ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 401 of 2678
« First < 301351391397398399400401 4024034044054114515019011401 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Dayze 11:57 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
For Stave getting this opportunity to play a fourth quarter preseason game he must have donated a larger portion to the Make A Wish Foundation or has a kid that made the wish for him. That said his best bet is to showcase what he can do and go back to the practice squad in hopes some team will take a waver on him. Chief won't keep him on the roster he has 0 value other than being a live arm at camp.
THAT'S WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT KURT WARNER WHEN HE WAS IN GREEN BAY'S CAMP!

~
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:59 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
THAT'S WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT KURT WARNER WHEN HE WAS IN GREEN BAY'S CAMP!

~
Then i hope Stave is just as good at bagging groceries....
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01:07 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Pump fake Pat.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...s-is-quite-fun

WOW!!
It's hard not to get excited and have visions of Superbowl appearances when you watch videos like this. It's been a long time since Chiefs fans can remember having a real quarterback that actually has natural talent. Just watching him make the throws in a light practice gives you a glimpse of what might be. For the first time in a generation the Chiefs have hope for the future.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:31 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
It's hard not to get excited and have visions of Superbowl appearances when you watch videos like this. It's been a long time since Chiefs fans can remember having a real quarterback that actually has natural talent. Just watching him make the throws in a light practice gives you a glimpse of what might be. For the first time in a generation the Chiefs have hope for the future.
Non true fans feelings summed up nicely...
[Reply]
JDKinman 01:32 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The time he had in the pocket at Texas Tech wasn't THAT bad. I expect he'll have even less time while playing behind a 3rd string OL.
His freshman and sophomore seasons, we had a better OL. His junior season (and his last), the OL was pathetic. Also didn't have even a glimpse of a running game until the last few games of the season. It was all Mahomes and Receiver, Inc.

However, in the LSU game, the OL was not prepared for the NFL styled defensive line and linebacker play of the SEC and the pocket was constantly collapsing on Mahomes and all he had left was ability and instinct.

JD
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 02:02 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Non true fans feelings summed up nicely...
Take the non off and I'll agree with you.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:26 PM 08-09-2017
I'm leaning on the side that it would do Patrick more good than harm to give him some playing time during the season and watch his progressions. That's not saying start him but give him a series or two and let him build on that or learn from that so he has something going into the offseason to work on.

If he does outstanding then he would earn more time if not then it's still gaining experience to grow from. In todays NFL young guys are catching on a lot quicker than they are given credit.
[Reply]
Otter 02:39 PM 08-09-2017
It's all worth a watch but the Pat Mahomes review starts at about 3:00.

I LOVE this kid!

[Reply]
OldSchool 03:07 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
His freshman and sophomore seasons, we had a better OL. His junior season (and his last), the OL was pathetic. Also didn't have even a glimpse of a running game until the last few games of the season. It was all Mahomes and Receiver, Inc.

However, in the LSU game, the OL was not prepared for the NFL styled defensive line and linebacker play of the SEC and the pocket was constantly collapsing on Mahomes and all he had left was ability and instinct.

JD
Don't think that OL mattered very much playing in that division that he played in. Zero defense.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:09 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
I LOVE this kid!
Speaking to the 'arm grabbing' quality of Mahomes so far, this is what I'm trying to figure out.

I personally am high on Mahomes' future, but am also wary that the things we don't know about him are the things we'll never know until he's tested. There's been tons of slingers with Achilles of all stripes. For some it's pressure. For some, it's disguised coverages. For others it's over-reliance on diagnosable plays.

There's nearly as many forms of Achilles' heels as there are QBs that didn't meet expectations.

The best thing in his favor, and the thing I'm anxious to perpetuate, is that he's not coming onto a team he has to carry. This isn't a P.Manning rebuild, or a Stafford sole bright spot. It isn't even a Culpepper or Cunningham situation where they were great but not great enough to overcome snakebit franchises [though our 'history' might be another matter, I think Reid is changing that narrative].

But what I can't figure is, if Mahomes is as promising as I think he is, what of all the past angst over not snagging inferior talents. Would you rather have a Mariota or Cousins instead of waiting until Mahomes was on the block? Do you think that we would have made the Leviathan effort to snag him if we already had a high profile prospect in his mid-20s on the roster instead of one entering his mid-30s?

