« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
TRR 07:06 PM 02-16-2018
1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:30 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
TE is one of the deepest positions in this draft. I would love to get one in the mid rounds.
Right but will a TE in the late 3rd or 4th be as valuable to the Chiefs as a defensive lineman or ILBer?
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:33 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Solid pick up. Worse case he’s better than Gaines was. Best case he’s better than nelson, or fuller
A potted plant is better than Gaines.
We could have signed one to a 1-year deal for a lot less than Amerson.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:44 PM 02-17-2018
TE is one of the deepest positions in this draft. I would love to get one in the mid rounds.
84 hasn't dropped a pass from Mahomes yet. we need to draft Defense.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:45 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
84 hasn't dropped a pass from Mahomes yet. we need to draft Defense.
Also we need to draft that punter out of Texas. Gonna take a 4th to get him
[Reply]
RunKC 01:48 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Right but will a TE in the late 3rd or 4th be as valuable to the Chiefs as a defensive lineman or ILBer?
I would be surprised if Veach lets KPL go. He’s clearly going for speed and youth and that is exactly what KPL provides. He’s one of the most athletic ILB’s in the league at 26. I just don’t think you find that kind of player in the draft in the late 2nd rd or later.
I’m happy with Ragland, KPL and Eligwe (who I really liked when I saw him).

I have a feeling that if Veach spends any money next month, it will be on the DL. It’s only Bailey, Jones and Nacho from last years squad. That’s it (Justin Hamilton is fodder IMO). And at this point, Bailey might see his way out of town.

If I’m looking for an immediate impact at a position of need, I’m looking for a versatile complete TE.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:57 PM 02-17-2018
I'm all for drafting a TE, but if we do its going to be pretty late, thus more of a project.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:00 PM 02-17-2018
If I’m looking for an immediate impact at a position of need, I’m looking for a versatile complete TE.
I just don't think that's necessary at all and IMO, it's a luxury the Chiefs can't afford.

I mean, if Alex Smith can throw for 4,000+ yards in 15 games with Hill, Kelce, Hunt, Conley, Wilson, et al, shouldn't Mahomes be expected to throw for at least 4,500+ with the same cast of characters?

I don't want the Chiefs to take a Left Guard in the 2nd or 3rd round but that's a much, much bigger need than a 2nd/3rd TE, IMO.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:02 PM 02-17-2018
Mahomes will throw 30 tds this year. He will eclipse all Alex stats. Book it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:04 PM 02-17-2018
I wouldn’t consider drafting any offensive players on day 2.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:31 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I just don't think that's necessary at all and IMO, it's a luxury the Chiefs can't afford.

I mean, if Alex Smith can throw for 4,000+ yards in 15 games with Hill, Kelce, Hunt, Conley, Wilson, et al, shouldn't Mahomes be expected to throw for at least 4,500+ with the same cast of characters?

I don't want the Chiefs to take a Left Guard in the 2nd or 3rd round but that's a much, much bigger need than a 2nd/3rd TE, IMO.
I think we could buy low on a guy like Virgil Green who is a good blocker, something we desperately need.

I’m fine with going defense heavy, but DL is the one position we have got to fill next month. I don’t expect any drafted DL outside of the top 50 picks to come in and start day 1. They can absolutely be a rotational guy year 1, but the truth of the matter is we are very thin at the position and lack talent. We really need to add some beef up front and get a couple guys who are ready to start week 1.

Ideally I’d like Veach to sign 2 DL next month and draft another in round 3. At this point I’m really liking our options for a safety in rd 2.
[Reply]
jspchief 02:36 PM 02-17-2018
Really don't see a need for a TE at all. Those 3 TE sets were largely ineffective after teams got some film on them. TEs don't make teams win Superbowls. Kelce is good enough that the rest of the TE position should be an afterthought.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:43 PM 02-17-2018
Seems like a good signing for the price, hopefully he performs to his potential and we still grab a star CB.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:02 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Mahomes will throw 30 tds this year. He will eclipse all Alex stats. Book it.
Smith is gone, let it go. Everyone complained because AlexFans brought him up in every thread yet you keep doing it now that he's gone. smh
[Reply]
JakeF 03:05 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn’t consider drafting any offensive players on day 2.
We need a TE and a WR in FA or the draft. Defense is definitely the priority this offseason though.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:13 PM 02-17-2018
No way should we waste a high pick on a fucking back up tight end.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up