ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Plaza III To Close
Titty Meat 12:29 AM 02-21-2018
I remember when Carl took Ed Hartwell there :-)

https://mobile.twitter.com/afgutierr...12541725413376

Live right by the plaza and hardly ever go. There's not much although I hear a Shake Shack is coming.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:37 AM 02-21-2018
Apparently at one time Plaza III was so big they branched out and opened a restaurant in Boston. I know a guy who waited tables there.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:40 AM 02-21-2018
you know I never went there - I think all of my family has one time or another.
[Reply]
Fish 01:01 AM 02-21-2018
Really good steak. Really overpriced.

Plaza is going through quite a phase right now. Business rent there must really suck...
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:15 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:

Plaza is going through quite a phase right now. Business rent there must really suck...
soon enough, more people will demand delivery service for fine dining, and accept the fact the food is 40 minutes late, cold, stale, dry whatever, and still be okay with it because they didn't have to leave the house :-)

oh wait, that's what's happening now. if you don't deliver or uber food, you are losing money :-)
[Reply]
eDave 02:22 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
soon enough, more people will demand delivery service for fine dining, and accept the fact the food is 40 minutes late, cold, stale, dry whatever, and still be okay with it because they didn't have to leave the house :-)

oh wait, that's what's happening now. if you don't deliver or uber food, you are losing money :-)
I would NEVER order Plaza III to be delivered and I don't want to meet the man who would. Better to just splat one on a skillet at home and heat some tater tots and Kraft macaroni and cheese. Throw some buttered toast in the toaster while you are at it.

Get it delivered and you still have to put it onto plates and such and heat again. All while the girlfriend is bitching and moaning if it's ready yet. Bitch, does it LOOK like it's ready? Shut up.

Going to a joint like that is half the experience anyway.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:47 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I would NEVER order Plaza III to be delivered and I don't want to meet the man who would. Better to just splat one on a skillet at home and heat some tater tots and Kraft macaroni and cheese. Throw some buttered toast in the toaster while you are at it.

Get it delivered and you still have to put it onto plates and such and heat again. All while the girlfriend is bitching and moaning if it's ready yet. Bitch, does it LOOK like it's ready? Shut up.

Going to a joint like that is half the experience anyway.
i agree, and am with you, but, the trend :-)

more people here go to gas stations for a loaf of bread simply because it's closer, even though it is twice as expensive. :-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:17 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Apparently at one time Plaza III was so big they branched out and opened a restaurant in Boston. I know a guy who waited tables there.
I knew there was one in KC. Jacksonville, and Boston. Both Jacksonville and Boston were franchises sold about 13-14 years ago, not operated by Haddad Restaurant Group. Jacksonville lasted a couple of years (4) but Boston made it 8-9 years.

Haddad seems to be all about franchising,

[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:24 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you know I never went there - I think all of my family has one time or another.
We used to eat there every Thanksgiving if we were in town and then go to the lighting ceremonies. It was about the only time I could WOW my mother and father in law.

With all the great places to eat steak, and myself preferring to cook steak at home, I was surprised it lasted as long as it did after failing to expand. I think the writing was on the wall but new owners of the Plaza have debt service to deal with and probably bumped the rent, big time.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:35 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i agree, and am with you, but, the trend :-)

more people here go to gas stations for a loaf of bread simply because it's closer, even though it is twice as expensive. :-)
You mean the ones on SNAP? :-):-)

I have noticed that bread section in my huge grocer has been reduced, not so the last time I grabbed low carb tortillas at Wal-mart ($3.19 vs 4.29).

I do get my craft beer delivered now. Just exchange the growler and it's $15 delivered. Free pizza delivery with beer too. Tipping not allowed on beer. Stupid local law.
The only other thing I get delivered is Chinese and it will burn you it's so hot.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:39 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:

Plus Plaza rent has a % of volume clause so if your tight, you're screwed.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:59 AM 02-21-2018
Cooper, you have got to be the most know-it-all, look at me blowhard that has ever graced CP. This was a thread about a restaurant closing and you somehow try to make it about you and your personal delivery choices. Just shut the fuck up already.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:39 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Cooper, you have got to be the most know-it-all, look at me blowhard that has ever graced CP. This was a thread about a restaurant closing and you somehow try to make it about you and your personal delivery choices. Just shut the **** up already.
Get your wife's buttplug inserted sideways in your ass this morning?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:42 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
He's right. You've somehow managed to finangle your sniveling elitism into this thread. We don't need 3 posts from you about how you get your beer delivered and whatever the fuck else you're on about. Stick to stalking Clay.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:13 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I got a buttplug inserted sideways in my ass once. My buttplug delivery guy, he also delivers my craft beer for no extra charge with a free pepperoni pizza, was walking up the steps to my home. I was grilling some Wagyu steaks when I saw him coming up the steps. By the way, have I ever told you I have experience raising Wagyu cattle? Anyway, I sent to meet him at the door and as I opened the door he tripped on the top step and fell into me. As we both hit the floor, I fell o the buttplug and it went right up my pretentious ass through my designer denim jeans.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up