ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 953 of 3903
« First < 453853903943949950951952953 9549559569579631003105314531953 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 03:42 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Well, perihelion happens in January and aphelion in July, which rules out distance, and Brazil is equatorial, so even though your claim is utterly without merit the opposite is happening anyway.
Brazil is getting absolutely smoked by this at the moment.
[Reply]
Donger 03:43 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its possible certainly.
It's already happening. Case in point:

Stark, ND Population 30,000. 11 confirmed cases.

All you have to do is zoom in:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:43 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It's already happening. Case in point:

Stark, ND Population 30,000. 11 confirmed cases.

All you have to do is zoom in:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:44 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
It's not the heat it's the UV rays. The earth hasn't tilted close enough to the sun yet to kill the virus. Plus who knows where they got it?
Uh... source?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:44 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Brazil is getting absolutely smoked by this at the moment.
Unfortunately, we're probably going to see a lot of that around the world. Countries with poorer economies and less-developed health care infrastructure are probably gonna get thrashed.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 03:45 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Our best hope is that there's a ton more asymptomatic and mild cases than has been reported and that we're farther along in this than we think.
I don't think you have to hope. I would be this is the case. I know countless of people who were sick a month or two ago with a viral infection that tested negative for the Flu...they were out for a few days and took a couple of weeks to recover. You can only wonder now....
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:45 PM 03-31-2020
There are also people that can't deal with being at home for long, I know some of them the idea of staying home is like death and they get depressed and can't seem to handle it.
I'll say this much, I'm sure it's not fun for anyone living in an apartment right about now. I'd have already lost my mind.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:46 PM 03-31-2020
639, new high
[Reply]
Monticore 03:46 PM 03-31-2020
There are also people that can't deal with being at home for long, I know some of them the idea of staying home is like death and they get depressed and can't seem to handle it.
To be honest if I was living in a tiny apartment in NY I would have a hard time coping , living in a small town in a big house near lakes and cottages definitely helps.
[Reply]
Donger 03:46 PM 03-31-2020
Maybe read what I actually said to begin with rather than what you want me to have said. This is you doing your typical projection bullshit.
I did.

You said it hasn't gone through a small town. That's wrong.

You then said maybe it will. That's wrong too. It already has.

If you don't like having your ignorance corrected, please don't display it.
[Reply]
O.city 03:47 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I don't think you have to hope. I would be this is the case. I know countless of people who were sick a month or two ago with a viral infection that tested negative for the Flu...they were out for a few days and took a couple of weeks to recover. You can only wonder now....
I'm hopeful thats the case. We shall see.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:47 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Unfortunately, we're probably going to see a lot of that around the world. Countries with poorer economies and less-developed health care infrastructure are probably gonna get thrashed.
They're trying to basically fudge their numbers from what I was reading, they don't count anyone in testing unless they are in critical condition and apparently people there said they had 2000 people die of respiratory issues in February that didn't get counted as Covid deaths.

Basically saying they have a shit president who wants business to resume so they're faking all their numbers to make it look good when it's not.
[Reply]
O.city 03:49 PM 03-31-2020

BodySphere is positioned to have millions of #COVID19 Two-minute serological test kits on the front lines in weeks. 99% sensitivity, 91% specificity. Will tell if you've had the virus, whether or not infectious now. https://t.co/Jwk2P3iG74

— Barney Pell (@barneyp) March 31, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 03:49 PM 03-31-2020
:-)
Feel free to zoom in on any of the little red dots throughout western Kansas, or any very rural areas of other states. You'll see the same thing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 03-31-2020
There's an entire world of Type A personalities who are being told "just sit tight for awhile and this will sort itself out..." who damn sure aren't taking well to it.

We've spent decades telling America about the nobility of pulling yourselves up by your bootstraps and bowing your back and fighting for the life you want....and now we're expecting many of those same people to just turn that off?

That's why the whole "your grandparents stormed the beaches in Normandy to save the world, all you have to do is sit on your couch" thing falls really damn flat. For many, if not the majority, the problem is that there's nothing they can do. If there was an actual enemy to fight, you'd see these same people who are being chastised for being stir crazy being the first people enlisting.

Americans aren't a sit back and wait it out lot. Yeah, they're gonna struggle like hell with this. It doesn't make them 'fucktards' - it makes them frustrated and left without an outlet. And it's made worse by these heavy handed efforts to claim a moral high ground.
[Reply]
Page 953 of 3903
« First < 453853903943949950951952953 9549559569579631003105314531953 > Last »
Up