ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 904 of 2678
« First < 404804854894900901902903904 905906907908914954100414041904 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Molitoth 02:42 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
He started 6-6 :-)

It should have been 7-7 with a td if it wasn't for that dumb Schwarz pre-snap penalty.

That was a good d on the road too.
People are going into these games with incredibly high expectations.

The history of Chiefs QB's is soooo bad, that some shitty fans have elevated Alex Smith to god status. It's going to take a win in the playoffs to get them over watching boring/predictable offensive football.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:42 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The INT’s are coming & they are coming in bunches. Andy is having buyers remorse.
Andy checked out on the game to coach Mahomes. The first half was awful except for one throw. Chiefs fans are surprised that Mahomes needs a lot of work. Mahomes isn’t as polished as Alex Smith.

Played Peter Schrager of GMFB pronouncing his love for Mahomes.

Saturday is going to be big. No more stupid throws that get INT.

Chad Henne is a better QB.

He’s less excited about this season after the game. Mahomes isn’t a QB that can win. Has a long ways to go.
I'm sure there's a worse take out there, but I haven't seen it. Jesus.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:42 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I was going to make a joke about whole Godzilla-TKO being a "finish him" moment but...

...can't erase the images...
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 08-20-2018
Wait, he really said Henne is a better QB?

:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 02:55 PM 08-20-2018
[Reply]
Rausch 03:02 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wait, he really said Henne is a better QB?

He's learning how to be subtle.

He's not good at it...
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:04 PM 08-20-2018
Since when do people count "almost" interceptions- fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:09 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Since when do people count "almost" interceptions- ****ing stupid.
This should be negated by the "Almost TD" that was called back due to a penalty.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 03:12 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I know this is going against the ultimate tide of CP, but I kind of see where he's coming from (sorta).

Mahomes seems indecisive and hesitant to me. Maybe that's just an experience thing, but it looks like he's just a tick slow on decision making.
Maybe a little yeah. Gotta remember he got the whole offense dumped on him this offseason. Alot to digest. And he's running alot of plays he's never ran before for the first time in game situations. Seems like he's thinking a little too much like most young QBs do. Just needs reps and continuity with the rest of the starters.
[Reply]
O.city 03:20 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Maybe a little yeah. Gotta remember he got the whole offense dumped on him this offseason. Alot to digest. And he's running alot of plays he's never ran before for the first time in game situations. Seems like he's thinking a little too much like most young QBs do. Just needs reps and continuity with the rest of the starters.
I'd think so.

You learn by playing. You can practice as much as you want, until the bullets start flying, it's still practice.

It worked out the way it worked out, but with hindsight playing out like it did, I wish they'd have just traded Smith as soon as they traded up for Mahomes.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:23 PM 08-20-2018
I'd think so.

You learn by playing. You can practice as much as you want, until the bullets start flying, it's still practice.

It worked out the way it worked out, but with hindsight playing out like it did, I wish they'd have just traded Smith as soon as they traded up for Mahomes.
After that week 17 performance vs Denver I think everyone felt that way.

Oh well.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 03:25 PM 08-20-2018
I'd think so.

Yep. Me too. We missed out on an entire season of Mahomes that we'll never get back, and he could be an entire year ahead. 16 games instead of 1 game of experience coming into this season.

All just to see Alex Smith go 9-7 with another home playoff loss. The Mahomes Week 17 game was the highlight of last season for me.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:26 PM 08-20-2018
I think Kevin Kietzman would be most pleased with Dak Prescott. Perfect QB for him. Boring 5 yard passes.
[Reply]
O.city 03:27 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Yep. Me too. We missed out on an entire season of Mahomes that we'll never get back, and he could be an entire year ahead. 16 games instead of 1 game of experience coming into this season.

All just to see Alex Smith go 9-7 with another home playoff loss. The Mahomes Week 17 game was the highlight of last season for me.
Yeah, I'm guessing the year on the bench helped. But in the end, who knows how much?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:28 PM 08-20-2018
I know this is going against the ultimate tide of CP, but I kind of see where he's coming from (sorta).

Mahomes seems indecisive and hesitant to me. Maybe that's just an experience thing, but it looks like he's just a tick slow on decision making.
He occasionally looks young; looks sped up.

I mean lord, what did people expect? He's not going to hit the ground this year as good as he'll ever be. He probably won't be 80% as good as he'll ever be.

There are times you can see that the game looks super fast to him right now and that's with vanilla defenses. Then again, there are also times where he really looks composed and within the flow of the play.

You're gonna get both guys, often time within the same drive. Maybe certain packages are ones he's more comfortable in. Maybe certain looks. Who knows? Who cares? It's the travails of youth and shit happens. All of that is fine.

I won't listen to Keitzman because fuck him - not even gonna give him a click. But there's no question that there are times when Mahomes looks green as hell and that's just the way of it with a young QB. It's completely reasonable and expected with a quarterbacks development.

I sure as shit wish we'd have spent all that Watkins money on another CB though just to give the kid a little more rope on offense. I get the idea of surrounding him with weapons but shit this secondary sucks and I really don't want him falling into bad habits trying to put up 37 points/gm to deal with a secondary that will routinely surrender 30.
[Reply]
Page 904 of 2678
« First < 404804854894900901902903904 905906907908914954100414041904 > Last »
Up