Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
TRR 07:06 PM 02-16-2018
1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
[Reply]
RunKC 07:42 AM 02-17-2018
The guy had 6 INT’s and over 40 passes defended in 2015 and 2016. That’s worlds better than every corner we have after Peters/Fuller. And that was in a shit defense with a shit coaching staff.

This is a quality low risk move. He’s good depth and we desperately need that.
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The guy had 6 INT’s and over 40 passes defended in 2015 and 2016. That’s worlds better than every corner we have after Peters/Fuller. And that was in a shit defense with a shit coaching staff.

This is a quality low risk move. He’s good depth and we desperately need that.
Yep

They need a few dl and Olb signings like this before the draft and we’re good.

I’m really on the trey burton bandwagon at this moment
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:11 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
is he nice?

[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:39 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
He's not going to be asked to cover top tier WRs in KC like he was in OAK. I think the Chiefs will have him in a more comfortable position to succeed. He can start in a pinch, he's good depth, good insurance policy if a guy gets injured. He has NFL experience so he's not some project draft pick that they don't have time for. On paper he will be covering at best other teams WR2s or WR3 if the season started tomorrow.

Oakland asked a lot out of him, and overpaid for it. The Chiefs, not so much.
In theory I’d agree with you, but until Old Man River decides to matchup Peters against teams’ #1’s, opponents will take advantage of our lesser corners. That secondary system of Sutton’s is so archaic.
[Reply]
oldman 09:19 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t necessarily have high expectations for Amerson— I just don’t see any reason to not like the move. At the very worst, he’s an upgrade over what we’ve had in the 4th or 5th CB role as of late. At the best, he’s a starter who has the luxury of playing with Berry, Peters, and Fuller.

If Nelson ends up starting anyways, there are a lot worse 4th CBs in this league than Amerson.
That's kind of the way I see it. There's a lot of trash we can take out with this move (cough* P Gaines).
[Reply]
TRR 09:43 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by oldman:
That's kind of the way I see it. There's a lot of trash we can take out with this move (cough* P Gaines).
Agree with this. Going into the offseason, KC was amazingly thin at CB after Peters and Nelson. We all knew Revis was gone, and Mitchell/Gaines were free agents and most likely would not be re-signed based on 2017 performance. Veach got a good one in Fuller right away, and saw Amerson as a young player with good experience who could be had on a prove-it/one-year deal that didn’t impact future comp picks based on his recent release. It also frees up draft capital as any CB’s drafted will have some time to evolve in the defense.

A good depth signing. Nothing not to like IMO.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:47 AM 02-17-2018
Well the good thing is he is on a contract year so that means he will be really really good. Hell we should only sign players to one year deals that way they're always on a contract year
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:10 AM 02-17-2018
Welcome aboard bud. This could be a steal if he plays up to his potential.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:41 AM 02-17-2018
I like the signing a lot. I was rooting for it the moment the Raiders released him.

Everyone talks about how talented that Raiders D is and that whole unit, not just Amerson, underachieved.

Hell, even Mack has been regressive two seasons in a row. That's a pretty good indication of coaching issues.

Amerson's measurables stand out, he has fantastic size and straight line speed for the position. He's exactly the kind of guy you take a 1 year flyer on. Don't necessarily think of him as a starter outside, but instead, a replacement for Kenneth Acker/Philip Gaines...and maybe even Terrance Mitchel.
[Reply]
All In 10:41 AM 02-17-2018
Good luck David. I'm sure he will do a good job in KC. Sometimes all that is needed is a change and a fresh start. He made to the NFL. That in itself tells you he is more talented then most who played.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:55 AM 02-17-2018
Amerson on the outside so Fuller can stay in the slot.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:14 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by All In:
Good luck David. I'm sure he will do a good job in KC. Sometimes all that is needed is a change and a fresh start. He made to the NFL. That in itself tells you he is more talented then most who played.
Thats true

Good luck to Phillip in the future also. Sometimes its just not a fit for whatever reason. He definitely has talent
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:18 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Amerson on the outside so Fuller can stay in the slot.
Fuller on the outside in the base defense. Nickel....it will be Fuller in the a lot with either Amerson or Nelson on the outside.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:19 AM 02-17-2018
Great point by former Bears scouting director Greg Gabriel—most good CBs (the top 10-12) for the past handful of years all get selected in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Teams know how valuable they are and can’t wait for them in the mid rounds.

With Veach already acquiring Fuller and Amerson, it just gives us some freedom in the draft. We don’t have to reach for a CB with one of those first two picks because right now we’ve got 4 guys who could start at least serviceably, probably.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:32 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Fuller on the outside in the base defense. Nickel....it will be Fuller in the a lot with either Amerson or Nelson on the outside.
We play a lot of zone on 3rd down. Amerson is a much better player playing in front of everything.

He should be a nice fit in those situations.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up