ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: Most underated bands, who ya got
FlaChief58 08:20 PM 02-16-2018
There is a ton of really good music out there that goes unappreciated by most people because they stick to a certain genre. Here is your chance to enlighten us all by turning us on to your favorite lesser known bands.

Here's a few of mine

Blind Mellon: Sleepy house, Change

The Black Crows: Wiser Time, She Gave Good Sunflower

Theory of a deadman: All or nothing, Wait for me
[Reply]
srvy 03:22 PM 02-17-2018
Actually I could put the Elders in there with a Band that didnt get there just due.

[Reply]
Dartgod 03:36 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Was Shooting Star also once Morningstar for some reason I thought when they got their record label the name changed. I also remember Morningstar playing at a JHS or HS assembly cant remember which one.

No, completely different band. I can't recall off the top of my head any of their songs, but I do remember seeing them open for Triumph at Memorial Hall one time.

http://www.kcmorningstar.com/
[Reply]
srvy 03:38 PM 02-17-2018
Gerry Rafferty a huge talent with Stealers Wheel, The Pacemakers just fell off the map became reclusive then died.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:47 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Gerry Rafferty a huge talent with Stealers Wheel, The Pacemakers just fell off the map became reclusive then died.
Did you win those tickets to the Monster Truck Extravaganza at the Carson Fairgrounds? I heard Big Daddy Don Bodean was there with The Bohemoth.
[Reply]
srvy 03:58 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Did you win those tickets to the Monster Truck Extravaganza at the Carson Fairgrounds? I heard Big Daddy Don Bodean was there with The Bohemoth.
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02-17-2018, 04:05 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: Not Germane
Frosty 04:18 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
The Strawbs
Wishbone Ash
Ambrosia
Anathema
Camel
Weird. I would never have pegged you as a prog fan.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:29 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:

I saw Wishbone Ash back in the middle 70s. Saw Camel (who I thought was OUTSTANDING) back then, as well...

Now here's a weird concert:

I saw Gentle Giant and the Edgar Winter Group on the same ticket....

Granted, I was working Security for extra cash at the time - but to this day, I still don't get it...

But, to their credit - Gentle Giant was really good!!

But I always really liked Uriah Heep.....
[Reply]
Frosty 04:38 PM 02-17-2018
I was never much of a prog fan, outside of early Rush and Pink Floyd along with the occasional Yes and ELP songs. I recently came across a site called "100 Top Prog Albums" or something like that and decided to listen through all of them on Spotify and Youtube. I'm still not a fan of the bands that record hour long jazz fusion type prog but a lot of it was pretty good.
[Reply]
Frosty 04:45 PM 02-17-2018
Speaking of under-rated and prog, the three Genesis albums right after Peter Gabriel left are really good. I always thought they went straight into the pop sound when Collins took over but they stayed with the prog stuff for a while. I really liked A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering. ... and Then There Were Three isn't as good as the previous two but still listenable. The next album, Duke, was where they went in the pop direction and I didn't care much for that album, though I like the song "Misunderstanding".

I've tried and tried to get into Gabriel era Genesis and it just doesn't connect with me.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:00 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Fuck the Blackhawks
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:01 PM 02-17-2018
Huey Lewis and the News

Nickelback
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 05:01 PM 02-17-2018
Johnny Lang.

Never became the super star his talent deserves.

Here he is at 16 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tigVYfHVmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn560Wesh-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySt-ubYiGw8
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:35 PM 02-17-2018
Wut? I'm, like, THE prog rock guy on this site. Annoyingly so. But I'm pleased you recognize the genre. :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:40 PM 02-17-2018
Speaking of under-rated and prog, the three Genesis albums right after Peter Gabriel left are really good. I always thought they went straight into the pop sound when Collins took over but they stayed with the prog stuff for a while. I really liked A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering. ... and Then There Were Three isn't as good as the previous two but still listenable. The next album, Duke, was where they went in the pop direction and I didn't care much for that album, though I like the song "Misunderstanding".

I've tried and tried to get into Gabriel era Genesis and it just doesn't connect with me.
When they lost Steve Hackett in 1977, they abandoned their prog identity. And Then There Were Three is a transitional album, kinda up and down. Duke is where they struck the best balance between pop and prog. After that it was a steady journey into pop (although I do like Abacab).
[Reply]
Frosty 05:57 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Wut? I'm, like, THE prog rock guy on this site. Annoyingly so. But I'm pleased you recognize the genre. :-)
I know. It was just a joke based on your username. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up