ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 176
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:51 PM 11-17-2017
The Royals *should* have been good for a long time.

Nope.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:04 PM 11-17-2017
I hope the Royals lose for 1000 years.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:10 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Let me know when Moore drafts a 1st rounder worth a shit or makes a trade that doesn’t involve a Cy Young winner that he *wins*.

Good luck.
You're being an epic dipshit.

81/81 with SuperStars? This team has never had Superstars and even with losing most of the offensive guys, the difference between losing 81 games and 100 is significantly different. Doesn't mean the Royals will be good, but calling 100 loses already is insanely retarded.

Let me know when all the Chiefs "awesome" draft picks, player trades (Alex Smith!!!) and player development pays off. I can't wait!

Until then, 2015 beats 1969.

Might as well go enjoy being a loser Dodgers fan, as you clearly aren't a Royals fan. I am sure they loved their season.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:21 PM 11-17-2017
I saw that Kumar Rocker was from Georgia and I wondered if he was John Rocker's kid or something, and then I googled him. The irony!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:26 PM 11-17-2017
Let me know when Moore drafts a 1st rounder worth a shit or makes a trade that doesn’t involve a Cy Young winner that he *wins*.

Good luck.

This is extreme hyperbole.

Good picks:
Mike Moustakas
Eric Hosmer
Sean Manaea
Brandon Finnegan
Mike Montgomery

Average pick:
Aaron Crow

Bad Picks:
Chris Colon
Bubba Starling

Unlucky pick:
Kyle Zimmer

As for trades, Moore ended making out incredibly well in the Myers trade, cashing in a top 5 prospect who hasn't quite lived up to expectations for pieces that led to two AL pennants and a World Series title.

He won the Sanchez/Guthrie trade rather handily.

He raped the Reds for Cueto.

They may 90 games or more, but sinking to 100-loss levels is hard to do unless you're purposely tanking or just have no talent at all on your squad. Neither will be the case for KC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:28 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You're being an epic dipshit.

81/81 with SuperStars? This team has never had Superstars and even with losing most of the offensive guys, the difference between losing 81 games and 100 is significantly different. Doesn't mean the Royals will be good, but calling 100 loses already is insanely retarded.

Let me know when all the Chiefs "awesome" draft picks, player trades (Alex Smith!!!) and player development pays off. I can't wait!

Until then, 2015 beats 1969.

Might as well go enjoy being a loser Dodgers fan, as you clearly aren't a Royals fan. I am sure they loved their season.
:-)

You have to be kidding.

Moose, Hosmer and Cain will sign huge contracts, contracts that the Royals can’t afford.

Vargas will sign a nice deal, as will Minor. Escobar is gone as well.

Enjoy your fantasy babseball.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:36 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This is extreme hyperbole.

Good picks:
Mike Moustakas
Eric Hosmer
Sean Manaea
Brandon Finnegan
Mike Montgomery

Average pick:
Aaron Crow

Bad Picks:
Chris Colon
Bubba Starling

Unlucky pick:
Kyle Zimmer

As for trades, Moore ended making out incredibly well in the Myers trade, cashing in a top 5 prospect who hasn't quite lived up to expectations for pieces that led to two AL pennants and a World Series title.

He won the Sanchez/Guthrie trade rather handily.

He raped the Reds for Cueto.

They may 90 games or more, but sinking to 100-loss levels is hard to do unless you're purposely tanking or just have no talent at all on your squad. Neither will be the case for KC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 years between “good” 1st round picks is “hyperbole”?

What?

How can you defend this assclown?
[Reply]
TLO 10:39 PM 11-17-2017
lewdog laying the smack down in here already. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:42 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by TLO:
lewdog laying the smack down in here already. :-)
He’s wrong, as usual.

Tell me about 81/81, Lew
[Reply]
lewdog 10:50 PM 11-17-2017
:-)

You have to be kidding.

Moose, Hosmer and Cain will sign huge contracts, contracts that the Royals can’t afford.

Vargas will sign a nice deal, as will Minor. Escobar is gone as well.

Enjoy your fantasy babseball.
I guess you forget how hard it is to stay a top the pinnacle in any given sport? Most teams don't last long there. Moore drafted home grown talent that won a World Series. In the past two years he's made some bad signings and players have regressed. This is sports. Can you name a Chiefs GM who has done more?

It's hard knowing about the pinnacle of sports as a Chiefs fan though, so I'll give you that. What do you remember about the 1969 season?
[Reply]
lewdog 10:54 PM 11-17-2017
You've literally been laughed at for your shit Royals takes over the years here.

"I wouldn't have traded for Cueto even though the outcome was a World Series."

I mean, that's butt fucking moron level shit that Billay doesn't even say.....and by God he's fucking dumb.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:57 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You've literally been laughed at for your shit Royals takes over the years here.

"I wouldn't have traded for Cueto even though the outcome was a World Series."

I mean, that's butt ****ing moron level shit that Billay doesn't even say.....and by God he's ****ing dumb.
He's just a dumb Chiefs homer. Poor Lil fella
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:58 PM 11-17-2017
I really want to back Duncan on the draft picks, but when he ignore the Indiana HS pitchers it exaggerates the slight over valuations on guys.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:59 PM 11-17-2017
Who pissed in Dane's Cheerios?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:00 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Who pissed in Dane's Cheerios?
Alex Smith, makes him extra mad
[Reply]
Page 2 of 176
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up