ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 165
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2017-2018 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:23 PM 03-27-2017
Back up in your ass with the resurrection. Follow the Cuonzo Martin era here.

Recruiting Commitments:

2017:
Michael Porter Jr., SF, *****, Gatorade National Player of the Year
CJ Roberts, PG, ****
Blake Harris, PG, ***/****
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C, ****
Kassius Robertson, Grad Transfer
Jontay Porter (possible re-classification from Class of '18), ****

Departures: No one that matters
Returning Players: No one that matters

Overall class ranking: #6 nationally.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 PM 04-03-2017
Roberts is already tweeting at Harris and Mizzou fans trying to do a little recruiting on his own.

What is happening here? Could Mizzou basketball be a fun thing again in the near future?
[Reply]
Beerthirty 12:08 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Roberts is already tweeting at Harris and Mizzou fans trying to do a little recruiting on his own.

What is happening here? Could Mizzou basketball be a fun thing again in the near future?
Hell its already fun and they haven't even tipped off yet. lol
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:14 PM 04-03-2017
Knox is a legitimate possibility, which is crazy.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:43 PM 04-03-2017
Just got this excerpt from a news story sent to me. Sounds good.

Originally Posted by :
Martin also won over Roberts’ father Craig, who has been an AAU coach for over 20 years.

Craig Roberts said every person he called that knew Martin had nothing but good things to say about him.

He added that some coaches he didn’t plan on asking went out of their way to call him and express their support for Missouri’s new coach while the family waited to meet him.

“Everyone that I know that knows him, the first thing anyone said to me when I saw him was he’s a good guy and would be good with my son,” he said. “I do mean everyone. I can give you a list of all the kind of people that know him and called me to say he would be a good guy for my son.”

Another important factor for Craig Roberts was Martin’s defensive philosophy as a coach. For years Craig has told his son that the biggest thing he was missing as a player was to be a factor on the defensive side of the ball.

When Martin told the family during their meeting that playing no defense is the easiest way for his players to ride the bench, the elder Roberts knew that the family was in good hands.

“He laid it out,” Craig Roberts said. “You don’t defend, you don’t play. He told CJ that straight out. That’s non-negotiable. It only makes you a better player.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:10 PM 04-03-2017
With Porter and Roberts in the fold, if they got Knox they're going to be ridiculous. I'd honestly be shocked if they make the tourney next year. The only issue is how long will it take for the team to gel.
[Reply]
Beerthirty 02:15 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
With Porter and Roberts in the fold, if they got Knox they're going to be ridiculous. I'd honestly be shocked if they make the tourney next year. The only issue is how long will it take for the team to gel.
Cuonzo is going to have to be at his best to get Knox away from those schools. He is coming for a visit though so you never know.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:22 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Beerthirty:
Cuonzo is going to have to be at his best to get Knox away from those schools. He is coming for a visit though so you never know.
I think it may be possible, especially if Porter recruits him too.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:55 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Beerthirty:
The good thing is, Mizzou has nice facilities. Knox likely knew nothing about Mizzou prior to Martin and Porter. Getting him on campus is huge.
[Reply]
Beerthirty 03:51 PM 04-03-2017
Any word on the staff besides Porter Sr.? I haven't really heard.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:06 PM 04-03-2017
@MizzouSports: 2017 5* center, Jeremiah Tilmon, just Retweeted his Illinois commitment post from July. You can probably scratch him off your wish list. https://twitter.com/MizzouSports/sta...983749/photo/1
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:33 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@MizzouSports: 2017 5* center, Jeremiah Tilmon, just Retweeted his Illinois commitment post from July. You can probably scratch him off your wish list. https://twitter.com/MizzouSports/sta...983749/photo/1
Too bad, they need a big
[Reply]
Beerthirty 09:41 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Too bad, they need a big
If they don't get a big that might be when Jontay reclassifies.??
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:40 PM 04-03-2017
Imma just drop this here:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...142510129.html
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:56 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Imma just drop this here:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...142510129.html

Wow.

Sounds like dad is impressed with Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:11 PM 04-04-2017
This is by all accounts an awesome start for the turnaround of Mizzou basketball so far, but does it concern anyone else that most of this top tier talent is coming here because we hired someones dad?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 165
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up