ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: Most underated bands, who ya got
FlaChief58 08:20 PM 02-16-2018
There is a ton of really good music out there that goes unappreciated by most people because they stick to a certain genre. Here is your chance to enlighten us all by turning us on to your favorite lesser known bands.

Here's a few of mine

Blind Mellon: Sleepy house, Change

The Black Crows: Wiser Time, She Gave Good Sunflower

Theory of a deadman: All or nothing, Wait for me
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:27 PM 02-16-2018
If you appreciate mellow, atmospheric electronica, think Brian Eno meets light jazz, this is a band to listen to

We're not talking woohoo rock n roll, just something to unwind to...Snayl has a special place in my heart

Tune in, and tune out

https://archive.org/details/WEFT_Sessions_-_Snayl
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:33 PM 02-16-2018
The Marvelous Three

Buddy of mine turned me onto them in college. They probably don't age well, but I still dig them. Might be nostalgia.

[Reply]
MahiMike 09:35 PM 02-16-2018
April Wine
[Reply]
TimBone 09:44 PM 02-16-2018
Bone Thugs -n- Harmony
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:45 PM 02-16-2018
The Replacements
Roxy Music
Big Dipper
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:56 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Bone Thugs -n- Harmony
Bands I haven't heard of in 20 years for 100, Alex.
[Reply]
TimBone 09:57 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Bands I haven't heard of in 20 years for 100, Alex.
Damn. I know you're my age, but I'm honestly surprised you heard of them at all. Surely you didn't listen to them, did you?
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 09:59 PM 02-16-2018
Since I'm a metal head (hence the Rockaholic name, although as I've aged I've turned more into Metalholic)

Mudvayne

Emmure

Sevendust

Nothing More

Wage War

Fire From The Gods

Beartooth

Slaves

I could literally go on all night.

[Reply]
Cornstock 10:02 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If we were back in the heyday of Myspace, I'd have at least two dozen posts for you... but the extent of my new music repetoire would probably rest here, with Greta Van Fleet

I've become a big fan of these guys, their sound is very Led Zeppelin-y. The lead singer has uncanny resemblance to Robert Plant in his vocals.

Their newest album is much better than their last from a technical perspective, the lead guitar is clearly trying to capture his inner Jimmy Page.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:03 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Damn. I know you're my age, but I'm honestly surprised you heard of them at all. Surely you didn't listen to them, did you?
My cunt sister did. I've spent my entire life doing whatever is diametrically opposite of whatever the fuck she does.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:04 PM 02-16-2018
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:19 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Cornstock:
I've become a big fan of these guys, their sound is very Led Zeppelin-y. The lead singer has uncanny resemblance to Robert Plant in his vocals.

Their newest album is much better than their last from a technical perspective, the lead guitar is clearly trying to capture his inner Jimmy Page.
The really cool thing about those guys, having read several interviews... is that they never set out to be Led Zeppelin

But the band itself just had that love for old school blues rock, then they added that singer... and it naturally morphed into a Zep II thing, even if they kinda try to downplay it during interviews

Compared to what passes as 'rock n roll' these days, I love them... their hearts in the right place for sure

The coolest part isnt that they're doing it, its that there is still an audience for great rock like that... it gives me faith in our youngsters
[Reply]
Cornstock 10:24 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The really cool thing about those guys, having read several interviews... is that they never set out to be Led Zeppelin

But the band itself just had that love for old school blues rock, then they added that singer... and it naturally morphed into a Zep II thing, even if they kinda try to downplay it during interviews

Compared to what passes as 'rock n roll' these days, I love them... their hearts in the right place for sure
I was at the gym the first time I heard them come on, I heard what sounded like the trademark Robert Plant wail. I dropped what I was doing to Shazam them, thinking it was a Zep song I had miraculously never heard before.

You're exactly right, their heart's in the right place. It's not like some cheap imitation. They're pulling from the same blues rock influences Zep did, and they do a great job. Just coincidence in the vocals
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:27 PM 02-16-2018
The Strawbs
Wishbone Ash
Ambrosia
Anathema
Camel
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:32 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Cornstock:
I was at the gym the first time I heard them come on, I heard what sounded like the trademark Robert Plant wail. I dropped what I was doing to Shazam them, thinking it was a Zep song I had miraculously never heard before.

You're exactly right, their heart's in the right place. It's not like some cheap imitation. They're pulling from the same blues rock influences Zep did, and they do a great job. Just coincidence in the vocals
Were it not for NZoner, I likely still wouldnt know about them

All Hail NZoner... :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up