ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Plaza III To Close
Titty Meat 12:29 AM 02-21-2018
I remember when Carl took Ed Hartwell there :-)

https://mobile.twitter.com/afgutierr...12541725413376

Live right by the plaza and hardly ever go. There's not much although I hear a Shake Shack is coming.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:43 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Golden ox http://fox4kc.com/2014/12/03/kcs-gol...ts-last-steak/

Had to google
20 to 30 years ago it was fucking awesome
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:52 PM 02-21-2018
31st st.
Turn right on terrace on your way up the hill on the right. Under the tower.

I was only there a few times, It was rare for me to make parts runs, I had O'Reilly as a courier so unless I was in the area, which I never was, they picked it up.

That lasted about 2 years and some RM put a stop to that...

So, Did you know Marty Brown?

SAUTO's dead on. Rosedale BBQ does suck. BIG TIME If starving, go to Dagwoods...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:56 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
20 to 30 years ago it was ****ing awesome
+1

towards the end, go to Rosedale BBQ LOL
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:01 PM 02-21-2018
I liked quick s on Merriam if i was that way
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:41 PM 02-21-2018
OK you know that area, it was near near Favenger Motors? Bought a 421SD Bonneville off them.

Quicks south side before the curves going east?

Never ate there always running when I was near. Haven't even thought about going in for 30 years... Too late now

I honestly only remember the red building not the brick.

http://vp.cdn.cityvoterinc.com/GetIm...=220&sq=1&cb=0
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:45 PM 02-21-2018
Yep. Ed retired
Its a gun store now
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:52 PM 02-21-2018
I saw that. Googled it :-):-):-):-)
was it once just the red building?

It was Ed Favinger Motors too. About a block West on the corner. Remember?

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0562...7i13312!8i6656
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:25 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I'd just take him to Peppermill and drink beer and size up his Pool game. I shot league at both bars near where his store was. There's a 54th St across the way.

I just wonder if this was Plll isn't paying it's way (That property has to be a big nut to cut) or if new Plaza owners are wanting too much rent on a new lease or have requested them to vacate.

Where is the Plaza going to put what is said to be a new 116,000-square-foot store in 2021. It it's not new where might it go? Old Sears? New building on Ward Parkway? Where P III is?

Where do you put 216K SF when 2 floor of Halls was only half that? What's coming down so the 800lb gorilla can have a place?

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0415.../data=!3m1!1e3
you ever wanna race to 7 on 9 footers you just dial me up pal - pool runs in my fam.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:27 PM 02-21-2018
Dartgod, iirc

BR at 71 nope Peppermill and Richie's Place
I don't know what this means, but remember Peppermill and Richie's. I used to shoot darts at Peppermill years later. I guess you were trying to say Blue Ridge and 71. Yeah, between there and Longview Rd. I also spent a fair amount of time at Capitol Bowl and Hickman Mills Fun Center.

Originally Posted by :
I knew Dave Duncan, not well, but dammed that was a long time ago...Dammed if I can't remember all of his stores. Been too long, seems like those days they all kinda looked alike. Dave did go to Carquest, Platte Woods ans 89th and Troost both shuttered. There was a redheaded guy, Camaro, that worked for Parts Plus (didn't they buy Keystone?) as a salesmanthat I worked with...
Don't know who the redhead is you are talking about. I did run into Dave at the 89th and Troost location. He had stores at 76th and Metcalf, near 95th and Antioch, on Shawnee Mission Pkwy just west of I-35 and Olathe at Sante Fe and Ridgeview. I worked at them all except Shawnee at one time or another. He ended up selling them to Parts Plus and some dickhead from Oklahoma come up here to run the. Jeff something. I couldn't stand that guy. Wouldn't look you in the eye.

Originally Posted by :
What was that black haired guys name at SB?
If you are talking about the owner, it was Rudy Langer. He was a ****ing asshole. Loved suing people.

Originally Posted by :
And I assume the motor pool was at 38th and Main?
Blue Ridge Cutoff and Sni-A-Bar Rd.

Originally Posted by :
Marty Brown... son of a bitch... He was an owner at Keystone/ Bumper to bumper? hooked up Harold Tenenbaum ??? He was a parts hoarder and a shrewd businessman
Both those names sound very familiar.

Originally Posted by :
Which Oreally?
Two different stints. 58th and Troost and 40 Hwy close to where the old Blue Ridge Mall used to be.

Originally Posted by :
Small enough world?
Sure is.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:31 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
No Tulsa business, only Oklahoma store I did business with was the Woolwine store in Guyman.

ADI was a really big deal back in the day, and I hadn't thought about Daves in a long time. One of the local salesman took me out there once. Was he the guy that would cut your tie off if you wore one in to his store?:-) Our salesman made sure I took mine off before we went into that store.

I remember hearing that Motor Pool name, and of course the O'Reilly's thing went bonkers. Spent some time out in LA with Larry O'Reilly at a AWDA conference. One of my neighbors down here retired after 34 years with them.

Your career sounds similar to mine except for the IT part. Good for you!

My education was in electronics so I got back into that for the remainder of my career.
Yeah, that was Dave. He could be a bit of an asshole at times, but I really liked working for him. Once at the Olathe store some guy came in for an air filter but didn't buy it because it was too expensive. Said he was going to Western Auto down the street instead. He came back a bit later and wanted our filter because they didn't have one in stock. It was still laying on the counter and Dave picks it up and throws it over his shoulder down the warehouse aisle and told the guy we were out of stock too.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:16 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you ever wanna race to 7 on 9 footers you just dial me up pal - pool runs in my fam.
Anyone else would take this opportunity.... So will I

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Simply Red 09:40 PM 02-21-2018
Anyone else would take this opportunity.... So will I

Spoiler!
i'd like to - we should! I'll hit you up - once i go see dad - great!
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:44 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yeah, that was Dave. He could be a bit of an asshole at times, but I really liked working for him. Once at the Olathe store some guy came in for an air filter but didn't buy it because it was too expensive. Said he was going to Western Auto down the street instead. He came back a bit later and wanted our filter because they didn't have one in stock. It was still laying on the counter and Dave picks it up and throws it over his shoulder down the warehouse aisle and told the guy we were out of stock too.
:-) That was the guy! I loved those kind of guys in the parts business.

When I was a young mechanic, used to have a parts store owner in Wichita that would call you a jackass or something similar when you walked in the door and you would like it.

Kind of like Clint Eastwood and his barber in Gran Torino. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:46 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by bobbymitch:
Golden Ox?
Golden Ox is one I left of my list a while ago, very good steak.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:46 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Golden Ox is one I left of my list a while ago, very good steak.
oh yes
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up