ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1188 of 2693
« First < 18868810881138117811841185118611871188 118911901191119211981238128816882188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:44 AM 10-17-2018
And he would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids!
[Reply]
FAX 07:44 AM 10-17-2018
Bad play for Mahomes, no doubt.

On the other hand, Kelce had his hands on the football.

Good angle, though. You can tell that the Pats DBs had been practicing sticking tight to receivers on a scramble. They weren't surprised that he was looking to throw at the last possible second and they were also attempting to cover every possible level. Well coached defense, right there.

FAX
[Reply]
dj56dt58 07:47 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, that was by far his worst decision yet as a Chief. Good learning experience.
I don’t even think it was a bad decision..trailing right before half his d can’t stop a dog turd from scoring badly needs a touchdown..trying to make something happen on third down can’t blame him
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:48 AM 10-17-2018
But that extra field goal would've been nice
[Reply]
Best22 07:49 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
I don’t even think it was a bad decision..trailing right before half his d can’t stop a dog turd from scoring badly needs a touchdown..trying to make something happen on third down can’t blame him
Circumstances make it a bad decision

I like aggression, but a FG could've been big there.

Also, you'll see Ware was open on the right side of the screen

Mahomes isn't perfect, even when he's dragging 270 lb players for 7 yards
:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:54 AM 10-17-2018
That's a bad decision, dude. Ended up costing us at least 3 points in a game that ended up 43-40. It's all good though, he's more than capable of making up for any questionable decisions.
[Reply]
FAX 07:56 AM 10-17-2018
Turnover. Bad. Field Goal. Good.

FAX
[Reply]
prhom 08:07 AM 10-17-2018
I’m pretty sure that was on first down. Slightly more excusable on 3rd in the name of being aggressive and going for the TD. Still the correct thing in that scenario is to make sure you get points on both the final drive before the half and when you get the ball first in the second half. That’s the whole reason teams defer until the second half. It gives you a chance to score back to back and really put pressure on the other team. Hopefully Mahomes learned that lesson and also learned that scoring too quickly almost as bad as not scoring at all. With our defense we should just consider that giving the ball back to the opponent with more than 15 seconds left is bad clock management. We almost lost the Denver game due to poor clock manangement too.
[Reply]
Best22 08:12 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by prhom:
I’m pretty sure that was on first down. Slightly more excusable on 3rd in the name of being aggressive and going for the TD. Still the correct thing in that scenario is to make sure you get points on both the final drive before the half and when you get the ball first in the second half. That’s the whole reason teams defer until the second half. It gives you a chance to score back to back and really put pressure on the other team. Hopefully Mahomes learned that lesson and also learned that scoring too quickly almost as bad as not scoring at all. With our defense we should just consider that giving the ball back to the opponent with more than 15 seconds left is bad clock management. We almost lost the Denver game due to poor clock manangement too.

On the last Denver drive, KC ate up a lot of clock, but you have to remember that the #1 goal when trailing is to take the lead, not run off clock. People complaining about the 75 yard score to Hill are crazy. Could you imagine if Hill stopped and KC failed to score on the drive, losing 33-40?

You have a defense for a reason. They were a yard away from stopping NE and giving the all back to the Chiefs.

You NEVER pass upon opportunities to score.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:15 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
On the last Denver drive, KC ate up a lot of clock, but you have to remember that the #1 goal when trailing is to take the lead, not run off clock. People complaining about the 75 yard score to Hill are crazy. Could you imagine if Hill stopped and KC failed to score on the drive, losing 33-40?

You have a defense for a reason. They were a yard away from stopping NE and giving the all back to the Chiefs.

On a side note, they shouldn’t have tackled gronkowski. Let him get the td with 1:30 left. I trust 15 to go get points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:17 AM 10-17-2018
Mahomes drags this defense like he drags Hightower on this play

But, throwing a pass with a LB on your back into triple coverage across your body?

He was tired of FG’s & decided to push the envelope.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:32 AM 10-17-2018
hightower should have been flagged right there for roughing the passer
[Reply]
prhom 09:15 AM 10-17-2018

I know what you mean, but I truly think you have to re-evaluate some of the generally accepted concepts when the defense is playing the way ours was that game. Against the Jags, same situation, sure get the points. Against the Pats, the way they were moving the ball all night? Did anyone actually believe that Brady wasn’t going to be able to ge them in position to kick a FG with 3 minutes and timeouts to work with? No, we all knew the defense wasn’t going to hold. Brady and the Pats didn’t go for it all at once when they got it back, because they knew that Mahomes could likely go right back down the field and score himself. They trusted their team to execute what was needed. They needed to burn clock and get a FG and that’s exactly what they did. No more no less.
[Reply]
FAX 10-17-2018, 09:17 AM
This message has been deleted by FAX. Reason: None. None whatsoever.
The Franchise 09:34 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
hightower should have been flagged right there for roughing the passer
The Patriots get a penalty? You're a funny guy.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:38 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
The Patriots get a penalty? You're a funny guy.
lol he drove him into the ground on the play but i know what you're saying it sucks
[Reply]
Page 1188 of 2693
« First < 18868810881138117811841185118611871188 118911901191119211981238128816882188 > Last »
Up