ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1818 of 2683
« First < 818131817181768180818141815181618171818 18191820182118221828186819182318 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:23 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
10 year deal with his salary being a % of the salary cap :-)

Anyone signed a percentage based deal yet?
No one has, and owners don’t like it; when is the time to test those waters? Seriously, I can see owners mad at Clark for signing the first cap
Percentage deal, and then Clark says, “well, Mahomes.” And every other owners goes, “yeah, yeah; I would too....”
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:27 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It’s going to ensue either way. No-win deal at this point.

I don’t care whether or not he goes - I wish more had that position too.
I remember a time where athletes went to the White House out of respect, instead of respecting athletes for not wanting to go.........
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:40 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I remember a time where athletes went to the White House out of respect, instead of respecting athletes for not wanting to go.........
And I remember a time when people didn't give a shit and minded their own fucking business when it came to others and their political beliefs.

Mahomes can go to the White House and take a fat steamy dookie on the carpet in the Oval Office for all I care. He's Mahomes. Any Chiefs fan who loses even a little bit of respect for his potential decision can go get AIDS.

Seriously.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:35 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
And I remember a time when people didn't give a shit and minded their own fucking business when it came to others and their political beliefs.

Mahomes can go to the White House and take a fat steamy dookie on the carpet in the Oval Office for all I care. He's Mahomes. Any Chiefs fan who loses even a little bit of respect for his potential decision can go get AIDS.

Seriously.
We’re saying the same thing. Essentially
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It’s going to ensue either way. No-win deal at this point.

I don’t care whether or not he goes - I wish more had that position too.
And I remember a time when people didn't give a shit and minded their own ****ing business when it came to others and their political beliefs.

Seriously.
There has always been a player or two that didn't go for various protest reasons. What changed is who is the current President and the huge divide between political groups.

I'd rather Mahomes stay out of that scrum. But, its a free country, he should make it from a personal standpoint and not because Heinz or head and shoulders may drop him if controversy ensues.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:44 AM 03-06-2020
Right. I just know there are going to be Chiefs fans who are somehow disappointed with his choice. And that’s pretty sad
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:59 AM 03-06-2020

Patrick Mahomes and his girlfriend before every event they go to �� pic.twitter.com/2eYxagH8Lp

— Brady Andrews (@Sp0rtstalkBrady) March 6, 2020

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:01 AM 03-06-2020
Right. I just know there are going to be Chiefs fans who are somehow disappointed with his choice. And that’s pretty sad
There already Chiefs fans that are bitching because he’s not taking $25 million a year to better the team.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:04 AM 03-06-2020
Probably GloryHoleDayz
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:11 AM 03-06-2020
Going to the White House isn’t even political on the surface. It’s the people observing and commenting that project their own views onto others that make it political.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:38 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Going to the White House isn’t even political on the surface. It’s the people observing and commenting that project their own views onto others that make it political.
This...It was stupid when players wouldn't go because Obama and it's stupid players don't go because Trump...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:02 PM 03-06-2020
holy fuck

didn't know how to read defenses?

#Chiefs QB @PatrickMahomes: "I didn't understand how to read defenses until like halfway through last year."

"I understood coverages, but how to be able to pick up little tendencies defenses do, stuff that Brady and them have do... I was just playing." pic.twitter.com/7TSAM9GbdN

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) March 6, 2020

[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:05 PM 03-06-2020
I don't care if he goes or not, but being invited to the people's house by the most powerful man in the world is a great honor regardless of political affiliation. If I were invited by Obama, I'd go despite the fact that I believe he's one of the worst presidents we've ever had.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:21 PM 03-06-2020
Maybe Pat wants to watch his lbs and avoid the fast food buffet.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:24 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I don't care if he goes or not, but being invited to the people's house by the most powerful man in the world is a great honor regardless of political affiliation. If I were invited by Obama, I'd go despite the fact that I believe he's one of the worst presidents we've ever had.
It's because once upon a time, people understood that POTUS was an office. When a team was invited to meet the President, teams went out of respect for the office, with little regard for who exactly was in it.

Similar to the military; you salute the uniform, not the man in it.

Now there's a lot less respect for the office, probably because it's become almost purely a popularity contest. People are voting not for the best candidate for the job, but because of their race or gender or sex appeal or whatever. Basically for utter nonsense.
[Reply]
Page 1818 of 2683
« First < 818131817181768180818141815181618171818 18191820182118221828186819182318 > Last »
Up