ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 149
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:40 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Probably, power is expensive and he has no value as a fielder. I thought they should have explored trading Dozier after he finished last year strong because I'm not convinced he's that player and he's older.
Dozier is safety net if Pratto doesn't make it IMO. Hud and Ryan was raving about him and excited to see what Pratto does in Spring Training this year.
[Reply]
tk13 07:41 PM 09-27-2020
That's the problem with Soler though. He has little value in the field. And we don't know if the National League will have the DH next year. That would increase his value, but if not I'd imagine his trade value would be limited.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:00 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Throwing it out there - would you look to trade Soler this offseason?
No. Coming off a down year compared to the season before. And they’re going t be aiming to compete next year.

Originally Posted by Mecca:
Bubic reminds me of Jason Vargas, not sure if that's just me.
It’s a good comparison, but he generates more swing and miss and has more velocity. He can be a tick better.
[Reply]
Coach 08:03 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
That's the problem with Soler though. He has little value in the field. And we don't know if the National League will have the DH next year. That would increase his value, but if not I'd imagine his trade value would be limited.
Maybe ask his agent and see what's their starting price point.

Kennedy & Gordon's contracts are both off the books after the conclusion of the 2020 season. So that frees up north of $20 million. So maybe it is workable, since Soler is in Arb 2 and will be a UFA in 2022.

Soler's value is as a DH, with an occasional RF'er.
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:04 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Why would anyone hate Alex Gordon?
I thought the same. Dude worked. Didn't complain that I can recall. Most of his time in KC was spent on some bad teams, where we'd get studs and then trade studs in their prime for players who are a couple of years away from making meaningful contributions.
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:07 PM 09-27-2020
I'm pretty pumped for the upcoming season. I like the youth movement and truth be told that's really the only way we can compete. We ain't got no Yankees money.

Just curious what it would look like if MLB had a cap system like the NFL.
[Reply]
tk13 10:40 PM 09-27-2020
This week will feel like March Madness for baseball, so that should be interesting and something different.

That said, it turned out just like we thought, expanding to 16 team almost surely lets losing teams into the playoffs. The Milwaukee Brewers clinched a spot today, finished 29-31 and never spent a single day above .500 this season. Now they get the 43-17 Dodgers and if they can sneak out two wins by riding their bullpen, the Dodgers' season is over.
[Reply]
tk13 10:50 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Maybe ask his agent and see what's their starting price point.

Kennedy & Gordon's contracts are both off the books after the conclusion of the 2020 season. So that frees up north of $20 million. So maybe it is workable, since Soler is in Arb 2 and will be a UFA in 2022.

Soler's value is as a DH, with an occasional RF'er.
They're basically going to be out from under all the big financial moves they made to try and make the playoffs in 16/17. Duffy/Perez both have one more year left, then in 2 years the only guy who's under any kind of contract is Whit and he's only owed $2.7 million. Everyone else is arbitration. They've basically cleared the field financially.

I would guess they're going to try and re-sign Salvy, but other than that the only question is whether Dayton decides to start going for it this offseason, or wait one more. He could also use that money to try and lock up guys like Mondesi or Keller too.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:40 AM 09-28-2020
I imagine off-season extensions for Perez, Mondesi, Keller, and possibly Soler will be the priority.

Would be a good time to work with Soler since he is coming off a bit of a down year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:49 PM 09-28-2020
Royals drafting 7th overall, in case that hadn't been tossed out here already. Interestingly, had they won only one more game, it would've dropped them from 7th in the order to 12th. They were tied with a bunch of teams but got the tie-breaker over all of them by virtue of their 2019 record.

So hard to be too upset about that.

Also saw a funny stat on the Twitters - Nicky Lopez had more times caught stealing (5) than the Athletics or the Braves (3 and 4 respectively). And he stole zero bases in the process. So that's less than ideal.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:26 PM 09-28-2020
Royals org had a great year. Won 26 games and Pythagorean’s said 27, baseruns 28. We finished 15th on offense WAR and 19th in pitching. That’s all told not far from an average team. We cleared off Alex + Ian while Duffy bounced back. He should be good for 25 starters / 4.60 next year.

Singer and Bubic and Keller were excellent IMO which was the most important thing to find out. We learned Lil Nicky sucks and can’t start next year, Whit needs to move back to 2B. And as DJ pointed out we still ended up with #7 overall.

Disappointments really limited to the Farm not being able to progress. But since everyone faced that it’s hard to determine it as a net loss. Since Dozier is moving to 1B next year, it was great to see his fielding metrics there improve.

Question for next year: Who. Are. The. 3. OF? Cordero? Oliveras CF? McBroom? RoH? Need to find a corner OF as top priority.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:05 PM 09-28-2020
Most importantly, did Matheny have enough games this year to figure out who his favorite players are? Which ones attended the most Bible studies?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:10 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Royals drafting 7th overall, in case that hadn't been tossed out here already. Interestingly, had they won only one more game, it would've dropped them from 7th in the order to 12th. They were tied with a bunch of teams but got the tie-breaker over all of them by virtue of their 2019 record.

So hard to be too upset about that.

Also saw a funny stat on the Twitters - Nicky Lopez had more times caught stealing (5) than the Athletics or the Braves (3 and 4 respectively). And he stole zero bases in the process. So that's less than ideal.

7th should get us Christian Colon 2.0
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:52 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Or Brady Singer 2.0
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:20 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Or Kershaw

Derp