ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 999 of 2683
« First < 499899949989995996997998999 100010011002100310091049109914991999 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:24 PM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So actually it's going to be interesting...Tyreek and Mahomes are both going to command max contracts.

Can we afford both?

I guess if the Falcons can afford Ryan and Jones we oughta.
Yes, we should.

We can get out of Houston's contract if we absolutely had to next year. If we wait until 2020....then we can clear $17 million in cap space by cutting him. Berry will be gone by 2021....right about the time that Mahomes is due for his contract.
[Reply]
Best22 02:24 PM 09-17-2018
Mahomes
Maholmes
Mahommes
Mohames

:-)
[Reply]
penchief 02:32 PM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Same.. as I watched a 21 point leade evaporate.. I knew this time was going to be different. Not the same.old song and dance.
The days of bringing a knife to a gun fight are over.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:32 PM 09-17-2018
So actually it's going to be interesting...Tyreek and Mahomes are both going to command max contracts.

Can we afford both?

I don't care what that dipshit Gruden says - a modern NFL cap can squeeze in 2 'top of the scale' players.

It's harder to do when one of them is the QB, but it's not impossible.

Realistically you're looking at a 'market' Mahomes making about 15% of your cap (remembering that you can extend him after year 3 in a way that leverages a supressed year 4 and slightly under market year 5 into a deal that is a percentage point or two lower over the life of a 6 year extension). Hill probably takes up a tick under 10% (with the same 'early re-signing' caveat). Realistically you're looking at those 2 guys sucking up 1/4 of your cap.

That's roughly the cost of Houston, Berry, Bailey and Sorenson. And yeah, that's gonna sting. It means you really can't misfire elsewhere in who you decide to sign to big money deals.

But it's not impossible. It's really not even that difficult. It costs you Watkins and it probably costs you Hunt. It means you have to develop your pass-rushers and it means you can probably keep Jones OR Fuller long-term but perhaps not both.

But who gives a shit? You don't let Manning to Marvin walk out the door.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:32 PM 09-17-2018

Can we afford both?

Rodgers is making $20.9 million this year and they have 6 other players making $9.8 million or more.

Add Cobb’s $12.1 million to Rodgers salary to make it a realistic $33 million and there’s 5 other sub $10 million guys.

2019 draft will be very important for us. Those 3 picks in first 2 rds will need to be hits.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:38 PM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Can you afford both and have a good defense? Only way that happens is with great evaluation of defensive talent in the next few drafts and get a huge chunk of a good defensive unit on cheap rookie contracts.
Not if you don't draft it, no. And we don't appear capable of drafting it.

But in this NFL landscape if your choice is 'keep the best young QB in football and the player with 4 years of chemistry with him and a skill set uniquely tailored to his strengths' or 'let one/both walk and focus on building a defense during a high-offense era...'

You take the former every time. If you offered the Jags Mahomes for Ramsey, they'd take that deal without blinking, IMO. And they'd be smart to do it. If you offered Mahomes and Hill in a package deal there's literally not a single 2 player package in football you couldn't get, IMO.

Those 2 are built for what the NFL is trying to push right now. They're the perfect cornerstones for the next decade of Chiefs football. You move heaven and earth to keep them.

The moment this season is over and Hill is extension eligible, Veach pretty much has to sit on his doorstep with a pen and a contract until he finally signs for 5 years. Rinse/Repeat when Mahomes finishes his 3rd year. Make the rest of it work by hook or by crook.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:49 PM 09-17-2018
golden age of shitmemes

[Reply]
Inspector 02:52 PM 09-17-2018
I've watched this team since they moved here from Dallas and have waited for the drafted QBOTF for all those years.

We've had a few good ones, not drafted but traded for, (Montana, Dawson, etc..) but nobody, and I mean NOBODY has ever brought this kind of excitement to this team. Not to mention the weapons he has available.

Farve, Manning, Brady......WHO??? I think our guy will blow the records from any of these guys out of the water.

Get ready for some fun years (finally). Beef up the defense, keep Mahomes healthy and we WILL be seeing another Lombardi hoisted by the red, white and gold again!!

The bad news: I'm just about too damn old to get this excited. Better go check the blood pressure.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:54 PM 09-17-2018
golden age of shitmemes

Should've had Sausage on the thumb.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:44 PM 09-17-2018
Veach needs to load the fuck up on defense next offseason. Almost the entire offense is coming back, although Morse currently isn’t. He’s been great so far (#3 center via PFF). I bet we try to keep him, he communicates well too.

2019 should see our window wide open, but I don’t want to see Veach put all his eggs in that basket because injuries can change a whole season.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:46 PM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Should've had Sausage on the thumb.
Butker
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:48 PM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Veach needs to load the fuck up on defense next offseason. Almost the entire offense is coming back, although Morse currently isn’t. He’s been great so far (#3 center via PFF). I bet we try to keep him, he communicates well too.

2019 should see our window wide open, but I don’t want to see Veach put all his eggs in that basket because injuries can change a whole season.
The problem is they loaded up on defense this offseason. They can't draft all defense two years in a row or they're going to end up with holes on offense somewhere. Some of the guys from this year have to produce, and soon.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:51 PM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Butker
Are you doubting the ability of Patrick Mahomes to get TDs and insinuating that we will be settling for FGs? I'll pray that you don't get erased.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:54 PM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem is they loaded up on defense this offseason. They can't draft all defense two years in a row or they're going to end up with holes on offense somewhere. Some of the guys from this year have to produce, and soon.
They used a fair amount of low capital picks on defense, yes.

I also think Nnadi and Watts are likely to become average contributors so that's a worthwhile use.

But the worst thing you can do with someone like Speaks and K-Pass is to double down on failures. If those guys can't get on the field, who cares what their draft status is?

By the end of the season, regardless of where our recent draft capital was spent, the problems will STILL be on the defensive side of the ball and they're going to get worse as Houston will be a cap casualty by the end of 2019 and there just isn't the money available to re-sign Ford. Steven Nelson could be an actual loss from this dogshit defensive backfield and he's due to be a FA. If we're lucky Nnadi emergest to replace Bailey.

The bottom line is that the defense is bad this year and without a concerted effort in next year's draft AND more success at it, the defense will likely be WORSE in 2019. It sucks that 2017 and 2018 put a lot of resources towards it with little impact, but we can't just shrug and move along. The Chiefs have to start hitting on defensive picks so they have to keep shooting their shot.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:56 PM 09-17-2018

[Reply]
Page 999 of 2683
« First < 499899949989995996997998999 100010011002100310091049109914991999 > Last »
Up