ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 57
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:58 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
One of the reasons why this Fuller trade was such a big deal is because this defense played its ****ing brains out when Peters had a REAL CB2 playing across from him.

Sean Smith sucks now, but he was doing the stuff we needed him to do in 2015. Since he left, who's the best Peters has had? Steven ****ing Nelson? One or two games of Terrence Mitchell?

A real CB2 opposite Peters is going to make people REALLY see how ****ing valuable he is.
With a little bit of fortune regarding health, they could have one of the best 3-5 secondaries in the NFL next year. Undoubtedly.

Take Peters away, and it’s down to the bottom half of the league easily.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 10:01 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Peters will not sign a long term deal here. Not one thing suggests he will at all. His personality says it all.
You are entitled to your opinion using the first amendment, and I in turn am entitled to say your opinion is retarded
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:15 PM 02-21-2018
Why do you not trade Marcus Peters?
https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/sta...14082099884033
Originally Posted by :
”Per @MoveTheSticks you need 7-8 Blue Chip players to win a Super Bowl.

Blue Chips:
Houston
Berry
Peters
Hunt
Kelce
Hill

Probably Blue Chips:
Fuller
Jones
Schwartz

Potential:
Mahomes
Ragland
Butker

All signed through at least 2019.” - @kent_swanson
And that doesn’t even include whoever they add in the next two draft/FA periods.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:32 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
As I sit here and think about it, I can’t believe that trading Peters is even a thought in Veach’s mind.

I’ve never saw a CB do the things he does on a consistent basis. Never saw a secondary player with the ability to take the ball away like him. And he’s allowed the lowest passer rating in the NFL since arriving in 2015.

Get rid of that guy? Hell no.
Logic + Critical Thinking pretty much annihilate this stupid trade, yes?

Yes.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
One of the reasons why this Fuller trade was such a big deal is because this defense played its fucking brains out when Peters had a REAL CB2 playing across from him.

Sean Smith sucks now, but he was doing the stuff we needed him to do in 2015. Since he left, who's the best Peters has had? Steven fucking Nelson? One or two games of Terrence Mitchell?

A real CB2 opposite Peters is going to make people REALLY see how fucking valuable he is.
Yet even more critical thinking destroys the stupid premise of this imaginary trade.
We did NOT bring in a competent partner to our world-destroying CB, so that we could trade away our world-destroying CB.

Veach is gearing this team up to not only pick up right where we left off, but to surpass the outcome of last season's effort.
The offense is going to look absolutely magical compared to the usual fare of the last 5 years, and the defense is going to get back to creating turnovers which WILL be capitalized upon in the form of TD's while simultaneously feeding off of the winning energy of a true Franchise QB.

Yes, the players and personnel matter to our collective effort but more than that, Veach is working the scales of team-building to create a balanced whole where no one unit can point a finger of blame or a fist of superiority to the other.

I expect to see the most inspired Chiefs football that I will have witnessed since the very best years of the 1990's, and I further contend that this new unit, when completed, will take things farther than any era before them in the modern NFL.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:34 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You're such an idiot.
No, you are for thinking he will. Do you really think Clark will keep this problem around? He tweeted Trump for gods sake and had more than one embarrasing moment that makes the organization look bad. Hes a loose cannon. He is great on the field but thats not enough when there are 52 that need to stay focused.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:39 PM 02-21-2018
No, you are for thinking he will. Do you really think Clark will keep this problem around? He tweeted Trump for gods sake and had more than one embarrasing moment that makes the organization look bad. Hes a loose cannon. He is great on the field but thats not enough when there are 52 that need to stay focused.
Stopped reading after the Trump tweet comment.

If you’re basing your opinion off of politics, then the bias is too strong and unrealistic. If Clark makes decisions based on that same rationale, this franchise is in deep shit.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:06 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Why do you not trade Marcus Peters?
https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/sta...14082099884033

And that doesn’t even include whoever they add in the next two draft/FA periods.
Guy didn’t even list LDT M.D.?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:13 PM 02-21-2018
Oh no. He tweeted Trump. How many people did that kill. How many lives has he ruined? He must be a real bad guy.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:31 PM 02-21-2018
"You're an idiot"

"No you are"

I see you never passed the third grade...

Peters is a beast and I'm truly sorry he hurt your delicate sensibilities, but find another war to fight, this one won't end well for you...

Think before you speak/type...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:29 AM 02-22-2018
"Red Dawg" fan-type says:

"GAWD DAMNIT, WE CAIN'T HAVE TEH cHUNT PAYIN' THAT LOOSE CANNON BLACK MAN A BUNCH O-MONEY, BY GAWD"!!!!

But in the past said:

"BY GAWD WE GOIN' PAY THAT THURE DUI HILLBILLY ALLEN BOY HIS GAWD DAMNED MONEY; BAD BREAKS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE"! "GOOOOOOOOO CHUEFS"!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:30 AM 02-22-2018
Fucking hypocrites. Every last goddamned one of them.
[Reply]
bigjosh 12:46 AM 02-22-2018
Please dont get this Peters thread shipped to DC too. FFS.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:53 AM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Please dont get this Peters thread shipped to DC too. FFS.
Every thought-provoking thread gets shipped to either DC or RR; it's what we've become now.

That said, I'm done stating the obvio-

I mean, "bringing race in to the equation".
[Reply]
bigjosh 01:00 AM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Every thought-provoking thread gets shipped to either DC or RR; it's what we've become to now.

That said, I'm done stating the obvio-

I mean, "bringing race in to the equation".
I wasn't necessarily directing that at you. Just the bullshit over the last few pages.

On a side note, if they trade Marcus Peters then we will all watch Sutton's defense get its shit pushed in worse than ever before.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:17 AM 02-22-2018
just fucking delete posts that go beyond the topic in hand if they are too devisive when it comes to sports :-)
[Reply]
Page 45 of 57
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up