ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1375 of 3903
« First < 37587512751325136513711372137313741375 137613771378137913851425147518752375 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
JakeLV 11:06 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Sorry if a repost:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/healt...ing/index.html

(CNN)On Friday, Dr. Mangala Narasimhan received an urgent call. A man in his 40s with Covid-19 was in a dire situation, and her colleague wanted her to come the intensive care unit at Long Island Jewish Hospital to see if he needed to be put on life support.

Before I come over there, Narasimhan told the other doctor, try turning the patient over onto his stomach and see if that helps.

Narasimhan didn't need to go the ICU. The flip worked.

Doctors are finding that placing the sickest coronavirus patients on their stomachs -- called prone positioning - helps increase the amount of oxygen that's getting to their lungs.

"We're saving lives with this, one hundred percent," said Narasimhan, the regional director for critical care at Northwell Health, which owns 23 hospitals in New York. "It's such a simple thing to do, and we've seen remarkable improvement. We can see it for every single patient."

[Reply]
petegz28 11:08 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Not really some new treatment though.
So what? If it works or helps then that is good
[Reply]
Monticore 11:15 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So what? If it works or helps then that is good
I mean they have been using this method most likely from the start, it is not new science they discovered this week so would mostly likely not change our trajectory since it was already common practice.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:20 AM 04-14-2020
I mean they have been using this method most likely from the start, it is not new science they discovered this week so would mostly likely not change our trajectory since it was already common practice.
I am sure they have....
[Reply]
loochy 11:21 AM 04-14-2020

They should probably put the people on some kind of rotating device, kind of like a spit.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:22 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by :
April 14, 2020

I would love to report that we're through the worst of it, and we can all start to think about getting back to normal. But that wouldn't be the truth.

Los Angeles County had 31 deaths from COVID-19 on Sunday alone - the highest daily total yet. And here in the Valley, we've now got more than 1,500 confirmed cases - more than in all of Kansas, Arkansas or Idaho.

Yikes re: The Valley
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:24 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
so what are they magically dying from?
The hospitals have been told to report almost all deaths as Covid-19 so as to inflate the numbers. It's already been proven in the number of deaths in Italy. Same is happening here.
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 04-14-2020
It's a great time to figure out what works as we start opening back up, unlike before when we seized our asses up so tight.

As you loosen up you can see what is going ok and what may cause more spread.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:26 AM 04-14-2020
I am sure they have....
Some guys just like having their name in the paper, I was talking to our ER doc about this 2 months ago, so if our hillbilly doctors way up here knew about it, I would assume most Respirologist have.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:27 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
The hospitals have been told to report almost all deaths as Covid-19 so as to inflate the numbers. It's already been proven in the number of deaths in Italy. Same is happening here.
We have already debunked this, try another conspiracy.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:27 AM 04-14-2020
Yeah, I have not heard that one. Got some info?
Me either. All I’ve heard is that they definitely can
[Reply]
underEJ 11:30 AM 04-14-2020
We've started planning a return to work if the May 15th extension holds, and it is pretty interesting to think about the reality. We have a project team of 250 people working from home at about 70% productivity. When the go ahead happens it will not be to immediately bring all 250 back into the office where only 50 have private offices and 200 have open seating. All of those desk cubes are way too close together until a vaccine exists. We are probably looking at overhauling the way we space plan forever. Meeting rooms are also inadequate so we will continue remote meetings, and allocate those spaces to more private work areas. It is alot to think about. We are also just one project at a large company so our team in interspersed with other crews who so far have been less productive (our project was the farthest into production so everyone was pretty self sufficient already.) The biggest question is how many can come back in the space we have?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:31 AM 04-14-2020
New Study

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....10.20060699v1

Originally Posted by :
No evidence of clinical efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalized for COVID-19 infection with oxygen requirement: results of a study using routinely collected data to emulate a target trial
Background: Treatments are urgently needed to prevent respiratory failure and deaths from coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) has received worldwide attention because of positive results from small studies.
Methods: We used data collected from routine care of all adults in 4 French hospitals with documented SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia and requiring oxygen ≥ 2 L/min to emulate a target trial aimed at assessing the effectiveness of HCQ at 600 mg/day. The composite primary endpoint was transfer to intensive care unit (ICU) within 7 days from inclusion and/or death from any cause. Analyses were adjusted for confounding factors by inverse probability of treatment weighting.
Results: This study included 181 patients with SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia; 84 received HCQ within 48 hours of admission (HCQ group) and 97 did not (no-HCQ group). Initial severity was well balanced between the groups. In the weighted analysis, 20.2% patients in the HCQ group were transferred to the ICU or died within 7 days vs 22.1% in the no-HCQ group (16 vs 21 events, relative risk [RR] 0.91, 95% CI 0.47-1.80). In the HCQ group, 2.8% of the patients died within 7 days vs 4.6% in the no-HCQ group (3 vs 4 events, RR 0.61, 95% CI 0.13-2.89), and 27.4% and 24.1%, respectively, developed acute respiratory distress syndrome within 7 days (24 vs 23 events, RR 1.14, 95% CI 0.65-2.00). Eight patients receiving HCQ (9.5%) experienced electrocardiogram modifications requiring HCQ discontinuation.
Interpretation: These results do not support the use of HCQ in patients hospitalised for documented SARS-CoV-2-positive hypoxic pneumonia.

[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:32 AM 04-14-2020
We have already debunked this, try another conspiracy.
Uh it hasn't been debunked. And Season Flu doesn't just stop killing people because there is a new virus on the block.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:34 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by underEJ:
We've started planning a return to work if the May 15th extension holds, and it is pretty interesting to think about the reality. We have a project team of 250 people working from home at about 70% productivity. When the go ahead happens it will not be to immediately bring all 250 back into the office where only 50 have private offices and 200 have open seating. All of those desk cubes are way too close together until a vaccine exists. We are probably looking at overhauling the way we space plan forever. Meeting rooms are also inadequate so we will continue remote meetings, and allocate those spaces to more private work areas. It is alot to think about. We are also just one project at a large company so our team in interspersed with other crews who so far have been less productive (our project was the farthest into production so everyone was pretty self sufficient already.) The biggest question is how many can come back in the space we have?
I think a lot of companies are going to have to change their office settings until a vaccine comes out. Will be interesting to see what gyms do.
[Reply]
Page 1375 of 3903
« First < 37587512751325136513711372137313741375 137613771378137913851425147518752375 > Last »
Up