ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 362
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Space Exploration megathread
DaFace 09:40 AM 06-01-2014
Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

Spoiler!

How to Watch a Live Launch
Spoiler!

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
unlurking 12:50 PM 08-24-2017
Yeah, I'm still surprised they couldn't find something else to throw in there.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:04 PM 08-24-2017
Even for a SpaceX junkie like me, these are starting to get a little boring. Glad everything went great, though. Look at the little guy go! :-)

[Reply]
DaFace 01:09 PM 08-24-2017
Next up: space plane!

Time hasn't been announced yet, so I just put it in as a noon launch in the OP for now.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:46 PM 08-24-2017
This went from "can we" to "pretty routine" in an amazingly, stunningly, awesomely, wonderfully short period of time. I'm sure each mission has people working tirelessly and endlessly, but they sure have made it look routine.

I'd rep them if they were on CP.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:58 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This image was leaked a year ago. It was thought to just be a preliminary idea, but it's clear that it was pretty damn close!

What about for those of us with big dicks? My junk will certainly be bulging in a suit like that.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:45 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What about for those of us with big dicks? My junk will certainly be bulging in a suit like that.
Well, then you can't go to space. Unless you want to get a trim job first. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 09:16 AM 09-05-2017
Just a heads up that the next launch is still on schedule. However, it seems like they're being even more secretive than usual about this one. We don't even have a time for the launch.

In theory, it'll still be webcast as usual sometime Thursday morning, but who knows at this point? I'll post more if I hear more.
[Reply]
eDave 09:17 AM 09-05-2017
Just a heads up that the next launch is still on schedule. However, it seems like they're being even more secretive than usual about this one. We don't even have a time for the launch.

In theory, it'll still be webcast as usual sometime Thursday morning, but who knows at this point? I'll post more if I hear more.
Where's the launch from and what about Irma?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:43 AM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Where's the launch from and what about Irma?
Irma isn't scheduled to hit Florida until the weekend, so this launch should be off by then. It might impact recovery efforts, though, or obviously could get in the way if there's a scrub.

EDIT: This one is RTLS, so at least they won't have a barge out in the middle of the ocean in a Cat 5 hurricane. They're gonna have to get it down after landing in a real hurry, though.
[Reply]
Donger 02:25 PM 09-05-2017
I love that these are almost becoming routine. Of course, that's usually when something goes boom. Let's hope not.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:20 AM 09-06-2017
Finally got a time. 9:50am EST tomorrow morning, though even that's not technically official. They're definitely being secretive about this thing.

Weather's pretty iffy, and if there's a scrub, it's almost certainly going to delay things a week or more due to Irma.

EDIT: Now it's apparently 9:50am (not 9:20 as I originally posted). Damn secretive missions. It's a 5-hour window, though, so they may try and wait for the right opening in the weather to get it off.
[Reply]
aturnis 06:58 AM 09-07-2017
Finally got a time. 9:50am EST tomorrow morning, though even that's not technically official. They're definitely being secretive about this thing.

Weather's pretty iffy, and if there's a scrub, it's almost certainly going to delay things a week or more due to Irma.

EDIT: Now it's apparently 9:50am (not 9:20 as I originally posted). Damn secretive missions. It's a 5-hour window, though, so they may try and wait for the right opening in the weather to get it off.
Was there going to be a landing I this one? Cargo sure is cool this time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
eDave 07:39 AM 09-07-2017

~30 minutes until Falcon 9 launch of OTV-5. Webcast will go live about 10 minutes before liftoff → https://t.co/gtC39uBC7z

— SpaceX (@SpaceX) September 7, 2017

[Reply]
DaFace 07:40 AM 09-07-2017
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Was there going to be a landing I this one? Cargo sure is cool this time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yep, there will be a landing at LZ1.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:46 AM 09-07-2017
the sad thing about space travel is we're boxing ourselves in to not being able to go to space anymore. We need to do something about the debris that is just floating around out there.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 362
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up