ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 57
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:57 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Berry is a leader. Quit being overdramatic with the Reid comment. Leadership has been lacking since the Herm years...
Berry? He's just another in a long line of guys who aren't good enough to get the job done.

Reid deserves to be viewed critically in this entire scenario. In my opinion he lost this team in the same manner Marty lost his last team. By not drafting and developing their own leaders in the locker room.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:21 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
Do tell us how you know this or is this song in your head because you want it to be. It sounds is nothing more than a wild hair.
The article in the other thread said that hunt at one point asked him to stop and explained why so he stopped. There are plenty of interviews where Reid has said Peters asked him permission to kneel,and Reid allowed it
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:25 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Berry? He's just another in a long line of guys who aren't good enough to get the job done.

Reid deserves to be viewed critically in this entire scenario. In my opinion he lost this team in the same manner Marty lost his last team. By not drafting and developing their own leaders in the locker room.
Berry is a Pro Bowl player and arguably the best safety in the league when healthy. To say he is not good enough to get the job done is idiotic and shows how much of an idiot you are.

It's a team game. You can't expect Berry to play every position on defense. He absolutely is good enough to win a SB.
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:18 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
Peters isn't producing. If you're gonna act like that, you better be performing at a very high level

He hasn't
HE IS PRODUCING. THEY rarely throw his way. Which means he's doing his job. we already know he's not a physical player, but he's not getting thrown at that much.
[Reply]
tooge 11:36 PM 12-09-2017
The body rots from the head down.

Look at Reid's family situation over the years. The guy coddles and then can't deal with spoiled kids/players. It's sad really. Peterson was a mess coming out of college. He needs a Belichick sort of coach, not a Reid coach.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:02 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by TLO:
I wonder who comes up with the exact number for these fines?
The person that does that determines his salary.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 12:05 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by Red Beans:
No it's not. Their pro football players.Their interactions with coaches may differ based on position, years on the team, etc. But the tone of human to human interactions shouldn't be vary. A person who is with a company 25 years shouldn't be able to scream at their boss any more than a second day mailroom grunt. It's a double standard however you look at it.
Josh McDaniels isn't Tom Brady's boss. He's Tom Brady's bitch. Tom can do whatever he wants. The only boss Brady has is Belichick and even that's debatable. Also, learn your their, they're, and there's. Black beans are better than red beans.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:12 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Not defending Marcus Peters, but the outrage shouldn't just be directed at him.
HAVE you seen an Alex Smith thread!?
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:14 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Last time I openly called out Peters for his weaknesses on the field I was told I'm high on bath salts. After about 4 more weeks of it, maybe I'm not that high after all now am I.

He's weak. He's physically and mentally weak. If I were his teammate on defense, I would have jacked that motherfucker Thomas Jones style by now.

I can't wait for the day he's traded, to be honest. Get me guys in here that care about winning.
You’re high on bath salts, aren’t you? :-)
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:17 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
This wouldn't bother me if it were an isolated incident. Emotions run high on teams that are circling the drain like the Chiefs are, there's probably finger-pointing going on in the locker room, there are probably arguments that happen that the public never knows about. But since this is part of a degenerative pattern with Peters this year, it's concerning.

Players like this really need some leadership, from the coaching staff, veterans, someone - but it seems there is none to be found.
58,000 posts and I’ve never seen your name. You must’ve been ousted for speaking sensically. Thank you.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:27 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I haven't seen any indication that Peters is a criminal.

Just a overly emotional guy who has complete meltdowns.
Oh see, it’s called a hypothetical situation. He is saying that if Peters were to find himself in front of a judge, as a criminal, he would probably (based upon the evidence presented) act in a less than favorable manner. Marcus Peters seems to care less about self-control and outward perception than, that which his peers, and most humans alive, consider to be adequate.

I doubt he is calling him a criminal, but more placing him in a life-altering situation, and suggesting that he would act discriminatorily towards himself.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:31 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Not defending Marcus Peters, but the outrage shouldn't just be directed at him.
So you need attention is what you’re saying?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:30 AM 12-10-2017
They ain't throwing Peters way but they sure are running his way which is apart of his job.
[Reply]
threebag 01:37 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Tom Brady screams at coach on national TV for the 2nd time: no prob guys!
Marcus Peters screams at a coach on a bus: character flag.

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
When you're the greatest of all time you can do whatever you want in the heat of a game. This is a stupid comparison and you know it.
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Yes, totally the same.

:-)
Is it just me or does it seem RunKC has come down with a case of the Clay'ds?
[Reply]
kccrow 02:45 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
You’re high on bath salts, aren’t you? :-)
:-) yes? lol
[Reply]
Page 5 of 57
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up