I feel there's more potential in Mahomes than anyone since Luck/RGIII, and even those situations have been wildly mishandled to date. That's why I center my concern away from squeeing over the new toy, glossing over the present, and fixating on getting Mahomes on the field. Instead I center my concern towards maintaining team chemistry, including respect for Alex's position and franchise value. I'd rather operate the franchise under the assumption that the present depth chart is making a serious championship run, and introduce Mahomes organically on a team free of the drama of a QB controversy and feelings of disrespect over tanked opportunities. NFL players live with a Sword of Damacles over them where every play could be their last, and they generally have little patience for playing out a string for far off rewards.

It's like the joke about the calf that wants to run down to the meadow and fuck a heifer when the bull advises walking down and fucking them all. I want to compete this year. I want to compete next year, and I eventually want Mahomes to take over on solid, drama free, footing and compete for 15 years or more additional.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:18 PM 08-09-2017
Fair stance ^^^....

I think most would agree. I certainly don't expect controversy in 2017. I think a transition to 2018 should be rather seamless.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:22 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Speaking to the 'arm grabbing' quality of Mahomes so far, this is what I'm trying to figure out.

I personally am high on Mahomes' future, but am also wary that the things we don't know about him are the things we'll never know until he's tested. There's been tons of slingers with Achilles of all stripes. For some it's pressure. For some, it's disguised coverages. For others it's over-reliance on diagnosable plays.

There's nearly as many forms of Achilles' heels as there are QBs that didn't meet expectations.

The best thing in his favor, and the thing I'm anxious to perpetuate, is that he's not coming onto a team he has to carry. This isn't a P.Manning rebuild, or a Stafford sole bright spot. It isn't even a Culpepper or Cunningham situation where they were great but not great enough to overcome snakebit franchises [though our 'history' might be another matter, I think Reid is changing that narrative].

But what I can't figure is, if Mahomes is as promising as I think he is, what of all the past angst over not snagging inferior talents. Would you rather have a Mariota or Cousins instead of waiting until Mahomes was on the block? Do you think that we would have made the Leviathan effort to snag him if we already had a high profile prospect in his mid-20s on the roster instead of one entering his mid-30s?

I feel there's more potential in Mahomes than anyone since Luck/RGIII, and even those situations have been wildly mishandled to date. That's why I center my concern away from squeeing over the new toy, glossing over the present, and fixating on getting Mahomes on the field. Instead I center my concern towards maintaining team chemistry, including respect for Alex's position and franchise value. I'd rather operate the franchise under the assumption that the present depth chart is making a serious championship run, and introduce Mahomes organically on a team free of the drama of a QB controversy and feelings of disrespect over tanked opportunities. NFL players live with a Sword of Damacles over them where every play could be their last, and they generally have little patience for playing out a string for far off rewards.

It's like the joke about the calf that wants to run down to the meadow and **** a heifer when the bull advises walking down and ****ing them all. I want to compete this year. I want to compete next year, and I eventually want Mahomes to take over on solid, drama free, footing and compete for 15 years or more additional.
Good post.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:44 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

It's like the joke about the calf that wants to run down to the meadow and fuck a heifer when the bull advises walking down and fucking them all. I want to compete this year. I want to compete next year, and I eventually want Mahomes to take over on solid, drama free, footing and compete for 15 years or more additional.
The transition is Andy's job. We as fans were firing back and forth over the entire month of April about QB prospects and team future while Andy Reid made a phone call to Alex saying, "Look, I don't know when, but we're taking a QB in this draft. Probably in the high rounds. Here's why we're doing it. You just keep doing your thing." That's a difficult conversation to have, but Andy Reid is probably the best coach in the NFL at soothing over any kind of tensions like that if they exist within the team environment.

The point is that we don't even know about 99% of the stuff Andy does to maintain that environment no matter the circumstances. Those are private conversations he has with players, and it's the stuff that NFL fans don't get to see. All we know is that he just does it, and he does it well.

Yeah, it'd be nice to just kind of gradually work in Mahomes to the life of that huddle and team until Alex is ready to move on, but that's not the reality. It's not going to be smooth like that. Hell, just look at the Dee Ford strategy, which I think is very much in line with what you're thinking. The guy only ever got on the field in his first two years if there was an injury. A lot of that was largely because he simply wasn't ready, sure, but now that he's been nicely folded into the team gradually and neatly, the asshole he's replacing is now super pissed off and probably doesn't like Ford or give much of a shit about him all that much.

