« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
TRR 07:06 PM 02-16-2018
1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:48 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
He had a decent season in 2016. Woo. That's it.
It's a 2.5 mil base. Not sure why your pussy is exactly throbbing.

Oakland handled their corners terribly, ask Sean Smith.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:49 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It's a 2.5 mil base. Not sure why your pussy is exactly throbbing.

Oakland handled their corners terribly, ask Sean Smith.
I don't give a **** what a corner is making money wise. Will he hurt the team? Yes, then **** him. Amerson sucks.

Is your pussy open for any corner cock that wants to pound it? Because Amerson is just a random dick, faggot.
[Reply]
Nickhead 10:50 PM 02-16-2018
soooooooooo, does this mean there is no chance the chiefs pursue fullers brother? :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:54 PM 02-16-2018
I've kinda skimmed the thread and noticed you had a lot to say is all. I just want you to temper the expectations with him. Be excited for Fuller, yes. But Amerson, nah. Make him prove it before any kind of hope.
I don’t necessarily have high expectations for Amerson— I just don’t see any reason to not like the move. At the very worst, he’s an upgrade over what we’ve had in the 4th or 5th CB role as of late. At the best, he’s a starter who has the luxury of playing with Berry, Peters, and Fuller.

If Nelson ends up starting anyways, there are a lot worse 4th CBs in this league than Amerson.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:58 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t necessarily have high expectations for Amerson— I just don’t see any reason to not like the move. At the very worst, he’s an upgrade over what we’ve had in the 4th or 5th CB role as of late. At the best, he’s a starter who has the luxury of playing with Berry, Peters, and Fuller.

If Nelson ends up starting anyways, there are a lot worse 4th CBs in this league than Amerson.
Yep, you're right. I don't even think he'd beat Nelson anyways. To me, I don't like the move because I just don't care about it. And it's like Gaines to me. Gaines could be free, but I still can't stand him because he's horrible. It has nothing to do with the money to me. It's about if he'll hurt the team on the field, and Amerson has a history of hurting teams, especially getting beat deep. I hope we draft another CB and Amerson doesn't even make the team.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:58 PM 02-16-2018
Quality depth signing. Low risk chance for a decent reward.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:00 PM 02-16-2018
He had a decent season in 2016. Woo. That's it.
Jack Del Rios coaching staff was a damn joke, you're being needlessly negative

No one is promising Amerson is the next Sean Smith, but all of the relevant markers are there to say he is a safer bet than many, particularly some rookie
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:03 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Jack Del Rios coaching staff was a damn joke, you're being needlessly negative

No one is promising Amerson is the next Sean Smith, but all of the relevant markers are there to say he is a safer bet than many, particularly some rookie
I've been following Amerson since NC State. He was not good there either. He put up great measurables and profited off of it. He's a bad football player. End of story to me.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:10 PM 02-16-2018
“You know what? You gotta get a guy like [Hue] players. And you know what, I'll come straight out with it, the guys who were here before and that system, they didn't get real players. I think as Bill Parcells would always say, ‘you are your record.’ That's the truth-teller in this whole thing. I'm going to do my darndest to get Hue players. And that's all I can ask for, and that's all I can do. I like the man.”

I keep thinking about this quote from Dorsey shortly after he got the Cleveland gig.

With tons to spend, and mega draft capital, I think Dorsey will be looking to move a number of picks to get bonafide talent that fits his mold. The Browns do not need to get younger. They can package a couple picks to get elite draft talent using their multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders to jump back into the 1st round, but I believe Dorsey will look to add a few solid roster starters/rotational players with some of this capital. Why wouldn’t he look at KC and deal with Veach? KC could recoup some of the draft capital they lost in acquiring Mahomes.

Just my speculation, but Dorsey could be willing to move picks for guys like:
Morse
Conley
Nelson
Ware
West
KPass

I would not be shocked if this materialized, where one or two players get moved for picks so Veach could put his own stamp on the roster. Dorsey gets some of “his guys” still on rookie deals that he invested in.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 11:11 PM 02-16-2018
I liked him his first couple of seasons…seemed like a solid aggresive tackler and decent in coverage.

He has been on some very poor defenses, so he has room to grow in the right role….who knows maybe it will be with KC
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:31 PM 02-16-2018
I've been following Amerson since NC State. He was not good there either. He put up great measurables and profited off of it. He's a bad football player. End of story to me.
This thread has all the hallmarks of something you might not wanna see bumped soon... we'll see :-)
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:41 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This thread has all the hallmarks of something you might not wanna see bumped soon... we'll see :-)
Bump me! Lol. But not after 1 lucky game. Let things add up. He sucks. That's it. I honestly hope he does something to prove me totally wrong. But I've been following this guy long enough. Measurables don't make a football player.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 03:10 AM 02-17-2018
Solid pick up. Worse case he’s better than Gaines was. Best case he’s better than nelson, or fuller
[Reply]
tmax63 06:47 AM 02-17-2018
He's better than what the Chiefs have at the bottom of the CB/DB depth chart so it looks okay to my eyes. Not much money spent and they improve the floor level of talent. Not every signee is going to be a starter or have a big impact starting day 1.
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:41 AM 02-17-2018
He's not going to be asked to cover top tier WRs in KC like he was in OAK. I think the Chiefs will have him in a more comfortable position to succeed. He can start in a pinch, he's good depth, good insurance policy if a guy gets injured. He has NFL experience so he's not some project draft pick that they don't have time for. On paper he will be covering at best other teams WR2s or WR3 if the season started tomorrow.

Oakland asked a lot out of him, and overpaid for it. The Chiefs, not so much.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up