ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 21
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Intermittent Fasting
MrGiggity 04:04 AM 02-04-2018
Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:23 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Yep, If I'm doing 16:8, I generally don't gain any weight, regardless of what I eat. I can really slim down doing it if I eat well.
I have been using this since right after Christmas, and have dropped at least 12 pounds. I don't know what my high weight was, but it was probably 232 at least, if not 235. I am now at 220 and dropping. Minimal exercise at this time too. When the weather warms up... March or April, I plan to add a bit of walking/jogging eventually into my routine... but I am hoping I am nearing the 200 mark by that point in time. I'm shooting to get down to the 185-190 range, and then hold it by staying on the 16:8 once I get there.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:00 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
When the weather warms up... March or April, I plan to add a bit of walking/jogging eventually into my routine...
Why wait?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:07 PM 02-04-2018
I'm doing the same diet as lewdog ,except with Vodka.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:11 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'm doing the same diet as lewdog ,except with Vodka.
My uncle lost 130 pounds eating nothing but green beans and drinking beer everyday.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:18 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
I am back on the Keto Diet.... Very similar to Atkins. My blood glucose numbers have went up and I need to drop about 30 lbs as well. After about 8 days being on it my BG numbers are close to normal

Dr. Berg on Youtube... look him up
Ive heard many good things about this Dr. Berg on you tube. On the other hand, I`m old enough to have seen so many fads and diets come and go that I am more convinced than ever they are all marketing gimmicks to make some folks very wealthy. In the end, it is calories in, calories out. Everything is fine but keep it in moderation. Weight loss needed? Eat less. Want to feel more energy? Get out and move a little whether it be walking, jogging, running, biking or swimming or whatever. Key word is MODERATION. Unfortunately most of us, me included, go overboard most of the time with the wrong foods or drinks.

The one and only diet that worked best for weight loss for me was the "Throat cancer weight loss diet" lol.......If you dont eat very much for roughly 4 months, you`ll lose about 40-50 lbs garaunteed haha. I`ve gained half of that back now and want to hold it where I am today.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:28 PM 02-04-2018
I like to fast for 2, maybe 3 hrs max.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:29 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Why wait?
I go to work before sunup, and get home not long before sundown. Waiting for it to warm up a bit too! Too lazy to walk in the dark and cold! :-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:18 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Also, fasting then eating a bunch wouldn't be good for your insulin levels I wouldn't think. I had always read eating small meals very often was the absolute best way to have the least amount of fat storage and to maintain the best insulin levels. Why would this not be accurate?
I can tell you my Dr. would freak if I tried doing the fasting bit....what I have bolded above is what he told me would be best for me being a type 2 diabetic.

Following his instructions I have lost 54 lbs.....taken my A1C down, and maintained a blood sugar level in the 80's.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:09 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Ive heard many good things about this Dr. Berg on you tube. On the other hand, I`m old enough to have seen so many fads and diets come and go that I am more convinced than ever they are all marketing gimmicks to make some folks very wealthy. In the end, it is calories in, calories out. Everything is fine but keep it in moderation. Weight loss needed? Eat less. Want to feel more energy? Get out and move a little whether it be walking, jogging, running, biking or swimming or whatever. Key word is MODERATION. Unfortunately most of us, me included, go overboard most of the time with the wrong foods or drinks.

The one and only diet that worked best for weight loss for me was the "Throat cancer weight loss diet" lol.......If you dont eat very much for roughly 4 months, you`ll lose about 40-50 lbs garaunteed haha. I`ve gained half of that back now and want to hold it where I am today.
It's basically Atkins with more green veggies ... Don't count calories, put your body in ketosis and the weight will melt away... Sure you can lose weight starving all the time but you are also more likely to quit than on this way of eating... Dump the potatoes and bread and sugar or anything that turns to sugars (carbs) in your system... Get your limited carbs from low carb green veggies (see glycemic index ) and you have no other choice but lose weight... I have to go low carb because I am diabetic, I can't eat those breads , oatmeal and stuff like that , they jack my Blood Glucose up.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:17 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
It's basically Atkins with more green veggies ... Don't count calories, put your body in ketosis and the weight will melt away... Sure you can lose weight starving all the time but you are also more likely to quit than on this way of eating... Dump the potatoes and bread and sugar or anything that turns to sugars (carbs) in your system... Get your limited carbs from low carb green veggies (see glycemic index ) and you have no other choice but lose weight... I have to go low carb because I am diabetic, I can't eat those breads , oatmeal and stuff like that , they jack my Blood Glucose up.
Yep, and your hunger melts away. My problem is I like beer so I'll do Keto for 30 days and doing great but then I have some beer and then two weeks later I'm still on beer . the cycles suck. So again I'm starting Keto tomorrow. Always after football season.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:26 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Yep, and your hunger melts away. My problem is I like beer so I'll do Keto for 30 days and doing great but then I have some beer and then two weeks later I'm still on beer . the cycles suck. So again I'm starting Keto tomorrow. Always after football season.
I know I love beer too but I am taking a hiatus from it... I got lazy with my Blood Glucose numbers and don't want to be a ticking time bomb... This shit killed my Mom, she got so bad she had a toe amputated in the Dr's office that was so dead they didn't even have to numb her foot... Even though I have had the shit for 11 years, I have suffered no complications from it to date
[Reply]
cdcox 02-04-2018, 08:04 PM
This message has been deleted by cdcox.
kjwood75nro 09:30 PM 02-04-2018
Facesitting should always be done intermittently.
[Reply]
MrGiggity 05:21 AM 02-06-2018
Day one down. Lost 2.8 pounds. Realize this is mainly water weight.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:52 AM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by MrGiggity:
Day one down. Lost 2.8 pounds. Realize this is mainly water weight.
When I fast for a whole day I'm not really even hungry the next morning. Usually that afternoon a little.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:07 AM 02-06-2018
How is the sugar free/white Monster considered during IF? I gotta have some caffeine in the morning and I'm not a fan of warm/hot drinks like black coffee.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 21
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up