ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: Most underated bands, who ya got
FlaChief58 08:20 PM 02-16-2018
There is a ton of really good music out there that goes unappreciated by most people because they stick to a certain genre. Here is your chance to enlighten us all by turning us on to your favorite lesser known bands.

Here's a few of mine

Blind Mellon: Sleepy house, Change

The Black Crows: Wiser Time, She Gave Good Sunflower

Theory of a deadman: All or nothing, Wait for me
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:49 AM 02-17-2018
Primus/ Les Claypool

Devil went down to Georgia is amazing, My name is mud is great, pork soda in general is pretty great

Deftones for sure; love the contrast of melody, from ethereal singing to screaming (with stellar instrumenals included)

The roots (not sure this counts as they were very successful)

Someone said Sevendust earlier- criminally underrated

Del

Flobots

Jackson Browne

I'll come up with more
[Reply]
eDave 01:07 AM 02-17-2018
The Verve
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:30 AM 02-17-2018
Seether
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:14 AM 02-17-2018
Not sure if anyone here is into dancehall music, BUT.. I present to you..

Vybz Kartel.... the man is a living legend in Jamaica. He’s almost like the dancehall version of Tupac legend-wise, but has more music than Lil Wayne! Lyrically there’s nobody in that genre that’s even close. He was part of a feud Gaza vs Gully that became such a big issue that the prime minister of Jamaica as well as the biggest drug dealer on the island at the time had to tell the parties involved to stop with it, because too many people were dying over it Too bad the Jamaican government hated him, and imo he was set up for a murder and has been locked up for many years. He pretty much predicted that the government would find a way to take him down, and they did. But what they probably didn’t count on was him being just as big of a presence in the dancehall scene, after many years of incarceration. He isn’t supposed to be recording music while locked up, yet still releases lots of music, and is finding ways to keep recording while locked up! He should be a big time artist in the US like Sean Paul, and Shaggy, but for whatever reason he never got the attention here he deserves.

[Reply]
rocknrolla 07:03 AM 02-17-2018
Ben Harper
[Reply]
listopencil 07:10 AM 02-17-2018

[Reply]
listopencil 08:24 AM 02-17-2018

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:51 AM 02-17-2018
I put one of his songs in the 'Songs That Fill You With the Spirit' thread in the media center, and I know he is a MEGA-mogul [and he just had that bonkers interview], but I don't think enough people really appreciate how ably Quincy Jones managed to survive the backlash of the disco era and turn it into power pop of the 80s.

His stuff in the late 70s and early 80s was definitely disco-infused, but you could see the sparks of what Jacko and Prince sprinted off with soon thereafter.

And that's not even getting into Q-sound, some of the best stuff for the mastering business in a generation.

I'll leave Ai No Corrida in the 'Songs That Fill You With the Spirit' thread, and strongly suggest people go there to see it.

Slow it down for this thread.

Even if the music isn't your style, focus on the placement and dynamics and how tight every part of the ensemble is. Listen how you can pick out and place every part. Dude is a technician.

[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:53 AM 02-17-2018

[Reply]
Nzoner 08:57 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Were it not for NZoner, I likely still wouldnt know about them

All Hail NZoner... :-)
:-)

Here's another newer band I'm really liking

[Reply]
Nzoner 09:04 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
They're pretty well known in KC, but never reached the level of success they should have because of bad management.

That was a great band as was another KC original one whom Newsweek even pegged,"The next great rock-n-roll band"

[Reply]
Nzoner 09:13 AM 02-17-2018
Also Dart,remember this gem from Shooting Star? I never understood why it wasn't on their greatest hits

[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:17 AM 02-17-2018

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:20 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Midnight Radio might be the best night driving album ever. Right up there with Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Sessions at least.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:23 AM 02-17-2018
[QUOTE=GloucesterChief;13421740]

Thin Lizzy

Great pick,easily a top 5 TL song for me personally
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up