ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 42
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Unique Military Weapons
Easy 6 05:45 PM 08-02-2013
Cant recall ever seeing a thread on this topic so i thought it was time we had one... this thread is dedicated to military weaponry of any kind, from any era or nation.

There is a seemingly endless array of novel, fascinating, revolutionary or even ill-fated hardware out there so subject material shouldnt be a problem.

First entry coming up shortly...
[Reply]
Bowser 05:32 PM 08-03-2013
Originally Posted by scott free:
Thats pretty badass, Bowser, has some real range to it at 800 meters, love the way the spokesman put "it basically creates a one man mortar team".

Going to the live fire 203 range was the always the single most fun thing i did in the army.
The first thing I thought when I saw the vid was that it was something straight out of a COD game. Awesome weapon.

I've heard stories about heat seeking bullets, but couldn't find anything real or of substance on YouTube. THAT is some next gen shit.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:37 PM 08-03-2013
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The first thing I thought when I saw the vid was that it was something straight out of a COD game. Awesome weapon.

I've heard stories about heat seeking bullets, but couldn't find anything real or of substance on YouTube. THAT is some next gen shit.
I think Future Weapons might've done something about those.

A huge regret of mine was never getting to see what kind of waste i could lay with one of these...

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:41 PM 08-03-2013
Originally Posted by scott free:
Yep, i'd completely forgotten how they used to catapult plague vicitms into besieged towns, good call guys.

How about this, invisibility cloak in action or "frame lag"?...

ed- not sure why it wont load, but it appears to show a soldier appear out of nowhere and climb onto an Abrams in the middle east during a firefight.
I remember reading years ago about how they had invisibility cloaks in development. I don't remember the exact details, but apparently LED was some kind of breakthrough, along with the miniaturization of camera technology. I'm sure it's advanced well beyond this, but at that time, as i recall, they had a series of cameras that would record on one side of your body and then leds would project the image on the other. And they had this working on multiple levels, from individual to tanks and planes.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:47 PM 08-03-2013

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:48 PM 08-03-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I remember reading years ago about how they had invisibility cloaks in development. I don't remember the exact details, but apparently LED was some kind of breakthrough, along with the miniaturization of camera technology. I'm sure it's advanced well beyond this, but at that time, as i recall, they had a series of cameras that would record on one side of your body and then leds would project the image on the other. And they had this working on multiple levels, from individual to tanks and planes.
Exactly, i bet by now they have it in use in the field, particularly the smaller stuff like individual suits.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:53 PM 08-03-2013
Metal Storm = WOW

An unmanned sentry capable of that kind of destruction.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:57 PM 08-03-2013
WWII Bat bombs

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:32 PM 08-03-2013
"Bat Bombs"... that one was a real doozy, good call... filed under "ill fated".

That idea smelled of true desperation, if it could've saved japan from the nuke it would've been great... but such is life.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:34 PM 08-06-2013
Where is Donger? what about you Cheater 5?

Thought for sure i'd get an interesting entry from them...

With that query, to the high seas we go, never seen this one before, pretty damn cool looking...

[Reply]
beach tribe 11:46 PM 08-06-2013
Is this footage real or BS?

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:00 AM 08-07-2013
Gotta go with the with the Davy Crockett recoilless rifle. The most powerful weapon ever carried and fired by a single man.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:13 PM 08-07-2013
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Is this footage real or BS?
Its real, it was taken by insurgents after blowing the tracks after the first Abrams on the scene.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:15 PM 08-07-2013
The Davy Crockett tactical nuke in action...

[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:31 PM 08-07-2013
Guess we dropped one of these on a tank column that came charging out of Bagdad. When the back half of the column saw what happened to the front half they decided surrender sounded like a good idea.

[Reply]
Donger 01:36 PM 08-07-2013
Davy Crockett nuclear weapon.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 42
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up