ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 57
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:18 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There are a variety of reasons as to why this might actually happen.

1) Coaching staff may be fed up with the antics
2) FO may not want to fork over $16M+ per year to him given said antics
3) Middlekauff has stated he has heard there will be some huge moves made trade wise in the coming weeks
4) Can likely get great compensation from someone
5) Tons of corner talent available in free agency and the top two rounds of the draft
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:33 PM 02-18-2018
Benjamin Allbright shot down any potential trade rumors. Asked if there were any legs to it, he simply said “none.”
[Reply]
O.city 01:37 PM 02-18-2018
Defense needs an overhaul so let’s trade our best young defensive player on his rookie deal who also happens to play one of the most important positions in the game

Seems like it would be the wise thing to do
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:37 PM 02-18-2018
Florio is fishing for clicks
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:38 PM 02-18-2018
Is there any other fanbase that would have this many clowns that were OK with trading away the teams best defensive player?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:48 PM 02-18-2018
Didn’t those dumb fucks say we were cutting Houston 2 weeks ago?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:57 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Didn’t those dumb ****s say we were cutting Houston 2 weeks ago?
I’d forgot about that. Damn, Florio really is just click-baiting.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:58 PM 02-18-2018
If Dorsey wanted to fork over #4 overall I might be inclined to listen.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:06 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Defense needs an overhaul so let’s trade our best young defensive player on his rookie deal who also happens to play one of the most important positions in the game

Seems like it would be the wise thing to do
Can’t wait for the crying when he wants $18 million per, holds out, continues to act like a dick and throw his team/teammates under the bus. Peters is uber talented and a difference maker, but he does not merit carte blanche.

If a high 1st rounder or multiple high 2nd rounders (ala Cleveland) get offered, you listen. The defense needs overhauling. You give to get.
[Reply]
O.city 02:13 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Can’t wait for the crying when he wants $18 million per, holds out, continues to act like a dick and throw his team/teammates under the bus. Peters is uber talented and a difference maker, but he does not merit carte blanche.

If a high 1st rounder or multiple high 2nd rounders (ala Cleveland) get offered, you listen. The defense needs overhauling. You give to get.
When did he throw his teammates under the bus?

A defense that needs to get better is gonna get better trading a way a difference maker on a rookie deal. Sounds about right
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:23 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
When did he throw his teammates under the bus?

A defense that needs to get better is gonna get better trading a way a difference maker on a rookie deal. Sounds about right
Little time left on a rookie deal for a player who will command huge dollars on the open market and will be good as gone. You throw teammates under the bus by taking selfish penalties and opting out of tackling...

IF someone proposes a huge return for Peters, you consider it given the team’s cap situation (present and future), along with overall talent deficiency.

Nobody is saying it will happen, but why not prepare for an opportunity if it arises?
[Reply]
KranzDictum 02:32 PM 02-18-2018
The thing that would worry me if I were a chef fan is that Amerson's deal is built to expand from $2+Mill up to nearly $6Mill, that is close to starting money.

I still think the addition of Fuller and Amerson is to upgrade the poor depth at the #2 and #3 CB spots but if they brought those guys in to take over for the #1 and #2 positions then the rumor makes sense.

The article brings up one instance last year but Peters has a history of losing his cool on the sidelines, the Chicago loss about 2 years ago comes to mind, I know there were other times he lost his cool and was flagged for it. Then there were the time(s) where he left the locker room before the press got there and the fact he was talking trash up 24-3 vs the Titans weren't good looks either.

They know what they were getting into when they drafted him, doesn't surprise me we are still talking about his behavior this far into his career.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:34 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
The thing that would worry me if I were a chef fan is that Amerson's deal is built to expand from $2+Mill up to nearly $6Mill, that is close to starting money.

I still think the addition of Fuller and Amerson is to upgrade the poor depth at the #2 and #3 CB spots but if they brought those guys in to take over for the #1 and #2 positions then the rumor makes sense.

The article brings up one instance last year but Peters has a history of losing his cool on the sidelines, the Chicago loss about 2 years ago comes to mind, I know there were other times he lost his cool and was flagged for it. Then there were the time(s) where he left the locker room before the press got there and the fact he was talking trash up 24-3 vs the Titans weren't good looks either.

They know what they were getting into when they drafted him, doesn't surprise me we are still talking about his behavior this far into his career.
This fucking moron still doesn’t know what incentives are
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:36 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Didn’t those dumb ****s say we were cutting Houston 2 weeks ago?
Speaking of Houston, I've pondered my thoughts on him since those goofy reports came out and I'm convinced he has a huge season this year. Several reasons why.

1) Another full offseason removed from injury.
2) He could be very motivated, as this season is essentially a contract year. He won't stay for his price tag in 2019 if he isn't highly productive.
3) Vastly improved secondary. We gave our pass rush little to no time to rush the QB often times last year.
4) Major improvement across from him over Zombo. Even if its Ford, or KPass stepping up, it will be a boost.
5) I don't think he drops in coverage nearly as much given the reports that Sutton wanted to pressure more but didn't trust his personnel in the secondary enough to do so.

Call me a homer, but I think Houston balls out big time in 2018.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:37 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’d forgot about that. Damn, Florio really is just click-baiting.
Wasnt it also Florio who first said Sutton was retiring?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 57
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up