ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 57
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:40 PM 12-09-2017
The Jets ran 80+ offensive plays last week... for Justin Houston to have ZERO tackles with that many opportunities is almost statistically impossible.

Where are the effort questions?

How do you not even get an assisted tackle (Justin Houston also had zero assisted tackles) with the opposing team running 80+ offensive plays?
[Reply]
Bwana 05:41 PM 12-09-2017
He's an embarrassment. Trade his sorry ass to Cleveland in the off season.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:17 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Jets ran 80+ offensive plays last week... for Justin Houston to have ZERO tackles with that many opportunities is almost statistically impossible.

How do you not even get an assisted tackle (Justin Houston also had zero assisted tackles) with the opposing team running 80+ offensive plays?
I guess Justin Houston should be thanking Marcus Peters for being a knucklehead then.
[Reply]
Best22 12-09-2017, 06:19 PM
This message has been deleted by Best22. Reason: Don't like it
Best22 06:20 PM 12-09-2017
Peters isn't producing. If you're gonna act like that, you better be performing at a very high level

He hasn't
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:26 PM 12-09-2017
Someday peters will lip off and yell at the judge during sentencing....and the judge will cast him down with the sodomites.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:01 PM 12-09-2017
This wouldn't bother me if it were an isolated incident. Emotions run high on teams that are circling the drain like the Chiefs are, there's probably finger-pointing going on in the locker room, there are probably arguments that happen that the public never knows about. But since this is part of a degenerative pattern with Peters this year, it's concerning.

Players like this really need some leadership, from the coaching staff, veterans, someone - but it seems there is none to be found.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:05 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
This wouldn't bother me if it were an isolated incident. Emotions run high on teams that are circling the drain like the Chiefs are, there's probably finger-pointing going on in the locker room, there are probably arguments that happen that the public never knows about. But since this is part of a degenerative pattern with Peters this year, it's concerning.

Players like this really need some leadership, from the coaching staff, veterans, someone - but it seems there is none to be found.
...unless he's rejecting it, and mailing it in.
[Reply]
Red Beans 08:22 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
When you're the greatest of all time you can do whatever you want in the heat of a game. This is a stupid comparison and you know it.
No it's not. Their pro football players.Their interactions with coaches may differ based on position, years on the team, etc. But the tone of human to human interactions shouldn't be vary. A person who is with a company 25 years shouldn't be able to scream at their boss any more than a second day mailroom grunt. It's a double standard however you look at it.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:23 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Someday peters will lip off and yell at the judge during sentencing....and the judge will cast him down with the sodomites.
I haven't seen any indication that Peters is a criminal.

Just a overly emotional guy who has complete meltdowns.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:42 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Houston is injured, plain and simple.

He can't push off due to the calf injury sustained earlier in the season.

I couldn't care less about the cap space but it's a bummer to see such a dedicated Chief and good man not attain his goals.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:13 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Eleazar:

There are no leaders on this team.

If there were, this would have been dealt with.

Honestly, the Chiefs haven't had an on fieldleader since ... hell... I couldn't even say when. Probably Super Joe. He was the last guy who delivered.

The franchise has always looked to outsiders (witness the long history of outsiders, both coaches and players) for leadership. Until we grow our own, this shit will happen.

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy Fucking Reid is the primary cancer cell.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:18 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

Honestly, the Chiefs haven't had an on fieldleader since ... hell... I couldn't even say when. Probably Super Joe. He was the last guy who delivered.

The franchise has always looked to outsiders (witness the long history of outsiders, both coaches and players) for leadership. Until we grow our own, this shit will happen.

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy ****ing Reid is the primary cancer cell.
Berry is a leader. Quit being overdramatic with the Reid comment. Leadership has been lacking since the Herm years...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:23 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy ****ing Reid is the primary cancer cell.
They don't have vocal team leaders. But I think Houston and Berry have often put him in his place. Sure I agree that I wish I had a Ray Lewis to smack sense into him. There are lots of things Andy Reid should have done better. But I think this all could have been avoided with better leadership up top with Clark Hunt. It sounds like he never addressed the anthem protests until midseason. And during that time, just a long line of typical robotic canned Chiefs' responses. They could have demonstrated they had Peters' back while stopping the protests earlier. They didn't. And yes, I think that was the powderkeg that set this whole damn spiral in motion.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:24 PM 12-09-2017
Peters is more Belcher than Brady
[Reply]
srvy 09:30 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They don't have vocal team leaders. But I think Houston and Berry have often put him in his place. Sure I agree that I wish I had a Ray Lewis to smack sense into him. There are lots of things Andy Reid should have done better. But I think this all could have been avoided with better leadership up top with Clark Hunt. It sounds like he never addressed the anthem protests until midseason. And during that time, just a long line of typical robotic canned Chiefs' responses. They could have demonstrated they had Peters' back while stopping the protests earlier. They didn't. And yes, I think that was the powderkeg that set this whole damn spiral in motion.
Do tell us how you know this or is this song in your head because you want it to be. It sounds is nothing more than a wild hair.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 57
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up