ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 165
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2017-2018 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:23 PM 03-27-2017
Back up in your ass with the resurrection. Follow the Cuonzo Martin era here.

Recruiting Commitments:

2017:
Michael Porter Jr., SF, *****, Gatorade National Player of the Year
CJ Roberts, PG, ****
Blake Harris, PG, ***/****
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C, ****
Kassius Robertson, Grad Transfer
Jontay Porter (possible re-classification from Class of '18), ****

Departures: No one that matters
Returning Players: No one that matters

Overall class ranking: #6 nationally.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:07 PM 02-20-2018
@BKSportsTalk: Cuonzo says he wanted either a timeout after they got the ball in the front court, or a shot by Kassius in the corner on the final possession.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:16 PM 02-20-2018
21 turnovers. How did you guys almost beat West Virginia (because of their pressing forcing turnover defense). Seems like a team like that would be your bugaboo, and teams that don't pressure the ball handler would be a really good match up for Missouri.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:26 PM 02-20-2018
@SamTSnelling: Again, I’ll reiterate. Every mock bracket tomorrow will have Missouri in the tournament. Every single one. If they lose to Kentucky, every single one.

Just beat Vandy and/or Arkansas and you have no worries.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:31 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@SamTSnelling: Again, I’ll reiterate. Every mock bracket tomorrow will have Missouri in the tournament. Every single one. If they lose to Kentucky, every single one.

Just beat Vandy and/or Arkansas and you have no worries.
Mostly agree, but if Mizzou can’t beat 11-16 Ole Miss at home what would make anyone think we can win either of the remaining two roadies or the Arky game? I mean, who’s confident Mizzou will win one of the final 3 right now? I’m not.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:35 PM 02-20-2018
No way this loss doesn't put Mizzou on the bubble
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:15 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
21 turnovers. How did you guys almost beat West Virginia (because of their pressing forcing turnover defense). Seems like a team like that would be your bugaboo, and teams that don't pressure the ball handler would be a really good match up for Missouri.
We went from a comfortable win to "almost beating them" for exactly that reason. We shit our collective pants when WV turned up the pressure at the end of the game.

We were up 13 with 5 minutes left and then the pants shitting commenced.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:53 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Phillips and Harris were still on the team when they almost beat WV. Neither could shoot, but both could handle the ball decently.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:19 AM 02-21-2018
The last two losses are disappointing. But at least they're not getting killed by 20 every night like under Kermit. I'm willing to give Cuonzo some time to build a program here.
[Reply]
kepp 11:07 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The last two losses are disappointing. But at least they're not getting killed by 20 every night like under Kermit. I'm willing to give Cuonzo some time to build a program here.
Yes. I'm too quick to dismiss the improvement we've seen from the Anderson years. If CM can pull in a couple nice guards we will see another big improvement. Someone that can command the offense and get the ball inside cleanly will help Tilmon immensely. Right now he has to jump two feet out of position just to get most of the passes thrown his way.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:32 AM 02-21-2018
I think I am going to change Geist' s last name to Heist....because he steals every victory from us.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:57 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I think I am going to change Geist' s last name to Heist....because he steals every victory from us.
I couldn't believe how careless he (and Robertson) were with the ball. They really didn't value the ball. Geist had his shot blocked an incredible amount of times as well. However, if the team would hit free throws, they win (regulation and/or overtime).
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:47 AM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I couldn't believe how careless he (and Robertson) were with the ball. They really didn't value the ball. Geist had his shot blocked an incredible amount of times as well. However, if the team would hit free throws, they win (regulation and/or overtime).
I will give Robertson a pass for a mistake here and there because the rest of his play makes up for it.

But Heist just continues to astound me with the bonehead plays....how Cuonzo hasn't benched him by now surprises me.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:20 PM 02-22-2018
Porter Jr cleared for full participation, per Jon Rothstein of CBS.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...6%7Ctwterm%5E0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
baitism 04:32 PM 02-22-2018
If Porter gets cleared to play the NCAA will put Mizzou in for sure.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:51 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by baitism:
If Porter gets cleared to play the NCAA will put Mizzou in for sure.

It would appear he has been cleared to play.
[Reply]
Page 131 of 165
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Up