« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Billy Graham
HonestChieffan 07:46 AM 02-21-2018

BREAKING NEWS: Billy Graham has died at age 99. pic.twitter.com/oZbmCUwOU5

— Fox News (@FoxNews) February 21, 2018

[Reply]
eDave 07:30 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
This is true. Mainly the part where it doesn’t need your help. You’re making it look like it’s nothing but brainwashed idiots. Hopefully a real Christian will come along to have an actual discussion on this discussion board, because I’m really just curious how a pastor makes $25 million and the nonsensical tantrum isn’t really answering anything. You do realize it takes money to buy the properties that he supposedly bankrolled to $25 million. So, where did that money come from? It shouldn’t be that hard of a question.
Why do you care? The man enhanced a lot of lives. You may not like the enhancement, but they did. He's done nothing to you.
[Reply]
srvy 07:30 PM 02-21-2018
So does anyone actually understand how he made a net worth of $25 million? If he was using all donations to help millions of people, where did his money come from? Didn’t look like he had an actual job, so who payed him?
He wrote a boat load of books and they sold well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:38 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
No see, thats not good enough for Red Pondscum... he wants to turn a good man into a joke because he is an atheist piece of shit that simply cannot keep his mouth shut

His hate runs too deep, it wont allow him to simply avoid conflict... he wants to fight about it
[Reply]
srvy 07:42 PM 02-21-2018
Growing up a televised Billy Graham Crusade was a family night in front of the TV. Dad always teased Mom "So that takes care of next Sunday right?" It didnt ever, he was a good man whatever the negative Nancy's and Ned's say. The door to the pearly gates were open waiting for him even before the line went flat. Reverend Graham was a great man and true to his faith. RIP Billy you did your Lord proud.
[Reply]
srvy 07:44 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
No see, thats not good enough for Red Pondscum... he wants to turn a good man into a joke because he is an atheist piece of shit that simply cannot keep his mouth shut

His hate runs too deep, it wont allow him to simply avoid conflict... he wants to fight about it
He is a bitter man to speak ill of a good man.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:45 PM 02-21-2018
Growing up a televised Billy Graham Crusade was a family night in front of the TV. Dad always teased Mom "So that takes care of next Sunday right?" It didnt ever, he was a good man whatever the negative Nancy's and Ned's say. The door to the pearly gates were open waiting for him even before the line went flat. Reverend Graham was a great man and true to his faith. RIP Billy you did your Lord proud.
Truth, I'm done here

This thread just serves as the perfect example of who to vote against
[Reply]
Over Yonder 07:48 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
In my opinion he had an actual job. He was a servant of the Lord. And as far as I am concerned, getting a soul into Heaven is the toughest job on the planet. With the proper training anybody can build a bridge or a 'fridge, but without the Holy Spirit working through a person, ain't nobody gettin' nobody to Heaven.

I am a factory worker, so I would assume you would consider that an "actual job" no?

I am a factory worker because I am not strong enough spiritually to be a pastor. And before you fret about all that money he had, keep in mind people like me who worked for it donated it to his cause. You will be insulting us if you insult his cause. You are free to do it of course, but it will be an insult to those of us that donated that money.

(FTR I doubt that any of Mr. Grahams money came from me personally because the wife and myself just donate here locally, but the principle is the same)
So does anyone actually understand how he made a net worth of $25 million? If he was using all donations to help millions of people, where did his money come from? Didn’t look like he had an actual job, so who payed him?
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He owned property, among other things

Can you prove any of it was ill gotten, you pathetic piece of shit?
Originally Posted by eDave:
Why do you care? The man enhanced a lot of lives. You may not like the enhancement, but they did. He's done nothing to you.
Not trying to be rude here , but can you deduce the answer to your question from these selected quotes?

I can appreciate you hate Christians, heck, I hate liberals, but I can understand and respect their answers even when I disagree with them :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 07:49 PM 02-21-2018
Cosmo got kicked out when he was shitting on a celebrity prayer thread. We have a lot of cosmos in this thread who should face the same.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:53 PM 02-21-2018
RIP. His son has turned into a political hack.
[Reply]
otherstar 07:56 PM 02-21-2018
Publishing companies? He authored several best sellers and the income from that would have been taxable.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 07:58 PM 02-21-2018
http://time.com/money/5168865/billy-...s-money-greed/
“People who didn’t like Billy Graham spent a lot of time trying to find personal violations of his moral and ethical code, and they couldn’t,” Wacker told NPR after Graham’s passing. “They didn’t exist. He was a man who maintained absolute marital fidelity and moral and financial integrity. He was an evangelist who lived the way he preached.”

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...ham-net-worth/
"In 1950 he founded the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Within a few years the civil rights movement began to sweep the nation. Billy, who had never really thought much about the plight of African Americans was instantly inspired to help the cause. He began refusing to speak or appear at events that were segregated. He joined the Montgomery Bus Boycott in 1955 where he met and befriended Martin Luther King, Jr. In 1957, Billy invited Dr. King to join him during a 16 week Christian event held at New York City's Madison Square Garden. This 16 week event attracted more than 2.3 million visitors from around the country and helped propel Dr. King and the Civil Rights movement into the mainstream conscience. Billy personally posted bail for Dr. King on several occasions after the MLK had been arrested during demonstrations."

There's more info at both links, if you're really interested.
[Reply]
otherstar 07:58 PM 02-21-2018
Yep. Best-selling authors tend to do pretty well, especially if you wrote more than one best seller like he did. BTW, that income would be taxable :-)
[Reply]
Over Yonder 07:59 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
RIP. His son has turned into a political hack.
If this thread was in DC, I would make a small statement here :-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:00 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
Not trying to be rude here , but can you deduce the answer to your question from these selected quotes?

I can appreciate you hate Christians, heck, I hate liberals, but I can understand and respect their answers even when I disagree with them :-)
I don’t hate Christians. I was raised in a Christian family. I’ve just always questioned things, which is why I’m the only person in my family to break away from Christianity. I don’t see how it’s out of line to ask how a televangelist makes that much money. I think religion should be a personal thing between me and my creator. Seeing people profit off peoples fear of the unknown just rubs me the wrong way.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 08:08 PM 02-21-2018
I don’t hate Christians. I was raised in a Christian family. I’ve just always questioned things, which is why I’m the only person in my family to break away from Christianity. I don’t see how it’s out of line to ask how a televangelist makes that much money. I think religion should be a personal thing between me and my creator. Seeing people profit off peoples fear of the unknown just rubs me the wrong way.
Sure, I agree. It's fair to ask. I have no problem with that. But now that you have multiple people giving you multiple reasons, can you be the bigger man and say "OK, that's cool"?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up