ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 57
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
Black Bob 09:19 AM 12-10-2017
This isn't going to work out with Peters. Not sure it will work out with Kelce either. Neither seem to be team first guys. I don't think either will be chiefs for life and I'm Good with it.

Doing the crap peters has done is not good for the team any way you spin It. He just really needs to get his ass kicked and maybe he would change? I Hope it comes to that if his attitude continues. Where you at Justin Houston? Beat him to a pulp and video him crying after. The crying will happen for sure. Things will change after that.
[Reply]
wazu 09:24 AM 12-10-2017
Marcus Peters defines the term “team cancer”.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:35 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
This isn't going to work out with Peters. Not sure it will work out with Kelce either. Neither seem to be team first guys. I don't think either will be chiefs for life and I'm Good with it.

Doing the crap peters has done is not good for the team any way you spin It. He just really needs to get his ass kicked and maybe he would change? I Hope it comes to that if his attitude continues. Where you at Justin Houston? Beat him to a pulp and video him crying after. The crying will happen for sure. Things will change after that.
Yeah, "where's the leadership?" is a good question.

This kind of thing doesn't happen in New England, or Pittsburgh, or other places with long term winning traditions.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:47 AM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Tom Brady screams at coach on national TV for the 2nd time: no prob guys!
Marcus Peters screams at a coach on a bus: character flag.
Has Brady ever thrown a ref's penalty flag into the stands and then walk off the field smiling with time still remaining into the locker room during a game? Marcus Peter's conduct was detrimental to the team. MP needs to be traded before the next episode happens in Kansas City.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:29 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Another stupid as fuck football take from Bob.

Kelce is not a selfish player and he already signed through 2021. He signed a 5 year extension this off season.

You don't have the market on bad football takes cornered but you certainly are one of the biggest sellers.
[Reply]
FringeNC 12:48 PM 12-11-2017
Hopefully, Peters will play well enough down the stretch that he has some trade value.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:59 PM 12-11-2017
I'm still shaking with anger at the "Berry isn't good" hot take.

Set your nuts on fire and put it out with gasoline.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:59 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
They'll be fielding offers in March for both Peters and Alex Smith.

Cleveland sounds like a great place for both of them.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:59 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Bwana:
He's an embarrassment. Trade his sorry ass to Cleveland in the off season.

Great minds.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:06 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Great minds.
Well Cleveland is the abyss, so I think that would be a great fit. :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:19 PM 01-07-2018
Apparently Peters got into it with a Chiefs PR guy after the game. Reid was asked about it at his press conference. Seems like it was pretty a pretty heated exchange...

Link to the press conference, he's asked about it at 17:22.

http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...f-6d97c29d615e
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:24 PM 01-07-2018
Fuck Peter's and get him gone. He won't stay here anyway being a Cali hood rat. He can walk with Smith and Hali and Houston. Get the fuck out! Clean up our money issues and get better with youth.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:39 PM 01-07-2018
I do care about how Peters acted in the Giants game. I don't care, although there is a line, how he acted after a game like last night.

I'm fine with Peters being here unless we can get some crazy return for him. We shouldn't be moving him for the sake of doing it. That's crazy IMO.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:45 PM 01-07-2018
As long as Peters isn't hurting the team, via penalties on the field or off-field issues that would result in suspension etc, I dont really care how big of an asshole he is, esp to PR guys or media. Has no effect on me as a fan. As long as he's making plays on defense he's good in my book. IMO you have to earn your right to be an asshole. If you play like ass and want to be an asshole and throw flags and take swings at players or whatever the case may be, then expect to get called out.
[Reply]
Bewbies 07:47 PM 01-07-2018
We’d win more if we had more guys on this team who wanted to win as much as he does.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 57
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up