If the Chiefs could control the situation, Houston wouldn't have been injured, Ford would have developed a little bit faster, and Hali wouldn't have been given that shitmassive extension to keep playing here for three more years. The Chiefs would have waved goodbye to Hali much sooner and moved on.

That's going to have to happen with Alex, man. We can't be fucking around with this Tiger strategy of "extend him then restructure" so we can keep him around even longer past the two years just so Mahomes is REALLY ULTRA SUPER READY when he takes control of the team. You saw what happened with Favre and Rodgers. Favre was mulling over retiring and kept jacking the team around, and the team had no way of moving on from Favre through his contract running out. They could only cut or trade him, and that's what caused all the butthurt between the two sides.

Alex Smith has two more years on his contract. Ideally Mahomes would be ready in a year, or at least ready enough so that he's not completely drowning when he ends up starting. That way the Chiefs can collect on some of the hit they took when they paid a 1st rounder in 2018 to go get Mahomes.

But let's say the Chiefs want to be more confident than that. I can definitely see that happening, and I wouldn't blame them at all, considering Mahomes still has a lot of shit he needs to figure out. It's perfect, because Alex HAS no Sword of Damocles hanging over his head. He knows his situation. He has two years left on the deal. He'll get paid to be a starting QB for two years. He'll finish out the contract. And then he's DONE. He knows that, the team knows that, and if he's going to have problems with that kind of pressure, or it's going to negatively affect the team environment, he's gotta go. Chiefs will need to cut him.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:18 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Here's the ESPN vid mentioned before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xNSEB_W8j1Y

"The kid has people's heads spinning as far as the throws he's making." Basically the coaches are floored by how impressive the talent is with Pat.

He's making throws against NFL players in practice that people said wouldn't translate to the NFL.
Yes it's just practice against 3rd stringers, but to me this says very clearly that he has Aaron Rodgers type ability and they are actually seeing this in person and are wowed.

It's legit info too. Riddick worked with Andy and Veach in Philly. He's in with our staff.
Awwwwwwwww yeah. Now THAT's legitimate offense/football.

Motherfuck Shitty and his tallywackin' "chemistry" with this crew. People REALLY need to quit acting like the Chiefs are ever going to do jack shit with Smith behind Center.

He is what he is.

It's NOT changing, "chemistry" or no. Some of you better snap the fuck up and realize who the investments on this team are, and are NOT.

Put that Alex "Shitty" Smitty pipe the fuck DOWN.

That man, and his followers, are OLD. NEWS.

Just stop, already. For the love of god, reality, and sanity, STOP.

It's OVER.
[Reply]
milkman 05:53 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
C'mon, milkman. Sure, they aren't Marcus Peters or Derrick Johnson, but he also isn't throwing to Travis Kelce or being protected by Mitch Schwartz.
He is, however, being protected by the yellow jersey.

Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
If he's making the throws it doesn't matter who is on the receiving end. The point is that he looks to be the real deal. You and I could be out there catching his passes, he's threading the needle and putting some zip on the ball no matter who is catching it.
Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits, is it?

Originally Posted by staylor26:
Besides, who gives a ****? This team finally drafted a QB in the 1st and made an aggressive trade up to do it. There's plenty of hype/excitement, and I'm just going to enjoy it. Some people are absolutely miserable.
I am excited also.
He certainly has the physical tools, and he appears to have the football IQ, the work ethic, and the drive.
I think the sky's the limit.

Originally Posted by Halfcan:
PM2 has been throwing great all camp. Boss Chief, Clay and Crazy Coffee have all posted videos showcasing the kid's talent. So don't take their word for it- judge for yourself.
I've seen tose videos, and he has been impressive for the most part.
He has, however thrown a couple of questionable balls that I think would have been picked by NFL calibre corners or safeties.

Originally Posted by JDKinman:
Ha! Defensive third and fourth-stringers in the NFL are still considerably better than starters in the Big-12. :-)
Camp bodies are not "considerably" better.
[Reply]
Page 401 of 2678
« First < 301351391397398399400401 4024034044054114515019011401 > Last »
Up