one of the better shooters on the team and has some size. Hes actually one of our better walk ons we've had at least of recent years when we had Self, Manning, and Christian Garrett. Manning at least learned to handle the ball some but those guys might not have even been NAIA players.

Jank could have played D2 or a reserve at some bad mid majors.
lol he's not a scholarship player at a mid major, that's insane :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:44 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Baylor is good. I’m betting they’d be top 10 in the Big10. Other Baylor teams were soft. Even ones with more talent. But this team is different than those teams.

Both Baylor and KU have played some garbage teams, but they’re good man. Sure, Doke made Baylor look silly but they took their best defender and said you got him and got burned Gillespie is a hell of a defender. Doke is just on a different level right now.

Doesn’t mean they’d get housed like that in the Big.
I'm not arguing they aren't good but they do struggle at times to score and have gotten away with it playing teams like Texas, K-State, etc. Do that in the B1G against sans 4 teams they def have more losses.

My bigger point is with my thinking was while they are good at defense KU is the best in the nation and with Baylor struggling on offense at times KU has the talent to overcome their defense thus setting up for a potential blowout.

Regardless I was wrong in my assumption whatever. I think KU goes all the way, I see Baylor not even making the Elite 8.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:25 AM 02-25-2020
lol he's not a scholarship player at a mid major, that's insane :-)
He actually had an offer from D1 program Utah State for a scholarship.

He avg 14 ppg as a junior at Dallas Jesuit who went 30-6. Then he transferred to Northfield Mount Hermon, which is a well known basketball prep school and he drained 50 three pointers his senior year there. In 2019 they beat renowned Brewster Academy in the 2019 NEPSAC AAA Championship game where Jank hit four three pointers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 AM 02-25-2020
I cant believe the conversation in here over a walk on, mop up player. Who gives a ****? They are not going to see the floor except for a blowout. We have the best team in college basketball. A team that should play well in the NCAA tournament. We should be the favorites to win it all.

We are seeing Doke reach his full potential. Dotson is rolling. Two of the best players in all of college basketball on the same team. Our team. Garrett, if he is not the best defender, is a top defender in the game. We are going to win another championship this year. Its the salad days right now.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:00 AM 02-25-2020
Dotson wants a 3. He got a three.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:11 AM 02-25-2020
Best part of the game was Doke's free throws last night. Can really see all the work he's put in.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:32 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He actually had an offer from D1 program Utah State for a scholarship.
If there's actual proof of that somewhere, I'll totally concede. My initial statement (about him being the worst of all time) was obviously entirely exaggerative anyway. Didn't know we had his biggest fan here though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:34 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Best part of the game was Doke's free throws last night. Can really see all the work he's put in.
Apparently he hits FTs like that in practice all the time. And yesterday's game essentially was practice. I think it's just the pressure that gets to him, he overthinks it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:40 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
I think there might be some luck he’s getting there.

Did you see the one he missed?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:46 AM 02-25-2020
If there's actual proof of that somewhere, I'll totally concede. My initial statement (about him being the worst of all time) was obviously entirely exaggerative anyway. Didn't know we had his biggest fan here though.
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...230859364.html

Here is an article that said he "heard" from Utah State, Texas State, Brown, Dartmouth and others.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/20...-on-at-kansas/

Here is an article confirming he received an offer from D1 Utah State, per 247 sports recruiting.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:19 AM 02-25-2020
We must be having a great season, if we’re actually debating which walk ons are the best
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:24 PM 02-25-2020
Didn't Jank dribble off his own leg and turn it over last night?

If so lmao
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:59 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
IWe are going to win another championship this year. Its the salad days right now.

Do we even WANT another title? I mean jeez isnt anyone getting tired of all the titles, the parades, the glory? Seems kinda selfish that we hog everything in sports lately.

Plus the cost of memorabilia and gear. Rising ticket prices. Rising fan arrogance. Endless bandwagon fans hopping on our shoulders across the country. Living in TitleTown isn’t cheap financially or psychologically.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:11 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Do we even WANT another title? I mean jeez isnt anyone getting tired of all the titles, the parades, the glory? Seems kinda selfish that we hog everything in sports lately.

Plus the cost of memorabilia and gear. Rising ticket prices. Rising fan arrogance. Endless bandwagon fans hopping on our shoulders across the country. Living in TitleTown isn’t cheap financially or psychologically.
I was just thinking about this the other day. You have to consider the 9 Super Bowls the Chiefs are about to win as will. Victory is imminent.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 151
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Up