ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1325 of 3903
« First < 32582512251275131513211322132313241325 132613271328132913351375142518252325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 06:47 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Teams used to hold their training camps outside of their home states on a regular basis... the Chiefs in River Falls, Wisconsin, the Saints in West Virginia, etc. Moving a team’s training camp out of their home state if needed is doable.

And the regular season start date is 170+ days from when the lockdown measures began in March.

If China ended their lockdown measures in about 70 days in Wuhan, Beijing and Shanghai, why is it impossible to see a realistic scenario where the NFL regular season can start on time with some adjustments such as reduced stadium capacities, fans required to wear face masks, etc.?

They have ended their lock downs but haven't started up with major sporting events and everybody is still wearing masks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Another random question that just popped into my mind.

You think they could just deliver serology tests to every house in America? It could just be a finger prick test or something easy like that.

I'm sure it won't be anywhere this easy, but I was pondering the idea earlier.

Plus the scale up of getting enough tests for everyone in the country would be crazy too.

Idk how they're gonna implement this.
C. Everett Koop sent a mailer to every house in America about AIDS in 1988. Printing paper is easier than mass producing an antibody test, but it could be done.

I look at it this way: I had to demonstrate proof of vaccination for work in healthcare, including antibody titers for MMR. We have vaccination records for millions and millions of children in the public school system.

Doing something similar for working adults is a massive undertaking, but it's not impossible, and some companies are already promoting finger stick tests.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:50 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How the fuck can this man drink shit like Pappys and make great money and still drink Busch!?!
I love a good steak but sometimes I crave a McDouble with only ketchup. Besides, you're much better off drinking a lawn beer after cutting brush than some kind of chocolate oatmeal stout.
[Reply]
limested 06:50 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How the **** can this man drink shit like Pappys and make great money and still drink Busch!?!
Funny thing about pappys.... if you did blind taste testing with a group of ‘normal’ bourbon drinkers with pappy and a few $40-$100 bottles of bourbon the majority will choose one of the cheap bottles as best tasting.

The intrigue with Pappys is mostly that it is rare, not that it is the best.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:51 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
C. Everett Koop sent a mailer to every house in America about AIDS in 1988. Printing paper is easier than mass producing an antibody test, but it could be done.

I look at it this way: I had to demonstrate proof of vaccination for work in healthcare, including antibody titers for MMR. We have vaccination records for millions and millions of children in the public school system.

Doing something similar for working adults is a massive undertaking, but it's not impossible, and some companies are already promoting finger stick tests.
How quickly does a blood test have to be processed for something like this?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:51 PM 04-10-2020
But for funsies IF getting the vaccine does include a microchip and you have to have it before you can “come back to society”

How many of you guys going to tell the government FU
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:52 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay....I don't think we need a model for that. But does their model take into account ancillary impacts of staying shut down for another 1.5 months?

You think people are shitting their pants about the economy now you just wait.....
We shouldn't need a model for that pete, but I think we do need a model for it. Reaching the summit doesn't mean you're off the mountain or out of danger, especially if you abandon the practices that got you to the summit in the first place.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:53 PM 04-10-2020

Even if we did get tests to everyone how do you process all those in any timely fashion?

The bottom line is there is going to come a point that we are just going to have to take a chance. If we wait until we know it's 100% safe we are never leaving our houses again.
[Reply]
limested 06:54 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
But for funsies IF getting the vaccine does include a microchip and you have to have it before you can “come back to society”

How many of you guys going to tell the government FU
I might cave in not because I like the idea of it but because of having asthma I am high risk and assume if I were to get infected it won’t go well.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:55 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay....I don't think we need a model for that. But does their model take into account ancillary impacts of staying shut down for another 1.5 months?

You think people are shitting their pants about the economy now you just wait.....
Well no but it would be for an additional 30 days and alot of states already have lock downs to mid May.

Originally Posted by TLO:
I guess the question becomes how much faith do you put in that model? :-)
50-50. I don't have much faith in our testing though.

Originally Posted by :
https://mayoclinicproceedings.org/pb...p_ft95_4_4.pdf

Mayo Clinic announced the main test for detecting coronavirus may have a drawback.

According to its study, the test is very good at detecting positive cases of COVID-19, but the weakness is in detecting negative cases. That means a situation could arise where someone tests negative and has no symptoms, when really they have had coronavirus all along.

[Reply]
Monticore 06:56 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Funny thing about pappys.... if you did blind taste testing with a group of ‘normal’ bourbon drinkers with pappy and a few $40-$100 bottles of bourbon the majority will choose one of the cheap bottles as best tasting.

The intrigue with Pappys is mostly that it is rare, not that it is the best.
The same way some people prefer fake maple syrup over the real stuff, which to me is sacrilegious.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:57 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
How quickly does a blood test have to be processed for something like this?
That's beyond my knowledge. I don't know much of anything about reagents for antibody testing and their stability. You probably don't want it sitting in a 115 degree metal mailbox for a week, though.

In most cases, you probably want it so you can go back to work, so distributing them to employers and having each employee take the test to show immunity would be the fastest way. It might be something closer to the mass vaccination campaigns enacted in the second half of the 20th century against smallpox and polio.
[Reply]
limested 06:58 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The same way some people prefer fake maple syrup over the real stuff, which to me is sacrilegious.
If I had to make a choice that was pappys and fake syrup or old crow and real maple syrup I would not hesitate to worship the crow.

After a few drinks you forget about the taste. You can’t say after a few bites you forget it is log cabin syrup.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:59 PM 04-10-2020
We shouldn't need a model for that pete, but I think we do need a model for it. Reaching the summit doesn't mean you're off the mountain or out of danger, especially if you abandon the practices that got you to the summit in the first place.
The model to me appears to me more curve fitting than forecasting. It seems the model predicts something, the model turns out to not even be close, they input data that fits it back towards the real data, they make another forecast, the model is way off again, they input more data and so on and so on.

I know that's not really what is happening but it seems like it.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:00 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Well no but it would be for an additional 30 days and alot of states already have lock downs to mid May.

50-50. I don't have much faith in our testing though.
I think you got to the end of May at best. If we don't start easing up in places by then you're gonna have an entirely new list of shit to deal with.
[Reply]
Page 1325 of 3903
« First < 32582512251275131513211322132313241325 132613271328132913351375142518252325 > Last »
Up