Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Billy Graham
HonestChieffan 07:46 AM 02-21-2018

BREAKING NEWS: Billy Graham has died at age 99. pic.twitter.com/oZbmCUwOU5

— Fox News (@FoxNews) February 21, 2018

[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:38 PM 02-21-2018
Heaven welcomed home a great man of God today. Thank you Mr. Graham, for your service to the Lord.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 04:48 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefFanForHire:
I disagree with your assessment; I've made an honest living providing strangers with useful services for the better part of my life.

I haven't conned poor people into agreeing with my fantasy beliefs so I make 25 million dollars off them, and not pay a dime towards the tax system that a Hy Vee cashier contributes to on her first day of minimum wage.
I'm guessing you don't know how the American tax system works? If somebody works that first day of minimum wage, they are getting 100% of what they pay in back. Unless they work a crap load of hours.

Seems to me your hatred is misguided. You should be angered at the American tax system, not somebody who played the game according to the rules IMO
[Reply]
ChiefsFan1864 04:58 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Billy Graham wasn't a snake waver.
You never heard about them boys?
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:05 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Nope, that was Oral Roberts.
What do you call two gay guys named Bob?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:06 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I wont bother holding myself to Christian standards when stooping to the level of the likes of you and others

Billy Grahams charity has an impeccable record, meanwhile... people like you are sacks of shit :-)
When do you hold yourself (and others) to Christian standards? You seem to feel like it's your place to decide.
[Reply]
eDave 05:06 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
What do you call two gay guys named Bob?
Wow. That takes me all the way back to 5th grade.
[Reply]
ChiefFanForHire 05:09 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I'm guessing you don't know how the American tax system works? If somebody works that first day of minimum wage, they are getting 100% of what they pay in back. Unless they work a crap load of hours.

Seems to me your hatred is misguided. You should be angered at the American tax system, not somebody who played the game according to the rules IMO
Change out the word "day" for "week", and 16 year old girl pays more taxes

Note your own "Unless they work a crap ton of hours" exception, and the 16 year old girl pays more taxes.

Your right to your opinion that Billy not paying taxes on 25 million plus is someone who "played the game according to the rules". But I'm sticking to mine that someone who goes along with that sort of pyramid scheme is a conman at best, though I think "burdren to society" is a phrase that describes his lifes work a little more accurately.

I'm glad my life's legacy won't be that of a liars like Billy Graham.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:12 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
Wow. That takes me all the way back to 5th grade.
Some jokes stand the test of time.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:16 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
This thread should probably be in DC tbh
Or maybe people should just avoid posting criticisms in it. You can always create another DC thread for those. If we're going to have a cosmo rule for prayer threads, it shouldn't just be for cosmo.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 05:17 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefFanForHire:
Change out the word "day" for "week", and 16 year old girl pays more taxes

Note your own "Unless they work a crap ton of hours" exception, and the 16 year old girl pays more taxes.

Your right to your opinion that Billy not paying taxes on 25 million plus is someone who "played the game according to the rules". But I'm sticking to mine that someone who goes along with that sort of pyramid scheme is a conman at best, though I think "burdren to society" is a phrase that describes his lifes work a little more accurately.

I'm glad my life's legacy won't be that of a liars like Billy Graham.
I completely disagree with this statement and even explained why you should to in my previous post. But I'm not gonna wrestle in the mud with you in a fine man's RIP thread, so let's just say you win and welcome to eternal rest Mr. Graham.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:21 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
When do you hold yourself (and others) to Christian standards? You seem to feel like it's your place to decide.
You profess to be a Christian, yet seemingly hold a man like Billy Graham in contempt

Go ahead and tell me how liberal garbage hasnt infected your mind

I have absolutely no use for your protestations if you feel that Graham is some kind of charlatan... which you clearly do

Instead of gently tamping down the assholes trying to tear him down here, you instantly join them without reservation... feel free to never quote/ respond to me again, about anything, ever
[Reply]
Spott 05:23 PM 02-21-2018
Bring him in for a look?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:29 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You profess to be a Christian, yet seemingly hold a man like Billy Graham in contempt

Go ahead and tell me how liberal garbage hasnt infected your mind

I have absolutely no use for your protestations if you feel that Graham is some kind of charlatan... which you clearly do

Instead of gently tamping down the assholes trying to tear him down here, you instantly join them without reservation... feel free to never quote/ respond to me again, about anything, ever
You appear to have a different set of qualifications for defining a Christian. Of course, I merely asked a question about his reason for lying. The rest of your post appears to originate in fantasy.
[Reply]
ChiefFanForHire 05:33 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I completely disagree with this statement and even explained why you should to in my previous post. But I'm not gonna wrestle in the mud with you in a fine man's RIP thread, so let's just say you win and welcome to eternal rest Mr. Graham.
I received your explanation loud and clear - blame the tax system for Graham choosing a career in blowing smoke up poor peoples asses in exchange for hard cash that 99 percent of other professions are forced to pay taxes or go to jail.

I get it, and choose to disagree, because Billy CHOSE to rip people off for a living, in the only job he knew let him keep 100 percent of the gross. As opposed to say, an honest living, like the 16 year old cashier that tops her 12th hour of minimum wage.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:38 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You appear to have a different set of qualifications for defining a Christian. Of course, I merely asked a question about his reason for lying. The rest of your post appears to originate in fantasy.
I asked you a question, why can you not answer it?

Why would any professed Christian immediately make common cause with people seeking to tear down a great Christian?

Show me the proof that Graham was a fake, or take yourself back to your phony ass church next sunday
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up