ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>KANSAS JAYHAWKS: THE UN-PHOG-ETTABLE COMEBACK 2.0
chief4life 09:30 AM 02-20-2018
Enjoy this video of KU's second epic comeback against West Virginia in Allen Fieldhouse! Feel free to comment, rate, and subscribe! #RockChalk #KU#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrnlILbY9W8
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:27 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
They came at you like rabid wolves. Pathetic.
That's coming at someone like rabid wolves? Jesus snowflake
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:31 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Didn’t watch, but 35-2 free throws? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:49 PM 02-20-2018
well i know who the ignorant college bball fans are
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:05 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
An un-phog-ettable experience!
[Reply]
baitism 06:29 AM 02-21-2018
I look forward to crying ku fan video in March.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:56 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by baitism:
That's the only action you'll ever get in March, so whatever floats your boat.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:10 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I realize you don't post here much Brad - and believe me - you DO seem nice - but SaulBadGuy will light your ass up for not using the proper KU repository thread for all KU additions to CP. Just looking out for you - glad we are friends!
SBG, now there's a name I haven't heard for years. What ever happened to that guy?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:14 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
MU and KSU fans? Yep.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:16 AM 02-21-2018
I'm just kidding. Notorious is a good guy. He's just a KSU fan who sometimes lets his purple glasses cloud his view of KU. Actually, I don't dislike any of the rival fans posting trash in this thread. Some are really good posters and seem like good people. I guess it's par for the course when it comes to KU. :-):-)
[Reply]
Lzen 08:45 AM 02-21-2018
Perhaps you should just worry about great SEC times such as Ole Miss. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:22 AM 02-21-2018
Yeah, a down year is actually needing a big win in late February to (help) secure another conference title, a probable 2 seed or higher, and yeah a more than likely earlier exit than another elite eight.... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:18 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I'm just kidding. Notorious is a good guy. He's just a KSU fan who sometimes lets his purple glasses cloud his view of KU. Actually, I don't dislike any of the rival fans posting trash in this thread. Some are really good posters and seem like good people. I guess it's par for the course when it comes to KU. :-):-)
this thread is my super bowl!
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:05 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
MU and KSU fans? Yep.
I figured he was referring to all the phoggots
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:30 PM 02-21-2018
"There was quite a stir after the Mountaineers blew a double-digit lead in a loss to Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence. West Virginia coach Bob Huggins was tossed after vociferously pointing out to the officials that the free throw disparity, which was 35-2 at the end of the game. Many fans and others around the basketball community pointed to the disparity as clear evidence that something was wrong. Well, I sat courtside for that game, and there was nothing wrong. Were there some missed calls? Yes. Did the officials miss the call that was the last straw for Huggins? Yes. I watched the game again, and there were about 15 calls that should have or could have been called. But nine of those calls should have or could have gone against West Virginia, including an offensive basket interference call against the Mountaineers that went uncalled and resulted in a bucket. Free throw disparity is a function of style of play and how teams play on that day. West Virginia settled for a lot of jump shots, while Kansas drove the ball into the lane and punched the ball into its big guy, Udoka Azubuike. West Virginia presses and fouls more than most teams, and it allows more free throws by opponents than all but 13 Division I teams. Kansas does not play pressure defense, and it is in the top 20 in Division I in allowing the fewest free throws. The officials made some mistakes, yes. But the officials did not cost West Virginia the game. The Mountaineers did that all by themselves."

-Jay Bilas
[Reply]
chief4life 02-21-2018, 07:00 PM
This message has been deleted by chief4life.
chief4life 07:02 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
"There was quite a stir after the Mountaineers blew a double-digit lead in a loss to Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence. West Virginia coach Bob Huggins was tossed after vociferously pointing out to the officials that the free throw disparity, which was 35-2 at the end of the game. Many fans and others around the basketball community pointed to the disparity as clear evidence that something was wrong. Well, I sat courtside for that game, and there was nothing wrong. Were there some missed calls? Yes. Did the officials miss the call that was the last straw for Huggins? Yes. I watched the game again, and there were about 15 calls that should have or could have been called. But nine of those calls should have or could have gone against West Virginia, including an offensive basket interference call against the Mountaineers that went uncalled and resulted in a bucket. Free throw disparity is a function of style of play and how teams play on that day. West Virginia settled for a lot of jump shots, while Kansas drove the ball into the lane and punched the ball into its big guy, Udoka Azubuike. West Virginia presses and fouls more than most teams, and it allows more free throws by opponents than all but 13 Division I teams. Kansas does not play pressure defense, and it is in the top 20 in Division I in allowing the fewest free throws. The officials made some mistakes, yes. But the officials did not cost West Virginia the game. The Mountaineers did that all by themselves."

-Jay Bilas
I agree with this and he was one of the announcers that night. So he saw it first hand.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up