ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Biggest need: DL
RunKC 10:07 AM 01-08-2018
Let’s talk about this position. Chris Jones is an obvious stud. Ideally we keep Bennie Logan at a reduced price. Allen Bailey either needs to take a big paycut or be given a pink slip.

Due to this years sub par FA class, I’ll start bringing up guys in the draft that I would love.

Here is my number 1 DL at this time: Harrison Phillips from Stanford.

6’4”
300 lbs

2016-6.5 sacks
2017-7 sacks

He’s also a damn good run stuffer...

[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:45 PM 01-11-2018
Take Lotulelei in the late 4th and you're set.
[Reply]
bevischief 04:58 AM 01-12-2018
A brain
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:03 AM 01-12-2018
This is a year where you can put offense behind defense, not ignore it, but really put your eggs into the defense basket. I think you have to nail down Pass Rusher first, it's almost like QB that until you get a great one, you have to at least try to seal up that position. Unfortunately the last one we drafted has been a bust with only maybe half a season to show on a highlight reel in Dee Ford. I think you go Pass Rusher first, then start solidifying DLine, LB's and Secondary. Or OLine if you have some opportune picks.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:23 PM 01-12-2018
OLB is the biggest need on D right now

Houston had a down yr
Hali will retire
Ford sucks, 1 dimensional at best, cant stay healthy either
KPass is still very raw

Wtf can the Chiefs really count on at this position other than a Houston thats a shell of his former self pre injury?

CB is probably 2nd biggest need but a good passrush can make avg JAG corners look legit.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:54 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
OLB is the biggest need on D right now

Houston had a down yr
Hali will retire
Ford sucks, 1 dimensional at best, cant stay healthy either
KPass is still very raw

Wtf can the Chiefs really count on at this position other than a Houston thats a shell of his former self pre injury?

CB is probably 2nd biggest need but a good passrush can make avg JAG corners look legit.
That's not really true when teams just do the 3 step drop quick fire to the side Peters isn't on.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:49 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hope they get Pennel bc he could solve our NT problem for 3-4 years, but he was the reason why NYJ will move on from Muhammed Wilkerson, so we might not be able to get him.

Honestly at this point they need to just draft any defensive player that is the highest on the board. We could use an upgrade at literally any position at this point.
I say definitely just take BPA. Because even at safety, you've got Parker aging and Berry coming off of an Achilles. We saw how much it hurt the defense having him out.

CB is a need. ILB is a need. Edge rusher. Interior.

I'd be just fine with taking the best defensive player available every single round if they do that.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:57 AM 01-13-2018
Hope they get Pennel bc he could solve our NT problem for 3-4 years, but he was the reason why NYJ will move on from Muhammed Wilkerson, so we might not be able to get him.

Honestly at this point they need to just draft any defensive player that is the highest on the board. We could use an upgrade at literally any position at this point.
Pennel is an RFA iirc, so that's probably the biggest hurdle. Also a reason I've fallen off Justin Coleman at CB.
[Reply]
nbarone007 05:45 PM 01-13-2018
Can't have garbage at OLB when your entire DL is comprised of 2-down players. We have absolutely no pass rush to speak of.

We need to aggressively attack the DL/OLB in free agency. We need to draft guys that can rush the passer.

Don't draft guys that are projects and need to change positions. Draft guys that can get to the quarterback.

Go after guys like Shaq Barrett and Kareem Martin in FA. One promising young FA and another solid jack of all trades guy that would be a massive upgrade over Zombo.

Berry back obviously helps the D in all areas and upgrading over Sorenson/Murray with a guy like Eric Reid would be superb.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:20 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
They need a legit #2 wr and another ILB

Probably 2 corners and some dl
I don't think they can afford to spend capital on a WR. They need to fix 1-2 spots on the front 7 and get a CB. WR isn't a need compared to any of that.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:43 PM 01-14-2018
I'm definitely on board with the idea of loading up the DL and OLB positions. I just look at teams like the Eagles, Jags, Vikings... they are so deep and talented on their fronts.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:16 AM 01-16-2018
Pretty sure if I could turn Alex Smith into Roquan Smith I'd have to go ahead and turn the draft off cause I'd be spent.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:20 PM 01-17-2018
I’d give my left nut for Vita Vea.

I’d settle for Phillips with our original 2nd and a corner like McFadden with whatever pick we get for Alex.

Plent of DL I’d be happy with in the 2nd though. This class is pretty stacked IMO, at least at the top.

Phillips, Ejiofor, Bryan, McIntosh, Nnadi to name a few that could be available on day 2. I think DL and either CB or OLB in the 2nd seems ideal. Then whichever one we don’t get in the 3rd.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:38 PM 01-19-2018
Let’s talk about this position. Chris Jones is an obvious stud. Ideally we keep Bennie Logan at a reduced price. Allen Bailey either needs to take a big paycut or be given a pink slip.

Due to this years sub par FA class, I’ll start bringing up guys in the draft that I would love.

Here is my number 1 DL at this time: Harrison Phillips from Stanford.

6’4”
300 lbs

2016-6.5 sacks
2017-7 sacks

He’s also a damn good run stuffer...

Welp. Daniel Jeremiah has Harrison Phillips as a 1st rd pick. So much for that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:52 PM 01-19-2018
Welp. Daniel Jeremiah has Harrison Phillips as a 1st rd pick. So much for that.
KC in the 1st round with the trade compensation for Alex, and what they'll do with Peters with Marcus being a PR and distraction liability going to be interesting.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:09 PM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
KC in the 1st round with the trade compensation for Alex, and what they'll do with Peters with Marcus being a PR and distraction liability going to be interesting.
I would imagine/hope that Peters is not a thought in their mind.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up