< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Billy Graham
HonestChieffan 07:46 AM 02-21-2018

BREAKING NEWS: Billy Graham has died at age 99. pic.twitter.com/oZbmCUwOU5

— Fox News (@FoxNews) February 21, 2018

[Reply]
Easy 6 12:14 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Nothing like making God a profit driven business.
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Bingo!!!
Rep for either one of you, if you can find a proven scandal (financial or otherwise) in Grahams past

He helped millions all over the world with the money he raised
[Reply]
fan4ever 12:41 PM 02-21-2018
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
That's actually a translation issue; many cities had walls built around them and the door by which people would enter and exit at night was a small door...and getting a camel through those doors was possible but difficult because of the height of the camel...somehow this became the "eye of a needle" reference. From what I understand it's not supposed to be believed that it's impossible for a wealthy man to enter Heaven. Many of God's followers, King David for example, lived in great wealth.
[Reply]
wazu 12:49 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
That's actually a translation issue; many cities had walls built around them and the door by which people would enter and exit at night was a small door...and getting a camel through those doors was possible but difficult because of the height of the camel...somehow this became the "eye of a needle" reference. From what I understand it's not supposed to be believed that it's impossible for a wealthy man to enter Heaven. Many of God's followers, King David for example, lived in great wealth.
Interesting. I never took it to mean “impossible”. I thought it would just mean you’d have to put the camel through a giant blender and then slowly smush the gelatinous mixture through the needle eye. Seemed like an odd way to make a point.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:53 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Rep for either one of you, if you can find a proven scandal (financial or otherwise) in Grahams past

The guy was an anti-Semite, so technically he hated Jesus.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc.c...LawWL/amp.html
[Reply]
otherstar 12:55 PM 02-21-2018
Indeed, as did King Solomon, and a host of others.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:07 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:

He also expressed love for Israel, then later apologized for the things that were off color... if the left can forgive Robert Byrd for being a Grand Dragon, I can forgive him for remarks made in 1972

But since you're interested in tearing down a great man, go ahead and find something that talks about him living lavishly on the money he raised
[Reply]
carcosa 01:30 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:

His son is a huge piece of shit also

RIP tho i guess
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:35 PM 02-21-2018
He also expressed love for Israel, then later apologized for the things that were off color... if the left can forgive Robert Byrd for being a Grand Dragon, I can forgive him for remarks made in 1972

But since you're interested in tearing down a great man, go ahead and find something that talks about him living lavishly on the money he raised
Does the private jet not count? What was he using money on to help people? All I remember him doing was spreading the word of God and buying more ministries to spread that word. Can you please show me all the wonderful things he did other than converting people to Christianity?
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 01:36 PM 02-21-2018

Scandal?

He was a misogynist and a homophobe…

Doesn't need a scandal to make him a primitive minded fucking piece of shit
[Reply]
beach tribe 01:38 PM 02-21-2018
And I'm reminded once again of the Mandela effect.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:39 PM 02-21-2018
Yeah, that’s why Jesus asked everybody at the sermon on the mount to hurry up and donate today. Because St. Thomas Aquinas confused “eye of the needle” with “a small door in the city walls.”

Or maybe people make BANK off of “ministering.”

What’s the misinterpretation of “man cannot serve both God and money?”

Or

“Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.”

The translation is actually “go on TV and ask poor people to give donations so you can build big ass churches and fly private and live super comfortably, cuz you’re a minister.”
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:41 PM 02-21-2018
Jesus was very very clear on money, and it wasn’t for net worth. It was for helping the sick, the pooor, the disenfranchised, the imprisoned. It wasn’t for crystal palaces.
[Reply]
redfan 01:47 PM 02-21-2018
Was he the one who said that God would strike him dead if people didn't give to his ministry?
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:48 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by redhed:
Was he the one who said that God would strike him dead if people didn't give to his ministry?
Nope, that was Oral Roberts.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:49 PM 02-21-2018
Jesus was very very clear on money, and it wasn’t for net worth. It was for helping the sick, the pooor, the disenfranchised, the imprisoned. It wasn’t for crystal palaces.
Why we giving money to people in prison?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up